shape
carat
color
clarity

Which finger for RHR?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
O.k. I need opinions. I just bought a pink tourmaline ring and had it sized to a 6 to wear on my middle finger. Now, I am thinking that I should have had it sized to my ring finger (size 4.5). I know I can do anything, but what do most people do for their right hand ring... do you wear it on your ring finger? Does it look strange to wear it on the middle finger? Opinions, please!

I am always so indecisive. LOL!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think anything goes, but personally I prefer the look of solitaire type rings on the ring finger. In fact I wear all my right hand rings on that finger, but I do like the way that wider band rings look worn on the middle finger and of course small ones on the pinky.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I wear a three stone ring, a sapphire with diamonds, on my middle finger and a diamond band on my ring finger. Now that I''ve finished my upgrade, I want to have the RHR''s reset
6.gif
I must not think this way...my jewelry budget is empty
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do both. My middle finger on my right hand is a size 6 and my ring finger a size 5. I have some rings sized a five that I wear on my ring finger and if at the time I don''t feel like having it sized I will just wear the ring on my middle finger as most rings are sized 6. I do have to agree though, that most of the rings I wear on my middle finger are more band style rings and not so much solitaire style. Those go on my ring finger. LOL,
19.gif
did that make any sense at all?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my RHR''s on my ring finger.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the RHR is fairly big, sometimes I prefer the ring finger. But I think they look really good on the middle finger as well, and have seen many women do this.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a five stone diamond RHR and I wear it on my middle finger because it looks better there than on my ring finger. I was originally going to wear it on my ring finger but the top of the ring where the diamonds are fit the width of my middle finger and went too far across my ring finger, if that makes sense.

But I also think solitaire type rings look best on the ring finger.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like rhr to be on other than "ring finger"s... I like index fingers too... not big on having more than one finger at a time, with a few exceptions. But as for *which* finger? I think middle is great!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:33:39 PM
Author: Catmom
I do both. My middle finger on my right hand is a size 6 and my ring finger a size 5. I have some rings sized a five that I wear on my ring finger and if at the time I don''t feel like having it sized I will just wear the ring on my middle finger as most rings are sized 6. I do have to agree though, that most of the rings I wear on my middle finger are more band style rings and not so much solitaire style. Those go on my ring finger. LOL,
19.gif
did that make any sense at all?
I couldn''t put my finger on it but what you describe is my thinking as well EXCEPT when the stone is set in one of those dome bezel set type rings with a lot of metal.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
It would probably help if I showed you the ring I am talking about. For the picture, it is on my left had, but I will wear in on my right hand. I had to operate the camera with my right hand. LOL!

What finger should I wear this ring on?

Pink jewelry 001a.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My vote would be to wear it on your ring finger. Beautiful ring, by the way. I love color!!!
25.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, and another vote for the ring finger!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely wear it on your ring finger. Gorgeous color in that stone!

I have a set of three thin bands that I wear on my ring finger as my RHR.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!! For me that would be a ring finger ring.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Well I knew I could count on this group for your honest opinions which I value very much. I just didn''t want to have to part with the ring since it is new. But, I will for a week and have it sized to a 4.5. It has a think shank underneath and I find that I need to have them sized smaller than my wider rings. I can wear a size 5 in wider rings on RH ring finger.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results