shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Britax (again..)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I know I''ve asked this question a million times, but I''ve got it narrowed down to 2 seats: Britax Roundabout 50 and Britax Marathon. I was so close to buying the Maxi Cosi, but got lured into the Britax web. Mostly it''s b/c I never actually got to see the Maxi Cosi Priori at a store (BRU), so it was difficult to really assess it. Maybe as a 2nd seat eventually..

In terms of the Roundabout50 and Marathon, I''m having a hard time figuring out the difference. I know the weight factor is the obvious one, but C is skinny so that might not be as much of a concern. Other than that (and the $80 extra), what does the Marathon offer? They looked very similar to me in terms of style and build.

Thanks .. again.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 9:43:11 AM
Author:janinegirly
I know I''ve asked this question a million times, but I''ve got it narrowed down to 2 seats: Britax Roundabout 50 and Britax Marathon. I was so close to buying the Maxi Cosi, but got lured into the Britax web. Mostly it''s b/c I never actually got to see the Maxi Cosi Priori at a store (BRU), so it was difficult to really assess it. Maybe as a 2nd seat eventually..

In terms of the Roundabout50 and Marathon, I''m having a hard time figuring out the difference. I know the weight factor is the obvious one, but C is skinny so that might not be as much of a concern. Other than that (and the $80 extra), what does the Marathon offer? They looked very similar to me in terms of style and build.

Thanks .. again.
I believe it''s a similar seat, but smaller. Also, weight is not the only factor in a car seat - height is as well. If your car can comfortably fit the marathon, I''d get the marathon .

Personally, we LOVE our boulevard.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
We have the Roundabout as a 2nd seat and love it. However, our son is a big boy so I wish we had spent the money and gotten the bigger seat.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies! C isn''t tall either---but I think I''m going to go with the Marathon. Seems to be a better investment. Not sure if anyone''s checked out the new Marathon ("Click & Safe") which is a bit more expensive but has the click harness. I"m thinking of that one now, but would like to see some reviews.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like you made your choice. I just wanted to add that I had the Roundabout for both my boys and after they outgrew them, I was able to sell them. Be sure to sell privately to a person rather than going to a consignment. I'm pretty sure for both seats, a woman paid me $80.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have the roundabout and it works for us. I wanted the smaller seat so it would make flying easier now that we have to get her a seat.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
janine, also consider the car that the seat will be in. we ended up choosing the roundabout50 because it was the best fit in our bmw sedan. everything else was too big.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Is the Roudabout much smaller than the Marathon? Because when I saw it in the store, they looked pretty similar. It was the Roundabout 50 though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Tacori-hadn''t thought of the seat option on plane, good point.

sbde: we have an SUV, but someday I may get a smaller car for myself so it''s true that something compact makes sense too-- but they all looked pretty huge to me!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We have the Blvd in my car/SUV, and the diplomat in DH’s crossover. The weight and height limits for the Blvd is the same as the marathon, and diplomat is the same as the roundabout. The Blvd looks a lot more spacious than the diplomat when M is in it. And it kind of looks like her head is getting close to the top of the diplomat already.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
janine, also when I was researching then forums/people said the roundabouts were best for short mamas. One lady complained she could not see over her car seat. Obviously safety is all of our priorities. I remember looking at the weight and thinking she will most likely be in a booster before she maxes it out. She is not a huge child so I made the decision to go with the smaller one. Their height slows does A LOT after 18 months anyways. I do wish it reclined more though I do not have captain''s chairs so it wouldn''t matter anyways. If I had a van I would probably get a different brand altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results