shape
carat
color
clarity

Which earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking for some long, narrow drop earrings to serve as a "statement" piece among my wedding jewelry. I will probably wear my bezel-set diamond necklace from WF (either that or a journey CZ pendant), so I was browsing for some inexpensive bezel-set drop CZ earrings and came across these. Which of these 2 designs do you prefer for wedding jewelry? I'm leaning toward one of them but don't want to sway you yet...

Pair 1

Pair 2

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I love both of them!

My vote, however, if for #1. I love the distinct bezel on each stone and think that that will look great with your beautiful necklace!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:30:39 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
So pretty! I love both of them!

My vote, however, if for #1. I love the distinct bezel on each stone and think that that will look great with your beautiful necklace!

Ditto, I think both are beautiful but one just has a crispness to it that speaks to me - however I am a minimalist in my tastes so take that into account ;-).

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Also, I''ve posted this a couple of times, but just to have everything all in one place, here''s my canvas...
jstar-bridalcanvas1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And here''s a close-up of my dress - note that the straps are just photoshopped on there, so the colors will match better once the real straps are done (going for my 2nd fitting Friday!).
jstar-frontviewthickstraps.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Pair #1!

(You may have inspired me to order some myself
27.gif
.)

ETA: Love your dress!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1!!!! Beautiful earrings! I think they'll go REALLY well with your dress!

ETA: Check out this bracelet - it goes perfectly with the earrings
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bracelet

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
#1 Love them! And I love your dress. I almost bought the same one.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies! This is really surprising to me, because the one I was leaning toward was #2! But #1 is a bit cheaper, so you may have swayed me. Do you think #1 will look better with my dress in particular? Keep 'em coming! And kama, great bracelet...I was going to wear one I already have, but my interest is piqued now!

Also thanks for the comments about the dress. I can't wait to see what the straps look like, and we'll be talking bustles at this fitting too. Off-topic, but any ideas for how to bustle a split-back train with a corset tie and ruching at the butt? Here's what the dress looks like from behind...
jstar-backview.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2 better. They look...more expensive. (Obviously they are, but they really look like it.)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Freke! I agree about #2 looking more expensive.

Anyone have insight on which pair will look better with my dress, the theme/venue of the wedding, etc.?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think #1 will go better with your wedding, but they are both pretty. The first thing that popped into my head was that the sleek bezels would go really well with the callas you put on your canvas.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

They are gorgeous!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
OK ladies, looks like the overwhelming majority is for #1. I think I''ll go with the group here because you all have great taste! If they end up looking cheap, I can always return them and choose #2 instead. Remind me to post pics when they come in!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
yes, number 1 will look better with your dbty necklace, whichever one you go with. I think the second actually look costumeish. (not a word, but you kwim?) 1 looks more real and sophisticated.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I looove number one. I think it has a cleaner look than number two. But you can''t go wrong; they''re both beautiful!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Freke. I REALLY like #2. I think that the sparkle facter is more WOW on #2... and will really give some glam to your neckline. Looks like your hair will be down? I think that the sparkle from #2 will really give some accent.

I guess I was late to the party. Good luck w/ your purchase, I hope that you LOVE THEM!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #1!!!!!!

Sooooo pretty!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 the best - I think if you are going for a simple and classic and understated look, those fit better, and will be more flattering
1.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the masses...choice #1 does it for me.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
#1, no question.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Here's why I like #1 better...it looks like the DBTY, which makes it seem more upscale and for some reason also dantier (in my mind). Additioanlly, you said your necklace was bezel set, and that one is obviously bezel set. The second one I didn't look at long enough to notice the bezels (if there are any?) because I already knew #1 was nicer. LOL. I also like #1 best because it has a lot more visual interest. I think that the sparkle factor WILL still be there because they appear to be on a box chain which has its own shimmer anyway. (And, may I say, once I got my first box chain necklace, I will NEVER, EVER use any other type of chain.. LOL! It's like diamonds in itself! ;-) )

I also want to mention that I tried this dress on and it was one of my 'maybes'. I really LOVED the train. What I didn't like about it was that it didn't have the pick-ups that I really, really had my heart set on when I started looking at dresses. So, it went to my #2 choice when I found one I thought I really liked. Then I found MY DRESS and it dropped to #3. Well, the one I ended up with has no pick-ups either...LOL! So, I'm thinking that your dress would've totally been my #2 dress choice. ;-) I LOOOOVED the sparkle on it and it was just so DIFFERENT! Are you getting it in white, also? Or will it be ivory/diamond white?

ETA: Okay, just went back to look at the earrings and realized they aren't a box chain at all. In fact, they aren't a chain period. LOL!! Also looked at # 2 again and realized they WERE bezel set, but then I looked harder and I can tell you why I don't like them as much. The CZs look F'UGLY!!! It looks like someone tried to hand-draw a stone into them using photoshop...they just don't look 'clean' at all. I realize they're CZs and I realize they're just pictures...but compare 1 to 2?? No comparison, right??

earrings1223z33.jpg

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Also, I have to say this REALLY bothered me...LOL. I know someone worked really hard on the picture to make it happen for you, and I probably couldn''t have done such a great job...but, I can help with the color. So here goes.. ;-)

dbdresshalter.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 3:14:07 AM
Author: newsboysgrl777
Also, I have to say this REALLY bothered me...LOL. I know someone worked really hard on the picture to make it happen for you, and I probably couldn''t have done such a great job...but, I can help with the color. So here goes.. ;-)
Uh, that would be me, and it took about 2 minutes. I''m not insulted at all.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 3:02:18 AM
ETA: Okay, just went back to look at the earrings and realized they aren''t a box chain at all. In fact, they aren''t a chain period. LOL!! Also looked at # 2 again and realized they WERE bezel set, but then I looked harder and I can tell you why I don''t like them as much. The CZs look F''UGLY!!! It looks like someone tried to hand-draw a stone into them using photoshop...they just don''t look ''clean'' at all. I realize they''re CZs and I realize they''re just pictures...but compare 1 to 2?? No comparison, right?!
earrings1223z33.jpg
Actually I''m glad you posted this. I''m still sticking to #2, and this picture just reinforces that completely. The first earrings in this blown up picture look like little chunks of ice, while the other earrings''s CZs actually look like they were cut. Having said that, they look photoshopped in there, so I don''t even want to hazard a guess as to what they''d look like in person.

Jstar, I know you already bought them, so I hope they are more lovely in person, but I still prefer #2. Both pairs are so similar that I don''t know that there would be much of a difference though.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
seeing them side by side, im thinking #1 will go better with the dress. i love them both but seeing you have the straps added, i think the first pair might go just a tad bit better.
but honestly, they both are awesome - and either will look great!

love your dress and bustle ideas, can''t wait to see more pics.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 3:23:37 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Actually I''m glad you posted this. I''m still sticking to #2, and this picture just reinforces that completely. The first earrings in this blown up picture look like little chunks of ice, while the other earrings''s CZs actually look like they were cut. Having said that, they look photoshopped in there, so I don''t even want to hazard a guess as to what they''d look like in person.

Jstar, I know you already bought them, so I hope they are more lovely in person, but I still prefer #2. Both pairs are so similar that I don''t know that there would be much of a difference though.
Hmm...I see what you mean now, about how it looks like they have no facets or anything. But that''s still weird, isn''t it? That the other earrings look like they were hand-drawn? Why in the world didn''t they just take a picture of the real thing? Weird, right??

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:12:20 AM
Date: 3/14/2009 3:23:37 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Hmm...I see what you mean now, about how it looks like they have no facets or anything. But that''s still weird, isn''t it? That the other earrings look like they were hand-drawn? Why in the world didn''t they just take a picture of the real thing? Weird, right??
Totally. I''m really starting to distrust most online vendor pictures (this has to do with some threads in Colored Stones, but I think it''s applicable with most jewelry photography...) I have no idea whats up with that.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely number 1. They''re fab!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results