Which watch?

• Blue

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Pink

Votes: 28 47.5%

• Total voters

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I have a choice between two Oyster Perpetual 28mm watches - blue sunburst and pink sunburst dials.

I can't decide.

Help me!

Please base your decision on what you think looks the nicest - I don't mind about practical considerations such as matching clothes etc.

It's definitely between just these two.

Thanks in advance :)
Bluewatch2.jpg IMG_20220427_152434289.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue looks best with your skin tone.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I like the blue.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them both but I think the blue would be more versatile with various clothes.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I like the PINK!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If that’s a light pink I vote pink!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the blue. Looks classic and more grown up, somehow.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you truly can’t decide, is there another color or dial you REALLY want? For example, I love a mother of pearl dial and , although I love the colors blue and pink, if given the choice between those two colors, I too would have a hard time choosing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I normally hate pink
but oddly i like the pink best
The blue is also very nice

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - both beautiful! My eyes are going to the pink.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue is beautiful yet the pink seems more neutral - no help here - sorry!

Leekb

Rough_Rock
My eyes are immediately drawn to the blue- it offers a pop of color while the pink is close to your skin tone and so is more neutral/understated

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the blue better, objectively (for me as a man). But it looks more masculine and a little more like a generic man's watch. It would help a lot if I could blow that picture up but it seems to be stuck at that tiny size. And the pink is kinda blurry.

Neither one screams "Rolex" to me -- maybe that's the point. :P2

Congrats on finding not one but two (!) steel Rolexes.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
The pink is more neutral so I would pick it… but the blue is gorgeous!!!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t expect to like the blue till I saw & put one 31mm on my wrist. It looked very good in real life. To me, blue dial seems to have more depth than the pink.
My 2 cents

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I love the pink! Such a pretty, calming shade! Its paleness allows it to blend well with anything you wear. The blue is a lovely, striking blue...but my eyes tend to grow weary of strong colors over time, so the pink gets my vote!

etudes

Rough_Rock
I think blue looks better on you wrist.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone. Really helpful.

I think the blue is a nicer colour. I think it looks better on me. I don't like pink in general. I told the AD "any colour except pink". But then I tried on the pink... and my heart wants the pink. Argh.

@LilAlex that's my concern, that the blue looks like I'm wearing my dad's watch. You are right about the point being it doesn't scream Rolex ;-)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second set of photos is definitely a better comparison. The blue is very striking on you, but there's something about the pink (softer, more feminine) that I love.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex that's my concern, that the blue looks like I'm wearing my dad's watch.

I kind of agree with this. I even googled the watch to see what shade of pink the other one was. It is an almost-too-subtle, warm, champagne-y pink where I was actually hoping that it would be a more statement-y pink (but still not an eye-popping hot pink) -- there is a more bubblegum- or cotton-candy-looking one (maybe a 36mm from years ago) and it does not look juvenile or "unserious" with all that steel.

I think they both look a little generic, tbh. I would want a pinker pink. My spouse is feminine but not into pink, per se. I could not see her wearing that blue one yet I could see her wearing the pink.

For Rolex, do you take what is available (which is usually available for a reason) or do you wait?

I think something a little fresher looking with a little more pop...? Unless you truly want to fly under the radar and its just a "tool watch."

I know there is classic (Submariner, Cartier tank) and there is fun (Tiffany-blue dial, etc.) -- not sure these are either?

For that investment, I would want something that made me smile every time I put it on...

EDIT: with those new photos: of the two, pink all the way!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
My vote goes to pink.
I usually like blue and I dislike light pink, but I think the pink watch suits you better: very chic and feminine ; the blue one looks harsh and masculine on your wrist.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue pops, aka makes a statement.
Pink blends in, aka subtle / understated.

Which effect do you prefer?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pink.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all!

It's definitely got to be this model and size for various reasons - it only comes in blue, pink, silver or black (I'm not keen on the last two). The lacquer shades eg candy pink, turquoise etc don't come in the size (and are only available on the secondary market for vastly inflated prices now anyway).

I decided to go with my heart and choose the pink. I think the comments about the blue looking harsh / masculine articulated what was bothering me. I would totally wear a dress, jewellery etc in that shade, which I still think is gorgeous, but on a watch coupled with the sporty bracelet style, it just didn't fit quite right.

Thank you all again, I appreciate it so much, especially the comments which have been massively helpful :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220519_162411487.jpg
    IMG_20220519_162411487.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 32
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results