Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring 1

IMG_20190924_160234.jpg
Ring 2
IMG_20190924_160257.jpg
Both together
IMG_20190924_160906.jpg

I received my new jade cab ring today and it costs 1/4 the price of the initial one I bought. I love both very much but can't help wonder at the price discepancy. It's been a learning curve with jade for sure.

So for a bit of fun I thought I'd ask PSers which ring they prefer.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smaller one for its colour and setting.

DK :))

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I like both for different reasons. The smaller one for it's color, larger for it's setting...can you combine the two lol?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both for different reasons. The smaller one for it's color, larger for it's setting...can you combine the two lol?

Haha I'm in love with the setting too. I went all out and it was still an excellent price!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I'm in love with the setting too. I went all out and it was still an excellent price!

I love how it pairs w/the green! I also like the bigger one for it's proportions more; I think the smaller one is almost a little overwhelming on your second figure, albeit that's up to personal preference (coming from someone who feels uncomfortable w/2ct+)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the big one
not because its biggest
they are both lovelly and are well proportioned
but i love the colour and the gold detail :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The smaller one for the color. Looks like better water too?

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one best but agree with others that the colour on the second one is better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First one because of proportions and setting. Second one for color. I vote to get both. Both of them are just gorgeous IMO for different reasons. Variety is the spice of life after all...:love:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe thanks ladies! @missy I bought both already! Because I paid 4 times for the smaller one I was kinda curious to see if it was better in anyone's eyes! :lol:

@icy_jade they both have great texture but the first is like wet jelly in real life.

@Lilith112 Once upon a time I wore dainty little rings until I made a friend on PS who has slowly convinced me that I can never go too big so now I am wearing things the size of my head :mrgreen:

@Daisys and Diamonds I wish you could see it in real life! It is like a smooth pebble. Or blob of jelly! The texture is to die for! I don't think I can afford it if it was a richer darker green.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe thanks ladies! @missy I bought both already! Because I paid 4 times for the smaller one I was kinda curious to see if it was better in anyone's eyes! :lol:

Sweet! Yes the second stone was a more gorgeous color quality stone but that second stone/ring is gorgeous too! So happy you have both in your possession. Wear in good health and blingy colored happiness!:appl:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The smaller one is lovely. The bigger one is nice, but next to the smaller one it just isn't nearly as breath taking.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The small one is to die for!

The big one is very, very nice but it would have cost an arm and a leg in the color and texture of the small one. It's still a fabulous deal.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Both are gorgeous. If the smaller one is type A, I can see why it’s more expensive. :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
The color on the small one is more appealing. I'm afraid of wearing large stones because I've discovered that my fingers are very sensitive to the weight I have on them. Even a larger amethyst in silver the other day, I felt like I had to take it off to make typing feel more comfortable.

P.S. I'm sorry, I used up my vacation days this year to go to a wedding and a sporting event. Won't be going to Australia until next year.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like both. But I prefer the proportion of the small oval

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe I just realised that's a terrible pic of the two together! Here is a better one without the weird colours!

IMG_20190924_160508.jpg
I know very little about jade, but from this photo, the smaller one appears to have better color. I like the setting on the larger one though. I think the smaller one deserves a more blingy setting, but that’s just me:confused2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I am both. The EVERYTHING. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The smaller one definitely! For the colour.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

@icy_jade they both have great texture but the first is like wet jelly in real life.

@Lilith112 Once upon a time I wore dainty little rings until I made a friend on PS who has slowly convinced me that I can never go too big so now I am wearing things the size of my head :mrgreen:

@Daisys and Diamonds I wish you could see it in real life! It is like a smooth pebble. Or blob of jelly! The texture is to die for! I don't think I can afford it if it was a richer darker green.
hehe I just realised that's a terrible pic of the two together! Here is a better one without the weird colours!

IMG_20190924_160508.jpg
i don't know anything about jadw (well anything actually :whistle:) except we have greenstone/ pounamu here in New Zealand which is quite a hard durable jade and when you see the really beautiful old pieces on Maori elders (not the cheap junk in tourist shops) it tends to be dark green
when i was a kid my neighbour had the most beautiful long pendant

is lighter jade more desirable out there in the world ?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
On a side by side I’m more drawn to the smaller cab. It’s a brighter green and I like the shape more too. Seems to make your complexion look better?

@Daisys and Diamonds Personal preferences varies but market ideal is Imperial jadeite. Having seen some imperial jadeite rings irl, it’s killed off my yearning for a green jadeite ring as I can’t afford imperial jadeite and any lesser green on my finger probably won’t satisfy me. But that’s just me :P2

Yang green is quite popular too. Some people like apple green etc. But imperial green... amazing irl.

I think these are imperial jadeite. Not my photos.
EA0136CF-C1A2-406F-974A-4EB9B887E0FE.jpeg A1734F16-551F-4752-9E31-2F2147F0A67A.jpeg 1741F2A7-5730-4D77-9511-84425A103AC8.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
On a side by side I’m more drawn to the smaller cab. It’s a brighter green and I like the shape more too. Seems to make your complexion look better?

@Daisys and Diamonds Personal preferences varies but market ideal is Imperial jadeite. Having seen some imperial jadeite rings irl, it’s killed off my yearning for a green jadeite ring as I can’t afford imperial jadeite and any lesser green on my finger probably won’t satisfy me. But that’s just me :P2

Yang green is quite popular too. Some people like apple green etc. But imperial green... amazing irl.

I think these are imperial jadeite. Not my photos.
EA0136CF-C1A2-406F-974A-4EB9B887E0FE.jpeg A1734F16-551F-4752-9E31-2F2147F0A67A.jpeg 1741F2A7-5730-4D77-9511-84425A103AC8.jpeg
oh my goodness ! beautiful !
very high end !

i can't find anything that looks remotely like what my neighbour wore - it was most likelly a family piece- all i can find is gross mass produced touristy stuff
but it had the most amazing luster

i found this picture of some greenstone gifted to the Queen and im thinking they would only giver her the very best quality stone. my neighbour's pendant was shinny
this brooch is not nearly as shinny but its the colour im trying to highlight
i must say i like how the back of the brooch looks just like a real silver fern (but gold)
Queen's+Brooch.jpg

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190925110900218_COVER.jpg

20190828_110532.jpg

For colour comparisons

The smaller one's color is amaaaaazing, I love! I eould personally go for that one imo.

RE: large gens, maybe I'll get there! I am a jewelry novice- my sapphire ring's the first pieve of jewelry I ever purchased lol.

(Also psst more pad pretties are coming up :P2)

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I love the setting and shape of the big one, but love the color of the small one.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_20190924_160508.jpg

I dont know much about Jade but the smaller one has a gorgeous tone and the diamond halo sets it off!:love: yum!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results