shape
carat
color
clarity

Which cake server set do you like best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Which cake server do you like best?

heartsset.jpg

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock

Lenoxset.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to deflate your joy... (I like the second one better)... but I would save the money on this item. I bought a nice set for 12 bucks and in the total budget for my wedding, drop in the bucket. But f you asked me what items I completely would not buy again, if I had to do it all over again, it would be the cake server set. Does nothing but sit there and stare at me taking up space. If you want to get a cake server set... I would get one to match your future flatware pattern, so you can keep using it again and again. And it doesn''t look weddingy and kinda strange when you pull it out on a birthday... kwim?

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Going to echo Gypsy, got mine from Michaels I was quite happy when someone decided to steal it or forgot to return it
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, my knife and server were a gift from my mother to me at one of my showers and I will use them for years and years and pass them down. I love them. I like the first set out of the two you posted, treasure.

http://www.alanleecollection.com/node/87

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 10:16:58 PM
Author: Gypsy
Not to deflate your joy... (I like the second one better)... but I would save the money on this item. I bought a nice set for 12 bucks and in the total budget for my wedding, drop in the bucket. But f you asked me what items I completely would not buy again, if I had to do it all over again, it would be the cake server set. Does nothing but sit there and stare at me taking up space. If you want to get a cake server set... I would get one to match your future flatware pattern, so you can keep using it again and again. And it doesn''t look weddingy and kinda strange when you pull it out on a birthday... kwim?

Normally I wouldn''t spend money on something like this but my FMIL wants to buy us our server and have it engraved.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I like the second one. I tend to stay away from things with lil round fake jewels/crystals/rhinestones on them because they always have the ability to look cheap. Not saying they always do, but the ability is there! lol.
idk. Sorry :)

I for one, am super excited about our cake server! It goes quite nicely with the china pattern we picked and I do actually see myself getting use out of it!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m personally not into hearts, but I''d pick the 2nd one of the two.

Gypsy, this is definitely a good point and I''m glad you brought it to our attention. It makes sense not to break the bank on something that may end up looking cheesy even if you take it out on special occasions in years to come.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 11:14:55 PM
Author: caribqueen

agreed :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 11:26:22 PM
Author: Maevie
Me, too.

My aunt gave us a set as a surprise gift at our RD, which was nice, but we weren''t planning on having one. Our caterer has, you know, serving tools, so we though Why bother?

Our serving ware came with a very nice serving set, too, and it matches our flatware, so we are now the proud owners of two cake serving sets. I really don''t use either very often.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 11:26:22 PM
Author: Maevie

agreed, again
9.gif
did FMIL give you these 2 to choose from? if she''s letting you pick the set, like gypsy said, maybe you could get one that matches your future flatware pattern & she could have that engraved. just a thought.

ours is precious moments (yes, you are allowed to crack up laughing). my mother for some reason thinks i still love precious moments & gave it to me after we got engaged. i contemplated getting another one because i really do think a 30 year old bride & groom cutting the cake w/precious moments set is hilarious & not in a good way. but then i realized who''s gonna even see the darn thing unless i display it on the table, which i don''t plan to do. so, cheesy precious moments it is! i''m just hoping she doesn''t find a cake topper to match
23.gif
23.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of it matching our future flatware set but unfortunately the pattern we picked doesn''t have a matching set, otherwise I would get that one without a second thought. No, these aren''t two that she gave us to chose from, just two that we saw and really liked :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Ours is a very beautiful silverplated set from Reed and Barton. VERY classic and simple, and completely fine for use down the road. I don''t know why they''re not listed in a set, but here they are. (I don''t know why they''re not listed together, as ours came together
33.gif
)

I''d say go with a plain silver/silverplated serve set since your china pattern doesn''t have one, that way it can be used in the future, and still match with your china.

Knife
Server

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Princessplease, your links don''t work, but I think I have the same set.

I''d go w/ the second one.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the second, but if you can get one that matches or coordinates with your flatware I''d go in that direction instead.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to deflate your joy... (I like the second one better)... but I would save the money on this item. I bought a nice set for 12 bucks and in the total budget for my wedding, drop in the bucket. But f you asked me what items I completely would not buy again, if I had to do it all over again, it would be the cake server set. Does nothing but sit there and stare at me taking up space. If you want to get a cake server set... I would get one to match your future flatware pattern, so you can keep using it again and again. And it doesn't look weddingy and kinda strange when you pull it out on a birthday... kwim?

I was going to say the same thing as Gypsy.

ETA: Does your FMIL think this is something you really want and will use for a long time after the wedding? Have you told her your thoughts, or is it a case of "this is a gift, I'm not going to say anything and I'll just pick one to make her happy?" Of the two you chose, I do like the second one better because it's simple in design, but to be honest, I'm not really into hearts that much.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks beadchick!
For some reason, I can''t link to them on reedandbarton.com
33.gif

Anyway, here are the item numbers
Knife- 04770320
Server- 04770276
Just go to reedandbarton.com and search the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results