shape
carat
color
clarity

Which photog would you pick and why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys

It has come to crunch time for FI and I and we need to decide a photog we have narrowed it down to two after seeing a couple but are still not sure who to go with. My number one choice I ruled out a couple of days ago while they had some of the most amazing shots I didn''t find them consistant

A little about what I am after
- We have meet with one the other was overseas shooting a doco with his wife so have yet to meet him in person however he seems very energetic and nice in vid''s
- One is triple the price of the other, which may be a deciding factor unless the other is willing to let us "create our own package" but I don''t want to say which so as not to influence however at the end of the day this may be a deciding factor
- I just want beautiful, elegant candid photos that capture the emotion of the day :)

Photog 1 If you go to galleries, Weddings there is a sample of his work he also has a blog

Photog 2 Photog''s 2 blog

Also if you don''t mind can you tell me why you like one better then the other - this is one of the most important things to me on the day

TIA :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
While they both take nice pictures, I like the 2nd one better because they seem more ''raw'' and emotional to me. I felt like I was there at those weddings looking at the 2nd photogs, whereas with the first one, I felt like I was just looking at pictures. I also don''t like how the 1st photog put so much of that whitish, foglike editing over quite a few pictures.

So_In_Love

Rough_Rock
I REALLY loved the first one, I feel like he has a certain very elegant style that just screams to me
9.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer #2 - Xsight.

The only thing that worries me a little is that both seem to not be a single photographer but they appear to be companies that use numerous photographers. Every photographer has a slightly different style and you just don''t know who shot each wedding. Both certainly had nice galleries but Xsight seemed to be better at working with groups and with candid, emotional images.

Treefrog

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I prefer photographer no. 2 because the photos look more natural. More reliance on skill and natural light and less gimmickery.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer #1. #2 was nice as well but if I were to choose for myself, definitely #1. I like the composition better and the mix of candid and portraity type stuff. I really felt like I was there at those weddings and #2 felt a little too edited, posed, repetitive.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
#2. More emotion comes through.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1. They both take lovely pictures, but something about the end product with the first one seems more...polished.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 7:59:14 AM
Author: princessplease
While they both take nice pictures, I like the 2nd one better because they seem more ''raw'' and emotional to me. I felt like I was there at those weddings looking at the 2nd photogs, whereas with the first one, I felt like I was just looking at pictures. I also don''t like how the 1st photog put so much of that whitish, foglike editing over quite a few pictures.

I thought the exact same thing. Number two just seemed more realistic. The first thing I thought when I saw those was that it was more "raw" and it made me feel like I was there. I also don''t cry at pictures, especially not the ones from #1 which is more cookie cutter if you will. The second one got me teary.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I strongly prefer #1. I felt the photos were much more natural, beautiful lighting, captured the moment. #2 seemed to be more planned candid, as opposed to actually candid. I didn''t get the same feelings looking at 2 that I got from looking at 1. And if it makes a difference, I clicked on 2 first and then saw 1.

Also, I''ll say I think it''s crucial to meet the photog before hiring. Feeling comfortable with the photog up in your face all day is important, since they''ll be there every moment and you don''t want to get annoyed at them for doing their job! Good luck!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, but I prefer #1. I know this isn't particularly helpful since you were looking for concrete feedback. I think maybe C-Tek and PT have something with it being about the composition and end product. I also think the photos of #1 are more vibrant and lively. FWIW, I'm not loving the candid photos of either 1 or 2 - for the most part, they both seem quite posed. However, I think this is something that can be discussed with the photog ahead of time.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 11:26:11 PM
Author: megumic
I strongly prefer #1. I felt the photos were much more natural, beautiful lighting, captured the moment. #2 seemed to be more planned candid, as opposed to actually candid. I didn''t get the same feelings looking at 2 that I got from looking at 1. And if it makes a difference, I clicked on 2 first and then saw 1.

Also, I''ll say I think it''s crucial to meet the photog before hiring. Feeling comfortable with the photog up in your face all day is important, since they''ll be there every moment and you don''t want to get annoyed at them for doing their job! Good luck!

This. Exactly. I felt like the 2nd photog was trying too hard for the photojournalistic style. I think the shots of the actual people are much more flattering on the 1st photog''s site.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for your input - it really seems split down the middle which is good in some senses :).

- Price may be a deciding factor as at the momment with the difference in price atm I could buy myself a lovely little GOG sparkly in a beautiful simple leon setting which really could be tempting ;-). Hopefully the more expensive photog is willing to create a custom package which is more within budget but then makes it harder again.

princessplease, So_In_Love, Delster, Clairitek, marlie, parrot tulips, cupcake*muffin, megumic, pocahontas and Travel Goddess thank you so much for taking the time to post why as well. It is interesting to see peoples strong prefrences for one over the other :).

treefrog You bring up a valid point when I linked last night I was tired and didn''t really think of that however I did some more searching and this is the link to the brissie 2nd photog2nd photog brissie link who would be taking out pics if we picked them and video link of the actual photog''s work so that gives some more idea of his style

1st photog is essentially a one man business with a second photog that works for him as well.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if you want suggestions, but have you looked at this lady - link

I liked her boudoir photos - I was thinking about going up there to have them done (I have family in Brisbane) and there weren''t any good boudoir photographers in Adelaide.

Between the other two I liked the second one better also.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion Bobbin - I really like her boudoir shots as well something to think about if I decided to get some shots as a gift done for FI thanks for the suggestion :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results