shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these Costco rings do you like better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kris30

Rough_Rock
The ering budget has been pushed down to around $2000 so I''m looking at these 2 rings. The color and clarity are very good for the money and cut is good as well. I was thinking of putting all of them money into a solitare with a plain band but I have long medium width fingers and I think I need more on my hand and more sparkle. Which of these do you like better? tia

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11159108&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4017521&Mo=12&pos=2&No=11&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=56575&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11029688&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The answer really is which cut does she prefer, does she like round or princess cut? I prefer round but I am not her.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
That''s really an unfair question,as there are no specs on the rings, particularly cut. You can''t tell a thing by a picture. you need numbers, certs, and etc. humm, will they provide you with the numbers (pavillion, crown, depth,table,culet) on the ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d rather have the round than the princess, but I''d also rather have one larger stone than three smaller ones.

psaddict

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a costco nearby that has these rings available, and you could look at them in person? If not, what is their return policy like? could you order the rings, try them out on your hand and then pick which one you like better? Another option would be to go into a jewelry store in the mall and trying on three stone 1 ctw princess and 1 ctw round rings. I''m sure most stores would have something similar to these that you could try on. I personally would pick the rounds, but you should see what you like the best on your hand!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see any information about cut on the costco website. You might want to buy a beginners ideal scope to bring with you to assess light leakage of the stones. Cut quality is what really makes a diamond sparkle.

Of the two types of rings, I like the ones with rounds the best.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like the rounds better. However, I agree that without specs it would be silly to make a purchase. With that budget I am sure that some of the more informed people on this site could help you pick out something very nice. One big stone would also be my preference over three smaller. You could always get a simple inexpensive setting and upgrade it later.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut quality is sooooo important.

Could you get a similar ring from a PS vendor for a similar price, but with known-well-cut stones?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would think that those diamonds on the side would be out of style after a while, as well as annoying.

sam''s has some amazing certed diamonds for $2000. you have to do your homework, as well as know what bad and good cuts look like before you go. may i recommend renee newman''s diamond ring buying guide before you begin?

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Style wise, I like the rounds better, and they will have more of a visual impact. I do agree that putting the money into a solitaire would be better though. You can always upgrade the setting at a future date.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful. I saw the princess 3 stone at Costco and it is beautiful. Pyramid is correct. You better find out if she likes round brilliant or princess.

kris30

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone. The ring is actually for me and I do love round and princess cuts. My BF is in Ireland until May and wants me to pick out the ring I want over here since its cheaper here. Skippy can you tell me if you liked the band on the 3 stone ring at costco? Did it seem too thick? My local costco doesnt have the ring in the store
7.gif
I am debating on the 3 stone princess or a round solitare but I have long medium width fingers and I think a solitare on a plain band looks small on me unless its a huge rock lol tia

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I love three stone rings. Our budget was very similar to yours so I looked very hard at getting a three stone ring as the biggest bang for our buck.

I'm very doubtful of the costco ring as it's not listing any specs, not even the color and clarity! But I do like the design of the round better.

While most of the pricescope vendors have excellent prices for their diamonds, quite frequently their setting prices suck. At this budget range it's easy for the setting to eat up all the budget unless you go for the most basic 4-6 prong 'tiffany-style' setting. (I hate calling it that as they bear no resemblance to a tiffany)

I made up a ring on blue nile (better setting prices) with a trellis three stone setting since that's my favorite three stone style.
.92 total carat weight, G-H Si1, The center is .45 and an GIA Excellent cut, and the sides are very good cut. $2583

In the end, my fiance and I decided to go with an antique ring as I like the look of old european cut diamonds more than modern round brilliants. (They just look brighter to me in overcast weather and I like the chunkier flashes of sparkle as the facets are bigger) I wanted something different yet still elegant, and I also like that we could get a platinum ring where elsewhere it'd have to be 14k gold. We bought from antiqueengagementrings.com and we're very happy with our e-ring.
A couple of things they currently have:
8423A.jpg

$2,250 .63 carat G VVS2 center Old European Cut diamond in platinum replica of 1930's e-ring.

8311A.jpg

$2100, .41 center diamond, F SI2, original 1930's platinum ring.
They have pretty high turn-over so if you like the idea, but don't see anything right now, you should keep an eye on the site.
5.gif

Good luck with the search!
35.gif

ETA: It might be worthwhile to look around locally. The prices in my town are all geared to rich tourists but I found a three-stone hand-made ring in our budget range. Basically I stopped at a jeweler that mostly does inlaid opal and turquoise work, but they had a small selection of other kinds of engagment rings. (possibly to keep their jewelers happy, I wouldn't want to be stuck doing the same thing all the time!) I figure that because most people wouldn't be looking for something like that when they walked into the store, it was priced much lower than it would elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results