shape
carat
color
clarity

Which flutes would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
For some reason I can''t make up my mind which flutes to use for our toast, here are the ones I like best:

Swarovski

Tiffany''s

Vera Wang Duchesse Saucers

The Swarovski are beautiful, but I worry maybe a bit much

The Tiffany ones are classic, something I could use forever, but maybe too simple

I love how fun the Vera Wang ones are, very Marie Antoinette

There''s something I love about each of them but I just can''t decide, which set would you pick and why?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2009 4:38:03 PM
Author:purselover
For some reason I can''t make up my mind which flutes to use for our toast, here are the ones I like best:

Swarovski

Tiffany''s

The Tiffany ones are classic, something I could use forever, but maybe too simple

There''s something I love about each of them but I just can''t decide, which set would you pick and why?
I can''t get the Swarovski or Vera Wang to open. Macy''s is having server problems.

The Reidel from Tiffany''s is classic. They are nice but I personally find them to be very plain.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I would pick the Swarovski because I love the glitters in the stem. I have always thought that they were "cool".

Riedel crystal is great [I am a wine collector] but I would never buy it at Tiffany. You can get the same glasses here, for $61.95, for instance. If you get these, you might want to dress them up with some ribbons and/or flowers on the stems.

The Wangs are OK but don't excite me very much.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Duchesse is my crystal!!! I love it, it''s so elegant and simple!
30.gif

But I got the toasting flutes, I''m not even sure I saw the saucers when registering! I love toasting flutes.. in fact, we registered for 12, and skipped the normal flutes.

To that end, I think the Svarovski''s are way overpriced, and so is the Tiffany Reidel... as was mentioned, you can get Reidel many other places for less money. So even though they''re not my style, my vote is for the Duchesse. :)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the Vera Wang Duchesse Saucers!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 4:38:03 PM
Author:purselover

Swarovski

Tiffany''s

they are all lovely; i see why you''re having a hard time choosing. the swarovski''s are my fav but very pricey. i would probably end up going w/the vera wang''s b/c they are beautiful but won''t break the bank!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Swarovski! To be honest, I usually don''t like Swarovski but these glasses are elegant with just enough sparkle/bling to make them special!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the Swarovski because they are amazing!!!!!!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I got the links to open on a different computer.

The Swaravski is amazing. Simple with a touch of sparkle. Elegant but not overdone.

The Vera Wang Saucers are nice too. They are simple and elegant looking. I don''t think they have the same "wow" the swaravski has, but are still nice with a simple pattern.

Reidel is nice. It is a classic piece but I find it a bit plain.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
def. vera wang! no question for me :)

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The Swarovski flutes look great!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I love the Veras! The saucer is a really different idea for a toasting glass--99% of the time I see flutes!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t really go wrong with any of them. They''re all lovely.

I love the sparkly Swarovski ones. They''re not really a day-to-day glass, but I would certainly bust them out for anniversaries and New Year''s Eve!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I have the Duchesse Saucers. I love them!! My wedding was Marie Antoinette themed.
1.gif

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I LOVE the swarovski!! They may be a bit glam, but hey its your wedding day and it should be fabulous!
9.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 7:01:15 PM
Author: MonkeyPants
Swarovski! To be honest, I usually don''t like Swarovski but these glasses are elegant with just enough sparkle/bling to make them special!
I agree with Monkey!
(They are pricey imo)
But if you had them in a curio and I was at your house for a dinner party or something and spotted them, I would guess automatically that they were your "wedding flutes".

The other two seem a little too simple.

Plus, imagine them in pictures!
30.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I would pick Vera Wang.

Second choice would be Swarovski.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I would definately choose the swarovski flutes, they are gorgeous!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback, I loved hearing what everyone liked best!

Well I discussed it over again with FI last night and he admitted he hates the Swarovski ones (he thinks they''re too gaudy
6.gif
), but if I want them that''s fine. I really want him to like our flutes though so I think they''re out of the running.

He really loved the Tiffany ones, but now I''m thinking we should get them from somewhere else, the link DiamanteBlu provided was great, thanks! I''m definitely leaning towards the Vera Wangs, I''m glad other people liked them I was afraid they wouldn''t be wedding-y enough if that makes sense, since they were less traditional. Honestly at this point I think we''re going to get 2 of the Vera Wangs and 2 of the Reidels, I figure it''s still way less than the Swarovski and I won''t have to make up my mind!

Thanks again for all your feedback!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i like the swarovki''s best. if you''re not looking to spend soooooooo much on toasting flutes (i never could spend that kind of money on something that won''t be used that often) my suggestion would be to look on ebay or in antique shops. my mom got BEAUTIFUL flutes for $15 at a store near me that are crystal- and i love that they are unique!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I''m practical and more classic. I''d go with the Riedel...plus, you won''t have to worry about being super careful since they''re designed to withstand a bit of abuse. But, I wouldn''t get them from Tif''s. Again...the practical part of my speaking...just to save a few bucks!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Swarovski!!!!!!!!! Love the sparklies!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
this is an easy choice for me since i posted about it before:

SWAROVSKI!!!!

i love, love their crystalline toasting flutes! But like you, it is very expensive so I looked for an alternative. I searched online and found out that Lenox used to make ones similar to the swarovski flutes. They called it Lenox Jubilee Crystal but pulled it off the market bec swarovski sued them for copying the design. BUTTTT if you are patient (like me), just search around on the net and you can find it at more than half the cost of the swarovski flutes! Don''t get me wrong, the swarovski is better looking but the jubilee looks the same and the only difference i noticed was the weight (swarovski is heavier) and the base (swarovski base has a faceted design).

You might also want to check out this post about PSer''s toasting flutes:Ladies, SHOW ME YOUR TOASTING FLUTES! . You might find THE toasting flute.
2.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 9:03:17 AM
Author: purselover
Thanks for all the feedback, I loved hearing what everyone liked best!

Well I discussed it over again with FI last night and he admitted he hates the Swarovski ones (he thinks they''re too gaudy
6.gif
), but if I want them that''s fine. I really want him to like our flutes though so I think they''re out of the running.

He really loved the Tiffany ones, but now I''m thinking we should get them from somewhere else, the link DiamanteBlu provided was great, thanks! I''m definitely leaning towards the Vera Wangs, I''m glad other people liked them I was afraid they wouldn''t be wedding-y enough if that makes sense, since they were less traditional. Honestly at this point I think we''re going to get 2 of the Vera Wangs and 2 of the Reidels, I figure it''s still way less than the Swarovski and I won''t have to make up my mind!

Thanks again for all your feedback!
I''ve been lurking on this thread b/c I''ve been too lazy to post, but I feel so strongly about the Swarovski flutes that I got my lazy fingers in gear. Have you ever seen them in person? Pictures really don''t do them justice. They are just so exquisite. They''re expensive and overpriced but also sooooooooooooooo worth it! If you have a Macy''s card, you can use your 20% off coupon. I put them on our registry not expecting anyone to purchase them (I just wantted the 10% fulfillment discount), but someone did! I loved them so much that I purchased the martini glasses, and I don''t drink martinis.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
You girls are killing me, now I''m back to thinking about the Swarovski!

Brightlight yes I have seen them in person and they are beautiful, and Macy''s has a 20% off coupon for this weekend which is why I''m struggling to try to make this decision asap. I guess I''ll just have to check them out in person again this weekend and compare them all face to face.

thanks for all your opinions!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 3:15:02 PM

Brightlight yes I have seen them in person and they are beautiful, and Macy''s has a 20% off coupon for this weekend which is why I''m struggling to try to make this decision asap. I guess I''ll just have to check them out in person again this weekend and compare them all face to face.

get them. get them. That''s me whispering in your ear.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 3:22:11 PM
Author: brightlight

get them. get them. That''s me whispering in your ear.
lol, they are pretty special aren''t they?

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 3:29:54 PM

Date: 9/18/2009 3:22:11 PM
Author: brightlight

You girls are killing me, now I'm back to thinking about the Swarovski!

Brightlight yes I have seen them in person and they are beautiful, and Macy's has a 20% off coupon for this weekend which is why I'm struggling to try to make this decision asap. I guess I'll just have to check them out in person again this weekend and compare them all face to face.

get them. get them. That's me whispering in your ear.
lol, they are pretty special aren't they?
Yes!!!!!!! Just imagine how fabulous they'll look in your hand. You can always return them if you change your mind, but at least you'll get your discount.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results