shape
carat
color
clarity

Which new cooking oil should I buy next?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canola oil gets such a bad rap, but I love using it. I think people use olive oil incorrectly most times. I was going to suggest ghee but its not very heart healthy if thats something youre going for lol. But dang delicious! Ive also never tried avocado oil, I think im going to have to try some after the rave reviews here!
Could you use it for fancy (topping/finishing) EVOO and just not use it for cooking?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny I like your pot..:lol: I also have three others in light blue.. :kiss2: They are the best! 548B4BB9-8F44-4E31-9BC8-A7E582EF9197.png

Ahhh.
With that dreamy emerald cut rock :kiss2:, I knew you were a classy lady! :clap:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe balsamic vinegar instead of another oil!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh.
With that dreamy emerald cut rock :kiss2:, I knew you were a classy lady! :clap:

Haha..Thanks!
I won’t even let my husband wash them! The insides still look new and I use them a lot!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha..Thanks!
I won’t even let my husband wash them! The insides still look new and I use them a lot!

Ditto!

... and my big 7.5 qt oval DO is dangerously heavy for hand washing.
With slippery soapy hands it would be easy to drop one or bang it against our enameled cast iron sink. o_O
I know; this belongs in the first-world-problem thread. :lol-2:

Have you ever needed to use a bleach solution to remove tomato stains?

I have a set of 35 yr old Henkels knives my DH is permitted to use ... if he behaves.
He's not even allowed to LOOK AT my high-carbon #2 Hitachi White steel hand-forged Konosukes. :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto!

... and my big 7.5 qt oval DO is dangerously heavy for hand washing.
With slippery soapy hands it would be easy to drop one or bang it against our enameled cast iron sink. o_O
I know; this belongs in the first-world-problem thread. :lol-2:

Have you ever needed to use a bleach solution to remove tomato stains?

I have a set of 35 yr old Henkels knives my DH is permitted to use ... if he behaves.
He's not even allowed to LOOK AT my high-carbon #2 Hitachi White steel hand-forged Konosukes. :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

We have a whole set of knives in our kitchen im not allowed to use :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
i feel a kindred spirit in your hubbie Kenny

Now go buy that avo oil !

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 6in Gustav Emil Ern cook's knife and my Italian-made peppermill that I purchased as house/flat warming presents for my first property are 33yo this year, and they are still going strong.

Cost a fortune in those days when property prices were a lot lower; however, they were well worth the price.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now i would love a.really good quality pepper mill

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results