shape
carat
color
clarity

Which new CAR & why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 2:12:16 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl
I''m on my second Acura. The first was an integra I kept for 7 years, and the (kinda) new ride is an ''05 TSX. Acura hasn''t steered me wrong!
Yea Honda makes a great product. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE those TSX models. My FIL bought one about a year ago (also an 05) and when we were down for Thanksgiving lent it to us so we wouldnt need to rent anything...I was just loving that car and it made me want to steal it...heh. It was hard going back to my little civic.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My husband drives an Acura sedan, and it''s YUMMY. We''ve been exceedingly pleased with it.

Based on our delight with that, I really thought I''d want the Acura MDX and was fixated on it.....until I test-drove it. Then I fell out of love.

I found it very bouncy and "truck-like"....handled more like a pick-up truck. I also felt like many of the controls were placed unintuitively...out of easy reach while driving. The inside layout and the driving experience were huge disappointments.

That''s what prompted me to test drive the Highlander I eventually bought. It was such a different ride - rides like a sedan instead of like an off-road vehicle.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Saturn Vue has a honda accord engine and a honda transmission. Nearly all of the cars these days are "hybrids" of one another. The Ford Freestyle is on a Volvo frame (x70 if I recall correctly).

When hubby was buying ford "fleet" cars from a Ford dealership. I could get the same pricing for a Volvo. I didn''t because it had to be licensed in company name (to get the fleet pricing). But, the deal was there at the Ford dealership. So, it wouldn''t hurt to ask.

As for resale, you have to ask yourself how many miles you put on the car and if you tend to keep them forever. Resale is irrelavent to us as we put too many miles on and keep them forever.

We are in the same position "hunting for a car". It can make your mind numb. I''ve had just about every make of car under the sun. At the end, all have their pros & cons.

One thing to consider about safety, the worst impact (even at low speeds) is a side impact straight on into either passenger or driver''s side. It''s not going to cause the most damage to your whole body; but, will make mush out of your brain. Our next car will have side impact bags.

I''ve heard pros and cons about hybrid electric/gas vehicles. One thing can be somewhat of a consensus - if you drive high speed highways you won''t save as much.

Just some of my exhausted 2cents. I hate cars. I hate car shopping.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 12:14:24 PM
Author: aljdewey
My husband drives an Acura sedan, and it''s YUMMY. We''ve been exceedingly pleased with it.

Based on our delight with that, I really thought I''d want the Acura MDX and was fixated on it.....until I test-drove it. Then I fell out of love.

I found it very bouncy and ''truck-like''....handled more like a pick-up truck. I also felt like many of the controls were placed unintuitively...out of easy reach while driving. The inside layout and the driving experience were huge disappointments.

That''s what prompted me to test drive the Highlander I eventually bought. It was such a different ride - rides like a sedan instead of like an off-road vehicle.
Yeah, with SUV''s some are on a car body & some are on a truck body. The same was true with mini-vans. Not sure about that anymore though.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2006 12:14:24 PM
My husband drives an Acura sedan, and it's YUMMY. We've been exceedingly pleased with it.

Based on our delight with that, I really thought I'd want the Acura MDX and was fixated on it.....until I test-drove it. Then I fell out of love.

I found it very bouncy and 'truck-like'....handled more like a pick-up truck. I also felt like many of the controls were placed unintuitively...out of easy reach while driving. The inside layout and the driving experience were huge disappointments.

That's what prompted me to test drive the Highlander I eventually bought. It was such a different ride - rides like a sedan instead of like an off-road vehicle.

Alj, that was exactly my experience! We've had Honda Accords for years and been very pleased with them, so when we went looking for someting bigger I thought the Honda Pilot would be "the one" - but my experience with it was like yours with the MDX. Very truck-like, etc -

... so I got the Highlander too! Very happy with it - it's like a "tall car", comfy, reliable, etc. Great SUV!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I KNEW you guys would have the scoop!! I'm SO happy I threw this out there ... & very grateful for the advice!!!

ECF8503 & Ajdewey
The Highlander girls! I went to Toyota yesterday and was very impressed with this ride of yours! Sweet & not as big I feared! Good to know they've been reliable & comfie!

I have really been considering the 2yo & 3yo certified used options to get "plusher" but with all the trouble with my current car I crave long, long warranties - like throughout payment length warranties. Maybe I'll have to get over this to get what I really want! My sister is like: If you get a RELIABLE car the warranty doesn't matter so much ... but I'm sunburned. Damn you, Freelander.

moremoremore & Tacori Ering
Mazda/Volvo chickies! No Volvo dealership right around me - which was a prob. with the Land Rover ... also the Ford thing is still stinging me ... but Volvo's are super safe & have great reputations. Food for thought!

Matatora & Mom of Three
Oh you Lexus minxes! What a great story about Mat's friend's "loaner" steal-- 50% off list for a LEXUS! If I could get a deal like that I'd do it in a heartbeat. Awesome that MOT's hasn't needed any repairs in 5 years too. Ammunition for working on the Fiance (who's voting Hybrid & strongly)

Ame
THANKS SO MUCH for all the tips. I did scheduled maint. on the Land Rover (a lotta good it did me!!) My sister loved her Acura so I researched those a bit ... just too high this go round. Interesting that Ajdewey didn't like the ride on the MDX. I don't know too many people who've bought that - unlike the Lexus, that everyone LOVES! Hmmm.

fire&ice
I had no idea Saturn's have Honda Accord engines & transmissions. Wonder what was wrong with the Saturn engine & transmission? AIIGH it IS mind-numbing. I wish it was just a "fun upgrade" or, like, "What do I want!" instead of - bad car, rush to replace! Luckily I have 'til spring -- or the next breakdown YICK!.

littleysser
Right now the RAV4 is my favorite of the "new" choices. My Toyota dealer only had one of the brand new (06/07?) ones on the lot yesterday & said it would be a while til they get a lot more in ... but with the Limited I think I can get leather seats & moonroof & a color I want & the gas mileage is pretty good & it's 4WD. A little more than I want to spend when I pimp it all out deluxxxxxxe but ... now it's #1.
36.gif
Until I test drive the Highlander
31.gif
or befriend an easily-influenced Lexus salesman
11.gif

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
I also have an 05 TSX and love it! It''s not AWD but it handles beautifully in any weather. Plus it''s luxurious and sporty too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an Acura TL which I absolutely love - I could never say enough good things about this car. Will definitely consider another one the next time around!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 3:27:19 PM
Author: decodelighted
I KNEW you guys would have the scoop!! I'm SO happy I threw this out there ... & very grateful for the advice!!!

ECF8503 & Ajdewey
The Highlander girls! I went to Toyota yesterday and was very impressed with this ride of yours! Sweet & not as big I feared! Good to know they've been reliable & comfie!

I have really been considering the 2yo & 3yo certified used options to get 'plusher' but with all the trouble with my current car I crave long, long warranties - like throughout payment length warranties. Maybe I'll have to get over this to get what I really want! My sister is like: If you get a RELIABLE car the warranty doesn't matter so much ... but I'm sunburned. Damn you, Freelander.
Ok, a little more info I learned when car shopping 2 months ago:

Certified Pre-owned doesn't mean a hill of do-do. They do a basic check-up, and agree to extend the warranty. In exchange, they raise the price $2-3K!

Having said that, if you are really hung up on a warranty, you can have it by purchasing an extended warranty on the open market.

When I bought the Highlander, I called AAA, Toyota, and a few others and got pricing for extended warranties, so if that security/peace-of-mind is integral to you, you CAN have it.

Final note: The Lexus 330 and the Highlander are essentially the same car - both Toyota products. Both built on the Camry frame. The Lexus is about 4 inches shorter in cargo area, but they are otherwise pretty much identical EXCEPT FOR: Price. The Lexus costs more because it's considered a luxury vehicle, and it's more expensive to insure. If you care about the ride, go with Highlander. If you care about the label, go with the Lexus. Both are the same ride, and a good one at that.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 7:14:34 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I have an Acura TL which I absolutely love - I could never say enough good things about this car. Will definitely consider another one the next time around!
That''s what my husband drives.....a 2002 Acura TL Type-S....and that car is to DIE for. Absolutely the best handling car I''ve ever ridden in or driven.

I''m not sure we''d feel that way since the 2004 redesign.....but we loved the older style. That''s why I was SO high on trying the Acura SUV product, and that''s why I was so disappointed when I didn''t care for how it handled/layout.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 12:26:44 PM
Author: fire&ice
Saturn Vue has a honda accord engine and a honda transmission.

Not exactly, GM builds Saturns and unless this changed VERY recently, no one uses Honda engines besides Honda. Honda changed transmission types in I believe 2001 model year, and what they changed to has been used by GM, and others, for many years. Ford uses techology from lines it owns on it''s own line however, which is why the Volvo technology and platform is prevelent in Fords.

The OBVIOUS cross-brand clone to me, is the Matrix from Toyota and the Pontaic Vibe. Those ARE pretty much the same car EXCEPT for the engine. Last I checked Toyota doesn''t have engines anywhere but in it''s own cars.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 7:47:42 PM
Author: ame

Date: 1/8/2006 12:26:44 PM
Author: fire&ice
Saturn Vue has a honda accord engine and a honda transmission.

Not exactly, GM builds Saturns and unless this changed VERY recently, no one uses Honda engines besides Honda. Honda changed transmission types in I believe 2001 model year, and what they changed to has been used by GM, and others, for many years.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's incorrect. A simple Google search reveals that F&I is right....Saturn's Vue does use Honda engines and has since their 2004 model. I personally wouldn't define that as "VERY recent" myself.
1.gif

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/suvs/0404_saturn_vue_red_line/:

"Honda enthusiasts also may get a kick out of the Vue's new V-6. For 2004, all V-6 Vues get a 3.5-liter Honda engine, which puts out an impressive 250 horsepower and 242 pound-feet of torque. At last count, General Motors made eight different V-6 engines for the American market; in choosing the Honda V-6, GM seems to be acknowledging the superiority of the Honda powerplant. Is none of GM's own V-6s good enough for the Vue?"

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2004-03-04-red-line_x.htm -

"The best thing about the Saturn Vue is the Honda powertrain: 3.5-liter, 250-horsepower V-6 linked to a five-speed automatic transmission. It's standard on the Red Line, optional on the civilian-grade Vue."

A little history on how/why it happened: In 1999, Saturn's parent company, General Motors Corp., negotiated use of an unidentified V6 in exchange for Honda being able to get diesel engines from GM's affiliate, Isuzu. The Vue's previous V6 came from Opel, a GM brand in Europe.

A little background history from Ward's Auto World August, 2002 issue:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3165/is_2002_August_1/ai_90091372

Saturn Corp. is the only General Motors Corp. unit that will use engines and transmissions supplied by Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Ward's learns. The Saturn Vue will be the sole GM product to use the ultra-low emissions-vehicle-certified 3.5L DOHC V-6, beginning with '04 models. Volumes call for 50,000 units annually for the 5-year life of the contract.............The Saturn decision ends speculation that began in December 1999, when GM and Honda first announced a technology and component-sharing agreement whereby Honda would supply V-6s and transmissions to GM.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Al, thanks for the history on the vue/honda engine. We heard it straight from a mechanic. The Vue would be perfect for us - I wish it was a little more heavy duty in the body. But, it's one of the few cars that passed the 2 dog crate in the back test.
1.gif
You can't beat the price & would leave money on the table for future sparklies.

Anyone have a Vue?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This is a review from edmunds.com which is like the car version of Pricescope. Vue

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I like the edmunds.com website & also http://autos.msn.com/. Im trying to get my husband to trade in his Infiniti g35 coupe for the Infiniti M35 but he won''t budge just yet. I can''t wait until he tries to put the baby''s carseat in his backseat............
2.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I had a 2004 Saturn Vue...and traded it in for a 2004 Honda CRV within a year. I originally traded in a 7 year old Saturn SL2 for the Vue so I was a die-hard Saturn fan. But I did not like the Vue. It seemed to handle "loosely". Sometimes it felt like I was "drifting" across the pavement. It did not handle well in snow which really puzzled me considering it was the 4WD. Maybe they are improved for the 2006 year, but I would definitely pick Honda CRV over the Vue. Besides, Hondas hold their value better.

On the aftermarket leather & heated seats. I looked around until I found a dealer who had an established relationship with the aftermarket installers. They had been doing it for years for Honda cars. I''ve had my CRV for almost 2 years now and the heated leather seats still look like new and work like a dream.

Don''t be afraid to go out of town for your car...even if you have to drive 50 miles, you might find what you really want or get a better deal. I did my internet search for my car to over 200 miles..then printed all the quotes and took them to dealers within my 50 mile driving range. It''s amazing the bargaining power you have when you have lower quotes from other places!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 3:46:42 PM
Author: IslandDreams
I had a 2004 Saturn Vue...and traded it in for a 2004 Honda CRV within a year. I originally traded in a 7 year old Saturn SL2 for the Vue so I was a die-hard Saturn fan. But I did not like the Vue. It seemed to handle 'loosely'. Sometimes it felt like I was 'drifting' across the pavement. It did not handle well in snow which really puzzled me considering it was the 4WD. Maybe they are improved for the 2006 year, but I would definitely pick Honda CRV over the Vue. Besides, Hondas hold their value better.

On the aftermarket leather & heated seats. I looked around until I found a dealer who had an established relationship with the aftermarket installers. They had been doing it for years for Honda cars. I've had my CRV for almost 2 years now and the heated leather seats still look like new and work like a dream.

Don't be afraid to go out of town for your car...even if you have to drive 50 miles, you might find what you really want or get a better deal. I did my internet search for my car to over 200 miles..then printed all the quotes and took them to dealers within my 50 mile driving range. It's amazing the bargaining power you have when you have lower quotes from other places!
How much more expensive is the CRV? I'm asssuming that is an SUV? Truth be, neither of us have driven an SUV. We would get another station wagon in a heartbeat - but only two will fit 2 dog crates & we don't like either. Hubby drove the Vue. He did mention that it wasn't as tight as our wagons - but we expected that with an SUV. We aren't concerned with resale. We kill our cars and this one will be part of a fleet. Fleet pricing limited to GM or Ford. But, he can opt to go outside of that - not as PC though.

Editted to add - I thought the Vue was all wheel drive & not four wheel. I have been told that all wheel cars don't handle as well as the option to decide when to put in 4wheel.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 3:46:42 PM
Author: IslandDreams

On the aftermarket leather & heated seats. I looked around until I found a dealer who had an established relationship with the aftermarket installers. They had been doing it for years for Honda cars. I''ve had my CRV for almost 2 years now and the heated leather seats still look like new and work like a dream.

Actually, depending on her timeline, it may be a non-issue.

The 2006 Toyota RAV4 will now offer a "limited" model in both 4- and 6-cylinder.....and options of leather/heated seats/moonroof are available.

Sigh*.......2 months too late for me. I considered going to a smaller SUV, but none of them offered leather/heated seats and that was a must-have for me. But then again, I wouldn''t sacrifice my Highlander now that I have it. lol

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 7:14:59 PM
The 2006 Toyota RAV4 will now offer a ''limited'' model in both 4- and 6-cylinder.....and options of leather/heated seats/moonroof are available.

I KNOW!!! I''ve double checked it like 5x cause I couldn''t believe my eyes!! That''s why the RAV4 *leaped* to the top of my list!!! The options ain''t cheap though ... so 2-3 year old Highlanders are under consideration as well. I''m so glad you & others love theirs. I thought it was AWESOME, but if I go "new" it''s pricier than I think I can comfortably swing.

Has anyone else noticed that the new RAV4 kinda *looks* like the Lexus 330 too!!!! If I could somehow get the best of all worlds without the designer price tag - BRING IT ON! (still not sure if I CAN get it .. but maybe!!)

I''m such a sap too ... the new RAV4 is offered in this pretty light green color that''s 100% the color of my fiance''s eyes. Awww. Vomit. Did I mention I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 8:16:04 PM

The 2006 Toyota RAV4 will now offer a 'limited' model in both 4- and 6-cylinder.....and options of leather/heated seats/moonroof are available.

I KNOW!!! I've double checked it like 5x cause I couldn't believe my eyes!! That's why the RAV4 *leaped* to the top of my list!!! The options ain't cheap though ... so 2-3 year old Highlanders are under consideration as well. I'm so glad you & others love theirs. I thought it was AWESOME, but if I go 'new' it's pricier than I think I can comfortably swing.

Yeah, and that's why I'm not *truly* disappointed. With the options added on, the RAV limited will be around $27k....more than I wanted to spend at the time.

Comparatively, I bought a 2002 Highlander. It was just over 3 years old (just past bumper-to-bumper warranty, but still good for 2 more years on the powertrain), but it only has 26K miles on it. An elderly couple on the South Shore of Long Island owned it. New, this car runs $37K.......SLIGHTLY used, I paid $21K. WOO-HOO. Can't beat that.

Check the 2nd tier dealers....the ones who buy out end-of-lease vehicles.

Heheheh - here's an example of what you can find:

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/ld/detail.jhtml?paId=185952864&aff=national&src=&cid= warranty!

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/ld/detail.jhtml?paId=185148450&aff=national&src=&cid= LOW mileage

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
In Feb 2004, I paid about $22K for my Honda CRV with the leather & heated seats installed + some optional stuff like the rubber tray for the cargo area (very useful) and rubber floor mats (perfect in my snowy/muddy climate), cargo cover etc.. I bought the top of the line CRV at the time...I have the sun roof, 6 changer CD, antilock brakes, etc. The CRV is a tall Civic...it is built on the Civic platform. The Vue was running about $6K less when I bought it. I took a hit to get rid of it since I bought it new too. The Honda CRV is much tighter in handling as well as the rattling in the passenger compartment. There is really no comparison. Both the CRV & the VUE at the time were 2 wheel drive unless the car "sensed" that you needed to kick into a 4-wheel drive. This is part of what helps on the gas mileage.

I liked the Toyota Rav-4 too. I drove both, but picked the Honda because it was slightly bigger at the time, but I think that may have changed now. The new Rav-4 models with the deluxe options look sweet. Highlander is great too, but more expensive. I won''t even sit in a Lexus because I''m afraid I might like it :)

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2006 3:27:19 PM

ECF8503 & Ajdewey

The Highlander girls! I went to Toyota yesterday and was very impressed with this ride of yours! Sweet & not as big I feared! Good to know they''ve been reliable & comfie!

I have really been considering the 2yo & 3yo certified used options to get ''plusher'' but with all the trouble with my current car I crave long, long warranties - like throughout payment length warranties. Maybe I''ll have to get over this to get what I really want! My sister is like: If you get a RELIABLE car the warranty doesn''t matter so much ... but I''m sunburned. Damn you, Freelander.

Right now the RAV4 is my favorite of the ''new'' choices. My Toyota dealer only had one of the brand new (06/07?) ones on the lot yesterday & said it would be a while til they get a lot more in ... but with the Limited I think I can get leather seats & moonroof & a color I want & the gas mileage is pretty good & it''s 4WD. A little more than I want to spend when I pimp it all out deluxxxxxxe but ... now it''s #1.
36.gif
Until I test drive the Highlander
31.gif
or befriend an easily-influenced Lexus salesman
11.gif

Glad you are liking the Toyotas so far - I do love my Highlander. We also thought about the possibility of a used one - but, Toyotas and Hondas hold their value so well (great if you already have one) that the price of a used is often so close to a new it''s scary (bad if you are looking to buy a used one). So we went new -

I would not hesitate to get a used one if the price was right though. They are very reliable cars, and often traded in for newer models just because the lease ran out, the owner wanted a new one, etc - very often absolutely nothing wrong with them. You can find used ones at dealers who sold the car to start with, performed all the routine maintenance along the way, and therefore have the entire service history right there for you - that may be worth asking about.

My hubby works for one of the Big 3, yet we would never own one of their cars (he even gets an employee discount) - it''s a risk we aren''t willing to take, as domestic cars are often built to be "disposable" - drive them for a year or 2 until the next round of incentives comes out (they practically give these things away - no wonder the Big 3 are all in financial dumps!). I don''t want to have my vehicle in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance (which is very important, and I can''t understand why people often don''t do these inexpensive treatments / inspections as recommended... but I digress.
2.gif
).

As far as purchasing, we did it a different way - we drove things, decided what we wanted, then sent out faxes to all the Toyota dealers asking for their lowest bid for the specific car and options we wanted - we assured them we were serious buyers that would take delivery by the end of the month (it was a few days prior to that; dealers have to make monthly quotas, so often this is a good time to secure the deal). We had a few replies, most didn''t. But the deal we got was fantastic - other dealers have since said they don''t know how this dealer got away with selling it that "cheap". This dealer replied to our fax with a flat out "I never lose bids like this - I always make the sale by offering the best price".

So good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 9:36:27 AM
Author: ecf8503

Glad you are liking the Toyotas so far - I do love my Highlander. We also thought about the possibility of a used one - but, Toyotas and Hondas hold their value so well (great if you already have one) that the price of a used is often so close to a new it's scary (bad if you are looking to buy a used one). So we went new -
I dunno - MSRP on my loaded, Limited Highlander was around $35.5K....realistic sell price was about $33.5K, I bought it slightly used for $21K. That's more than $12K (a third of the price!) off by going slightly used and staying away from the "certified pre-owned" trap.

I'm not saying that route is the right one for everyone.....but there are significant savings to be had for budget shoppers.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2006 3:10:24 PM
Date: 1/10/2006 9:36:27 AM

Author: ecf8503

Glad you are liking the Toyotas so far - I do love my Highlander. We also thought about the possibility of a used one - but, Toyotas and Hondas hold their value so well (great if you already have one) that the price of a used is often so close to a new it''s scary (bad if you are looking to buy a used one). So we went new -

I dunno - MSRP on my loaded, Limited Highlander was around $35.5K....realistic sell price was about $33.5K, I bought it slightly used for $21K. That''s more than $12K (a third of the price!) off by going slightly used and staying away from the ''certified pre-owned'' trap.

I''m not saying that route is the right one for everyone.....but there are significant savings to be had for budget shoppers.

Wow, Alj - great deal! Congrats -

I love my Limited, too...
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Islanddreams - thanks for your candid comments on the Vue. I loved the exterior, price & roominess. Hubby had only taken a small test drive w/o me. We went back to revist and take a longer test drive. I couldn''t wait to get out of the car and kiss the ground. It''s off the list. The CR honda is too sporty for what we need.

So, back to square one. We went to look at the highlander. The dog crates will not fit because the back seats have cupish holders on each side. Didn''t like the minivan. Anything larger will not do.

Personally, I would like another Dodge Caravan - the stoy a way seats are exactly what we need. But, hubby has "issues" with driving a mini-van. That surprised me - he''s not like that.

Anyhoo - the freestyle isn''t my love. We are settling into the Nissan Murano. It''s perfect size, handles well & has what we want. Anyone own one?

Man, do I hate this.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 8:16:04 PM
The 2006 Toyota RAV4 will now offer a 'limited' model in both 4- and 6-cylinder.....and options of leather/heated seats/moonroof are available.
I KNOW!!! I've double checked it like 5x cause I couldn't believe my eyes!! That's why the RAV4 *leaped* to the top of my list!!! I'm such a sap too ... the new RAV4 is offered in this pretty light green color that's 100% the color of my fiance's eyes. Awww. Vomit. Did I mention I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
UPDATE
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Big Holiday Weekend at Chez Deco/Decosbeau! In addition to getting Sparkly 2.0 back from "the shop" ... it's possible we've traded in the big ol' LEMON PIE that is the
29.gif
14.gif
2002 LAND ROVER FREELANDER
14.gif
29.gif
(that left us stranded many times, including once nine hours from home over the X-mas holidays, and that we subsequently found out has such major engine problems the company suspended production of all Freelanders for a year).

And it's equally possible that this sweet, muchos pimped and subtly-green-tinted, nine-month old Certified Used Toyota 2005 RAV4 with less than 9,000 miles on it followed us home. Boasting the much-craved mocha leather interior, moonroof, heated seats and windshield/mirror etc, side curtain airbags *and* 4WD -- its Northeast Winterrrific.

It's funny ... for MONTHS I haven't been able to get the 2006 RAV4 out of my mind ... and after a long, long day of used car shopping
38.gif
we really only went to the Toyota dealership to DE-MYSTIFY & DEBUNK my adoration for that car with cold, unglamorous reality. Could have worked -- except that the moment I stepped onto the lot a slightly-smaller 2005 version of my "dream car" caught me in its unbreakable tractor beam. USED car price, pimped, with 8,800 miles on it? Bought last July? Traded in for the "new model" -- whose best selling point seems to be "its bigger" -- which I don't even WANT/NEED? The rest is pretty much a blur. Flashbacks include: secret glances at the improved sparkly, a test drive, and feverish negotiations which compelled my sweet fiance to make the "big cahoo-nes" hand gesture beneath the table TWICE (who ME?
27.gif
) ...cut to this morning - waking up - and its in the driveway.
3.gif

Should I not pass go, not collect $200 & head straight to buyer's remorse -- OR -- relax & enjoy the "non-ticking-timebomb/rotting-from-the-inside" shimmering new wheels?
33.gif

decoravfront.jpg

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Deco...

I should forward your post to my friends, who have a 2002 Landrover that lives in the shop! They basically just get visitation rights!

Loving
30.gif
your new cute ride!! That''s the car my Mom wants! Bet it''s easy to park and pretty good on gas?

Envious me...I had two people box me in today and I had to do a 83 point turn, and a lot of cussing to get my big ole quadcab pickup out of the parking lot...plus it took me a quarter of a tank of gas to do it! Other than parking and the gas thing...I do love my Ram with the Hemi and we''re stuck having to have a pick-up with all the motorcyles! Plus it seats 6 adults comfortably...and the back seat flips up for storage!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 2:03:15 AM
Author: tawn
I should forward your post to my friends, who have a 2002 Landrover that lives in the shop! They basically just get visitation rights!
LOL!! What a piece of &*$##@ that car is! Shame too, 'cause it's really cute & nice inside & stuff. I miss everything about it except - you know- the mechanical part
3.gif
.. and the black wooly interior that seemed to hang onto EVERY white hair from my family of five white-bellied animals!
14.gif
23.gif

Sorry to hear the VIRUS has spread to your friends! I'd advise them to trade it in on something before the "LEMON" talk re: Freelanders gets too much more widespread. That's one of the reasons we didn't just let it sit in the driveway, paperweight-style.

Is your Mom gonna go for the RAV?? 05 or the uberpimped, redesigned 06's??

Paging LYSSER ... what year is your RAV??? Do you still love it??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 7:19:58 PM
Certified Pre-owned doesn''t mean a hill of do-do. They do a basic check-up, and agree to extend the warranty. In exchange, they raise the price $2-3K!
3.gif
Oh how I fear Alj''s judgement on this front!
3.gif
23.gif
As my shimmering new baby is quite Certified. Listen: I LOVED it. I may have even ponied up for the extended, extended warranty like the battle/Freelander-scarred soul I am.
12.gif

Will you go easy on me if I tell ya that one of my best friends is now in love with the Highlander after I told her about all the raves here about it! I think it''s pretty sah-weet too (new, used, hybrid - all of ''em). And the PERFECT size for "she of two car-seats" -- expecting her 2nd widdleone in August!
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deco
don''t mess around with a hybrid,most people won''t save enough on gas money to cover the higher price. don''t forget when its time to replace the battery pack...more money.
6.gif

Hybrids are just a BIG HYPE FOR THE BIRDS !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results