shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ceremony location would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Option #1: Looks out over the ocean. In a public park. Those benches are fixed and included in price ($15).

Colt_Chapel.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Option #1

Colt_Chapel_2.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Option #2: private garden, no water view. Would have to rent chairs, etc. Closer to reception, but neither are far away.

6ceremonyLP.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Option #2

8ceremonyLP.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Option #2

9ceremonyLP.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
#1!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
While I think that both are gorgeous, I would go with #2 (if it is not cost prohibitive with the chair rentals) primarily because of the privacy factor. #1 looks beautiful in that pic, but what if on the day of your wedding there are gawking onlookers, or people playing frisbee with their dog? Or maybe it isn''t that kind of park?

Either way, both are beautiful and you can''t go ''wrong'' with either, but since you asked, i''d go with #2!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
aside from the chair issue, i like # 2 better--more private (as mentioned) and looks very lush and elegant.

both are gorgeous spots!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
as sunshine mentioned, the privacy of the public park would be of concern. also, as a guest, i like to have a chairback, and the benches don''t look so comfortable. if the benches are concrete, they may snag clothing too. basically...i like #2!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
As much as I love water views, I think option 2 looks more beautiful. It may be more private and I love the idea of a garden wedding. It sounds very elegant.

E B

Ideal_Rock
They''re both beautiful outdoor venues, so you can''t go wrong with either (but I''m biased
9.gif
).

But due to privacy, I''d probably go with #2.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''d go with #2 for privacy and the guests being more comfy during the ceremony. both are beautiful and you can''t really go wrong with either.

cara

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 better, if you are OK with the more casual look with benches and you think that random passersby woln''t be a big deal. I went to a wedding on a public beach, and as long as the traffic is low and the scene is respectful it was no biggie.

But #2 is certainly safer in terms of privacy. And very nice in its own right.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I guess I''m the odd man out, I''d choose #1. I love the water view.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number two is nice. But number one is just stunning. I would totally perfer that one... even with the lack of complete privacy. Most people are very respectful of weddings and don''t interfere... I would go with number 1. I love the benches too.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I totally prefer #1 as well -- If the benches do happen to be concrete you can always cover them with something to prevent them from snagging clothes.
The way it is set up also makes me think that they must have quite a few organized functions there simply because there is a permanent aisle and benches, so I don''t think that outside people would be that much of a problem - plus from the weddings I''ve seen in public places other people are surprisingly respectful to your special day

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think #2 is more private. If it isn''t cost prohibitive, I might go that route, but #1 ain''t shabby by ANY means!!!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Both are great, but I like the park better....more private. Plus the water view doesn''t seem to be as noticeable with the trees (maybe it''s just the pics)...
jen

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
#2 is nice, very private like everyone has stated, but I think #1 is just stunning. It just strikes me as so much more majestic.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I have something for water views... #1!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really just a matter of preference. Do you want a wedding with a water view or a wedding with a woodsy view?

I''d want a wedding with a more woodsy garden view, so I''d choose #2. But that''s just me!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
while both are beautiful, i prefer 2. something about the concrete benches just doesn''t say "wedding" to me. i love the privacy of the second location. it seems like you could really make a dramatic entrance.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Could your guests actually see the water if they were seated on the benches in number 1? It looks from the pictures that they might not be able to.

If they could actually see the water well, I''d vote number 1...because I love ocean front weddings and if I lived close enough to the ocean to have one myself, it''d be high on my priority list.

If the guests can''t really see the water, then I''d vote garden....it looks beautiful and elegant but it could be anywhere in the country. Not too many places have the ocean.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Option #2. Sitting on benches with no back support doesn''t look very comfortable. Option #2 looks a little more protected, green and perfect for photography.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results