shape
carat
color
clarity

Which do you like better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I narrowed it down to this Paloma Blanca. It looks great on me and it's lightweight. Price is right. Only thing is the train... it's too long and it would cost me $150 to have Paloma shorten it for me. silk organdy skirt and alencon lace.

3565%20front.JPG

I haven't tried this one on yet-- but it's similar and wouldn't need any train alteration. Price is similar to the Paloma when you add in the train alteration. It's two pieces. Slim silk organza skirt and alencon lace.
ob1652_2652.jpg

I haven't tried it on yet... no one near me carries it. Wondering if it's worth trying to find someone who carries it... or if the other one is just nicer. (Going to SF, CA in a month so I can look for it there too).

Which one gets your vote? Either would be in silk white (diamond white-ish).

ETA: They are having a trunk show an hour from me-- at 1:00 pm on 22nd I can try this set on. Worth it?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i actually prefer the second dress. i like the smaller ribbon. i also like how it seems to be more of a dropped waist.

eta: do you know what the backs of these dresses look like? i am wondering if the first one dips down a bit in the back. if so, i may prefer that.
eek. i'm no help, am i?!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the back of the Paloma. The Occasions does look like it has more of a dropped waist which is something I like about it a lot. I also like the idea of a slimmer skirt. The ribbon on the Paloma looks great with it-- I wouldn''t change it. But I may like the slimmer bow with the other one too.

I think a sweep train looks better with a slimmer skirt. I''m not sure about the Paloma with a shorter train. I may have to bustle... but I had the woman show me the look of it with a bustle and I''m not sure I like it.

3565 back.JPG

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
as i guess, it has a swoop back, which i love.
keep in mind they have different bustle options too. they should me one that i hated on a dress. i asked if another would work. they said they hadn''t thought of that but that it would.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i like the 2nd one better. if the ribbon is the deciding factor, its less expensive to change that than a train.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bustle options, huh? The salon where I tried it (which wasn't that great) showed me two. Advised me to stick with those because of the organdy-- but it could just be because that's they feel comfortable with. Will have to think on that a bit. Bustling it might make it look too formal though. Don't know.

ETA: Ginger-- that is very true. I don't mind that ribbon either-- it might be perfect for that top-- looks good in the picture. Just like the Paloma ribbon is just right for it. Thanks.

Probably going to have to drive out there to try it on, after all.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i think it''d be worth the trip! i prefer the second option

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the first dress!

I like the thicker ribbon around the waist, as well as the ribbon color better.....so my vote is for #1
1.gif

Hope this helps...

HAPPY_BRIDE

Rough_Rock
I really like #2 and i found out the two piece wears better than a one piece at least forme.. i would at least try it on you never know until its on you sometimes it makes a huge difference. I saw alot of dresses online and when i got to the store i hate it!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I like the Jim Hjelm!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I like the silhouette of dress #2 better (I am biased because I don''t like big poufy dress and A-line is already too poufy for me). But I also don''t like the idea of 2 pieces dress - maybe it seems like wedding-ish to me??? So if you don''t mind the 2 pieces, then I choose #2.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 8:22:23 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I like the silhouette of dress #2 better (I am biased because I don't like big poufy dress and A-line is already too poufy for me). But I also don't like the idea of 2 pieces dress - maybe it seems like wedding-ish to me??? So if you don't mind the 2 pieces, then I choose #2.

You know... .it's SO funny that you mentioned that qtiekiki! That's the exact reason why I'm dragging my feet on this! If this were a one piece I'd be out there hunting it down in a heart beat! And I have told myself that a two piece IS practical-- I could have the train taken off the skirt after the wedding and have the skirt dyed-- it's silk so it will take. And the top could be worn with a black dressy skirt to another function as long as I changed the bow to a black one (not a wedding-- wouldnt wear a top like that to another bride's day). Plus it's MUCH easier to transport to a destination wedding. And the fit really might be better this way.

But the two piece thing seems... less special.
7.gif

It's all mental. I'm obviously going to have to go and try the thing on-- but I'm thinking that I might to have a 'mind clean' problem with it. And really. I don't need to be able to wear it again. Not sure I would even if I could... you know? Wouldn't want to spoil the special memories by wearing it again. I'd probably just spend a couple of hundred bucks on a new dress if I needed one for a function that badly-- and I can't imagine I would anyway-- I have 6 floor length designer gowns in my closet now.

Ebree, Rose, Happy, Lulu-- thanks so much for your votes!

Does the two piece thing bother anyone else?

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
huh...didn''t think of it till now but ya, I see what you mean about the whole two piece making it less like a wedding dress (at least mentally). If it''s something that you enjoy and you want the multi-functionalism of dying the skirt and rewearing the top, then go for it. I myself would most likely want to go with a dress (1 piece) but it you like it then do what makes you happy! After all, it is your day!
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2 better as well, and actually kind of wish I had more time to find a dress because I would have preferred a 2 piece.

Plus, imagine if you could wear the top of your wedding dress again - with some hot little jeans and some heels. . .
9.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
You''re having a destination wedding in the caribbean, is that right? If so, I think the first one is too much for a setting like that. I like the second one a lot. If it''s comfortable and it LOOKS like a 1-piece, who cares? But you have to feel good about it...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are lovely. I think I actually prefer the 2 piece though!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I really like the first dress (maybe because it is similar to my own LOL). The second one seems less formal to me for some reason.

Good luck choosing!
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh I like both! try on #2 first. And take pics!! I think it''s way diff when you have pics of yourself in both, then it''s easier to tell!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like #2 better...
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely drop in this forum, but I had to see what you were looking at, Gypsy!

I think #1 is elegant and gorgeous. It would be my choice of these two!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well, I made the appointment for the trunk show just to go and try it on. Unfortunately, it is going to be a SIZE FOUR. I'm a twelve/ fourteen (put on weight in the last month of joblessness with stress eating and no cardio b/c of my knee-- usually a straight twelve). They are going to hold it up against me. Yeah. That's not going to help me much. LOL. I've asked them to see what they can do-- call and get a larger sample size in or whatever.

I don't have a lot invested in it. I love the Paloma. And the price is great. And frankly it looks lovely on me.. AND my FI loves it. Really loves it.

But the Occassions gown is similar and less formal and just 'right' in look for a destination wedding and the train is nice and it's also a nice price point. So I'm willing to give it a go-- as long as it's not a four. Really that's just ridiculous. I'll be lucky to get a boob in the top.
3.gif

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! (DS glad you came by!) I'll see about posting pics of me in the dress. Um... that is if it's not gong to be well... ****. SIZE FOUR!

HAPPY_BRIDE

Rough_Rock
Gypsy i odnt mean to confuse or be rude but i saw this one and it seams to have the siluatte you want:))

17.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for that Happy! It IS similar! I need an A-line skirt though, I don''t look good in sheaths
8.gif
. But thank you for thinking of me. Very sweet of you.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results