shape
carat
color
clarity

Which expo should I go to?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you who have been to expos, how do you tell if they''ll be good? CAN you tell? Or are they all the same, anyway?

These two are up the same weekend my mom is coming to visit:

Bride Fest (can''t find ticket info?)
Here Come the Brides ($9 admission)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I went to two here in London,

The Designer Wedding Show - £15

The National Wedding Show - £20

The first was incredible, I loved all the dresses and the vendors were so nice and helpful. I had a great day out with my sister, a very nice lunch in their cafe and went home with lots of ideas.

The second was truly awful. I didn't see a single dress I liked, in fact I saw some I'd only wear if I was paid a LOT of money to do so. The vendors were all either rude or overly fawning. It was a complete bunfight with people literally tearing dresses out of each others hands, and loads of girls in VERY skimpy undies trying things on in the middle of the aisles. The flowers and favours were tacky, and I went home after 2 hours with a mega-headache.

Can you get an idea from the knot which is good or otherwise? I had heard that the NWS was ghastly on a forum here.

Looking at the websites I'd be more likely to pick the 'Here comes the Brides' one

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pandora! I didn''t think to check TheKnot for info. I''m so afraid of those forums that I think I block them from my mind
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted the same question over at theKnot (my local board) and the got a resounding consensus that Bridal Shows are a big waste of time.

33.gif

Should I just forget it? I thought it would be a good way to find vendors that I''m just clueless about (bakers, florists, and DJs, really). Maybe not...?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The right one is very helpful.

For example, I met the people who are doing my wedding invitations - www.piccolopress.co.uk

I had already seen their website, but being able to talk to them in person was great - and I got a huge sample pack to take home. They were so nice and seemed like they''d take a lot of trouble over things which really made my mind up for me.

I loved their work so much that I am now using them for things I do for my job.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 4:18:03 PM
Author: Pandora II
The right one is very helpful.

For example, I met the people who are doing my wedding invitations - www.piccolopress.co.uk
That's what I was figuring on. Maybe I should try to go to a bridal show in the UK?
3.gif

I really appreciate you coming back to comment on this thread, Pandora. You're the only one, ha! I guess the other PSers don't have an opinion on these things!! Maybe I just ask for help too much, start too many topics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results