shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mumbles37

Rough_Rock
It's proposal time. With a tight budget, I'm looking now between two somewhat small diamonds. My question seems simple enough: is it worth the price jump to go from a .4 to a .45 carat diamond? Is the .05 carat difference going to be visible?

Thanks!
Mumbles

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post the proportions of the diamonds?

buttercup

Rough_Rock
i don't think the difference would be that great, but just make sure you don't skimp on cut. a fabulous cut 0.4ct stone will look bigger than a good cut 0.45ct.

mumbles37

Rough_Rock
Well, I went ahead and bought the smaller one. I forgot to mention that the diamonds were nearly identical in quality except that the one I purchased was E color. Here are the specs on the one I bought anyway - without telling you how much I spent, how much do you think I should have payed for it?

-GIA Cert-
Carat weight: 0.41
Cut: Ideal
Color grade: E
Clarity: VVS2
Depth %: 60.8%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 4.86x4.84x2.95 mm
Crown(degrees): 34.2
Pav(degrees): 41.1

:twirl:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
How much? Unbranded...somewhere around $1350?

mumbles37

Rough_Rock
Actually, it was at Blue Nile. It cost me $1593, which compared to the prices here in Japan is a huge steal. Where I'm at the same diamond would go for around 3 to 4 times that amount, so I guess even if I didn't get the best price, I still got a much better price that I would have if I'd have purchased locally. Whew! :twirl:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You did well. :) Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results