shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
I performed a round ideal cut diamond search based on cost and eliminated several based on the HCA scores. The remainder were the winners from the HCA test - quite a wide range of stones in terms of clarity, color, and carat size combination. From here, I will then try to call them this week to see if I can pull all these diamonds and tell eliminate any diamond that has flaws viewable to the naked eye (flaws = inclusions, chips, yellowness, etc).

IN THE MEAN TIME, assuming no flaws to the naked eye, can you rank your order of diamonds? And which diamond would you pick based solely on specs?

i want the shiniest, cleanest, and biggest diamond for my buck.
36.gif

we want to order the diamond this week
4.gif

_chart.JPG

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I posted the wrong chart. Here''s the correct one (and larger font) - the letter options are at the top. so would you rank it a > b > c > d > e > f > g > h in that order (most to least preferred)?

_the_chart.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like C best. All BN stone I guess?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Who graded these stones? I ask because GIA doesn''t have a grading of Ideal, it''s a term vendors use with GIA certs. AGS has an ideal grade though.

Based purely on the numbers, C is good, however you need IS images to confirm. Do you have links to these stones? IS images? Real pictures?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 6:23:16 AM
Author: honey22
Who graded these stones? I ask because GIA doesn''t have a grading of Ideal, it''s a term vendors use with GIA certs. AGS has an ideal grade though.

Based purely on the numbers, C is good, however you need IS images to confirm. Do you have links to these stones? IS images? Real pictures?
Ditto Honey.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
honey, first off, your ring, especially your stone, is absolutely stunning
36.gif
do you mind sharing the specs?

oh yeah, i know AGS has Ideal whereas GIA has excellent; i wrote "ideal" because they were from the "ideal cut" search (all had GIA reports w/ the highest GIA rating - "excellent")

Yes, they are all BN stones so no additional photos at this time. If you are interested, here are their stock #s:
A -LD01401472
B - LD01435393
C - LD01105266
D - LD00996591
E - LD01397902
F - LD01462219
G - LD01122214

*yay* C was my pick too. I guess I am slowly catching on to this diamond business...can''t wait to be all done by the end of this week!!

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another one I couldn''t resist (no photos right now)

$5970 1.45 ct GIA EX J VS2
depth % - 61.7
table % - 57
crown angle - 35
pavilion angle - 40.8
HCA cut adviser: shines like fire (the X is on the borderline of overlapping between AGS & GIA)
7.22-7.28X4.47
girdle: Medium - thick

of course, these are just #s and we''ll have to visualize the diamond - but looking at #s ONLY, do you think this is a winner? such a good price for the specs (esp. the size!)

THANK YOU to all the lovely ladies!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 7:53:38 AM
Author: civictypesi
Here''s another one I couldn''t resist (no photos right now)

$5970 1.45 ct GIA EX J VS2
depth % - 61.7
table % - 57
crown angle - 35
pavilion angle - 40.8
HCA cut adviser: shines like fire (the X is on the borderline of overlapping between AGS & GIA)
7.22-7.28X4.47
girdle: Medium - thick

of course, these are just #s and we''ll have to visualize the diamond - but looking at #s ONLY, do you think this is a winner? such a good price for the specs (esp. the size!)

THANK YOU to all the lovely ladies!
Hi Civic,

I would like an Idealscope image for the above angle combo please if possible.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed, need IS but BN will not supply that. Also a m-tk girdle should have drop the cut grade, probably resulting in the good price, GIA listed it as VG cut right?

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
OK, i just emailed them to request it & post it when I receive it - I hope it''s good. i like everything else about this & the price is good too. Anything else I should request from this for this particular diamond?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 8:24:00 AM
OK, i just emailed them to request it & post it when I receive it - I hope it's good. i like everything else about this & the price is good too. Anything else I should request from this for this particular diamond?
I must have missed it if the above is from BN, then they won't supply Idealscope civic. Do you have a link for this diamond too please? I would like to check the girdle and diameter.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
GIA cut grade = Excellent (for the 1.45ct stone)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 8:26:12 AM

Hmm... Well, at least the spread looks on par to the carat weight, around 7.3+mm diameter I think, so probably not that much of the girdle in the think range.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 9:29:11 AM
Author: Stone-cold11

Date: 4/20/2009 8:26:12 AM

Hmm... Well, at least the spread looks on par to the carat weight, around 7.3+mm diameter I think, so probably not that much of the girdle in the think range.
What chart are you using SC?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just using the In house diamond search, for the weight there is a spread function, the closest to the 1.46c is a 1.463c GOG stone with a spread of 7.35-7.36mm diameter, at a 1% spread. 0% being the avg for an ideal cut I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results