shape
carat
color
clarity

Which BM gift???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I need the help of the PS ladies again. I am trying to decide what to do for my BMs. I am going to pay for their shoes as a gift. I would also like to give them a piece of jewelry to wear at the wedding. I bought inexpensive bracelets at Macys that are silvertone toggle style. They have pewter ribbon that goes through them and they match the dresses. I also bought imitation gray pearl stud earrings from Macys.

My dilemma is, should I keep what I have, or pay a little bit more and get freshwater gray pearl button stud earrings that are real pearls (not as fancy as tahitian or akoya, but still actual pearls vs the imitation ones from Macys). Then, rather than have them all wear the same bracelet, ask them to wear their favorite bracelet (but specify one that is not yellow gold). What do you think???

Thanks!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
IMHO, I think a BM gift should be something that is NOT related to the wedding. Are these girls ever going to wear the pearls again? I''d rather have a nice everyday necklace, bracelet, etc...rather than something I wore to a wedding once.

If you decide on giving the pearls for a gift, and you think the ones from Macy''s (imitation pearls), look nice enough, then go for it!

Good Luck planning!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 11:16:41 AM
Author: BeachRunner
IMHO, I think a BM gift should be something that is NOT related to the wedding. Are these girls ever going to wear the pearls again? I''d rather have a nice everyday necklace, bracelet, etc...rather than something I wore to a wedding once.

If you decide on giving the pearls for a gift, and you think the ones from Macy''s (imitation pearls), look nice enough, then go for it!

Good Luck planning!

Ditto. IMO, if you want them to wear matching shoes and jewelry, you are be obligated to pay for that yourself because it goes beyond basic attire.

What about finding a bracelet or earrings for each bridesmaid that match her unique style?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 11:30:12 AM
Author: Haven
Date: 1/24/2009 11:16:41 AM

Author: BeachRunner

Good Luck planning!

Ditto. IMO, if you want them to wear matching shoes and jewelry, you are be obligated to pay for that yourself because it goes beyond basic attire.

What about finding a bracelet or earrings for each bridesmaid that match her unique style?

Ditto Haven and beachrunner on the jewelery thing. How much time do you have until the wedding? Would you have time to find individual stuff to suit each personality and style? If not, I''m sure that they will appreciate the jewelery either way.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thritto to the above! I think it means so much more when you know that the bride has thought of your personally when picking the gift.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results