shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is better for your teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I am wondering what to drink with food if I am choosing not to drink wine. I prefer something with flavor when eating so I don''t want water. I do not like to drink soda so from a dentists point of view what is better. Tea or juice?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Juice has a ton of sugar so I''m guessing tea would be best.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
juice has sugar but tea stains....I would say water
2.gif
You can get flavored water. I know my DH loves it. The packets are small and easy enough to carry.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I used to work in a dental office. The other posters are right, water would be best as tea stains and juice has tons of sugar. You could drink either through a straw to eliminate the staining (as it doesn''t touch the front of the teeth) or you could drink the juice and then after dinner drink water to rinse the sugar away or brush your teeth. Or try sparkling lemon water or other flavored waters like Tacori suggested! I love Perrier
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d say that even though tea stains HEALTH wise it is much better for you. Juice is just empty sugar calories-the worst kind. You can drink tea and just brush well soon after as well which will help with staining.

What about flavored seltzer? No sugar, just carbonated water and a bit of flavor? That''s what I usually drink when I want something besides water.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tea if you don''t use sugar, no lemon water, high in acid. Juice is ok if you swish with water after you eat. Health wise tea is better all around. (I assume you mean real tea, not the jarred stuff like Lipton?)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
How bout some low fat milk or soy milk?

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing with lemon for daily drinking. I spent over $400 on repairing my sons teeth because of enamel wear. I thought watered down lemonade with lots of ice would be an ok drink for him but the damage it did was horrible. I figured anything was better than pop but um, no.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results