shape
carat
color
clarity

Where's my brie? and other weird stories of misplaced items

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies and Gents.....ever have one of those days when you lose something, and the item turns up in the weirdest place? I lost my wheel of brie this morning, it is still lost, but I'm sure it will turn up somewhere...probably once I start smelling it fermenting or oozing out of a drawer somewhere. I distinctly remember cutting a piece, eating it at my desk with some crackers, then returning to the kitchen to put away the brie before my hubby gets home, because he hates it when I leave refrigerated items out of the fridge too long.

One time I went to the grocery store, and bought food to cook for dinner, I bought marinated carne asada (vacuum sealed) to make fajitas and never found it when I unpacked my groceries when I got home. I went through all of my cabinets, pantry, fridge to find it and it never turned up, so we didn't have fajitas that night. A few weeks later, my car was starting to smell faintly of cooked mexican food. I followed my nose and found a giant blown up (still sealed) package of fermenting meat, about to blow it's contents! My Carne Asada had rolled out of the grocery bag and landed between back seats and my 3rd row seats (which were usually stowed away). Thank goodness I found it before the contents blew. The End.

Any crazy stories like mine? The brie saga continues,,,

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My good lady has said before that her father was looking for his driving licence everywhere, and had turned the entire house upside down trying to find it. They had even gone through all the kitchen drawers and units twice but not found it.

Then one day a little while after, he opened the kitchen drawer of crap (that we all have ;-) lol) and there it was - laying on top of everything...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You left that brie in the Hermès Birkin bag that you left on your car's dashboard in the hot sun 3 days ago.

But no worries; melted brie is delicious. :cheeky:

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking it shouldn't take long to find the brie...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOLOLOL @jaysonsmom You're on a roll! (or is that without a wheel....) Chicken wings now cheese!

Thank you for some levity in these otherwise crum bummy days.

cheers--Sharon

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My kids are constantly losing their retainers (clear invisalign type), and I always tell them to dig in the trash...they are constantly tossing it in the trash along with paper napkins and dinner scraps.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to work for a guy who drank too much. He used to go to a local diner and order liver sandwiches cause he thought they would help him somehow.......
Anyway, he once sent our secretary to retrieve his car that had been in a parking lot for several days.
There was a horrible smell in the car. She found a liver sandwich in the glove compartment.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I recall leaving Palm Springs with my gold/pearl bracelet on. Got home nothing. Searched, searched and searched. Then, trading in my car--I did a final vacuum. Bracelet, found, many months later, after moving the front seat back and forth......

My Father passed at a young age. My sisters and I each received a piece of jewellery from him. I kept my piece in my jewellery box and infrequently wore it, and one day, it went "missing". I turned the house over and over a hundred times if I did it once. Heartbroken I couldn't understand where it went.

At least a year later, I was cleaning up my young son's playhouse, and found, the piece in, a plastic toilet. Yes, I popped the lid, (why did I do that?) and there was the item. I can't recall how long I sat there staring at the toilet. But it was a while.

cheers--Sharon

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I used to work for a guy who drank too much. He used to go to a local diner and order liver sandwiches cause he thought they would help him somehow.......
Anyway, he once sent our secretary to retrieve his car that had been in a parking lot for several days.
There was a horrible smell in the car. She found a liver sandwich in the glove compartment.

At least he remembered where his car was parked!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
HI:
My Father passed at a young age. My sisters and I each received a piece of jewellery from him. I kept my piece in my jewellery box and infrequently wore it, and one day, it went "missing". I turned the house over and over a hundred times if I did it once. Heartbroken I couldn't understand where it went.
cheers--Sharon

Intentionally hidden stuff is the worse....I never remember where I hide things that are near and dear to me, so I tell one of my kids to help me "remember"

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once spent the best part of an hour searching the house and car (and dog beds) for my reading glasses. Couldn’t find them anywhere. Went to the bathroom, oops, there they were sitting on my head.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I once spent the best part of an hour searching the house and car (and dog beds) for my reading glasses. Couldn’t find them anywhere. Went to the bathroom, oops, there they were sitting on my head.

That happens to my mom ALL the time, she has about 5 pairs at any given time, but cannot find a single pair when she needs one...and often we see it on her head. I laugh.....but the same thing happened to me now that I'm 47 and finally started using reading glasses. I only have 2 pairs! Need to stock up!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

3M.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do that all the time. Once I went looking for my phone. It was in my hand. That only happened once....:liar:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I would come home from work to find milk in the dishes cupboard and the associated cereal box in the fridge... Or the ice cream would be in the fridge instead of the freezer. Or the cordless phone would be stashed in drawer. :lol:

(The Beloved One absent-mindedly did the switcheroos)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I would come home from work to find milk in the dishes cupboard and the associated cereal box in the fridge... Or the ice cream would be in the fridge instead of the freezer. Or the cordless phone would be stashed in drawer. :lol:

(The Beloved One absent-mindedly did the switcheroos)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Your post made me dig in the freezer one more time and Ta da:

9CFE0F05-DD0B-4C01-B3E5-F8AA4316690F.jpeg
it was sitting below a couple
frozen steaks that I was contemplating for dinner. The End.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My daughter lost her top retainer last year. I was determined to not have to pay hundreds to replace it (or rather have to lay out the money and take away my daughter's allowance forever to "reimburse" me).

I finally made the appointment with the orthodontist to replace after we could not find for a week and I was sure my daughter's beautiful teeth would shift because they were so bad before braces and the braces had only been off for a few months.

Then, completely unrelated, I did my weekly vacuuming. When I pushed the vacuum under the sofa the vacuum made that weird loud noise when it sucks up something it should not. You know, like a Lego or a coin, etc.

Luckily I have a bag-less and I opened the dirt canister (yuck) and I found her retainer, and it didn't look damaged at all! I washed with soap and disinfected in vinegar. We kept the orthodontist appointment so she could make sure it was not damaged and not only was it still in perfect shape, the ortho thought the story was funny she didn't charge me.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just this week my husband came into the living room while talking on his cell phone, and declared he could not find his phone.
I said, "You're talking on it." :lol:

The look on his face was priceless!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Finding my kids shoes in the laundey hamper (under the dirty clothes they piled in the night before). Happened too many times to count lol.
Glad you found the brie

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if it wasn't for covid id be over at @jaysonsmom 's house right now offering to sniff out that brei
i always bring mine to room temperature for the day im going to eat it
i know its summer for you, but if you find it today or even tomorrow I'll still eat it
if you have aircon and it was only recently purchased i think it would be fine for longer - hmmm although you have opened it
see this would never happen to me because i would have eatten it !!!
i like a brei to be almost at its best before date before i eat it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and wallets are really cold out of the fridge !
ive found mine in there on several occasions

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Your post made me dig in the freezer one more time and Ta da:

9CFE0F05-DD0B-4C01-B3E5-F8AA4316690F.jpeg

yum
glad you found it
have you eatten the rest yet !

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Kirkland's Brie! :kiss2: Nom Nom Nom!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have once offered to "accidentally" misplace a wheel of Brie (courtesy if my then wonderful French boyfriend, now DH - organic, farm made) behind the heater in my best friend's boyfriend's house.

I was helping her to get out her stuff after he'd cruelly broken up with her after he'd persuaded her to give up her appartement, then (4 weeks later) cheated on her with a mutual friend and when confronted asked her to leave .

She was sobbing all the time.

I was dead serious. My DH thought it a huge waste if Brie but generously offered the stinkiest one we had.

She's classier than me, 'cause she made me take the Brie back home.

We still laugh about it 20 years later.

Man was I dead serious.
Man is she so much better off with her lovely DH now.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

LOL! So glad you found the missing Brie, @jaysonsmom ! :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost an ironing board, the table top kind, couldn't find it for anything then one day I spotted it behind our bedroom door. I guess we didn't close our door much back then!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My all time favorite 'lost thing' story....

DH and I had been married for about 10 years. He takes a shower one day, then, wearing his bath robe (which he'd put on as soon as he got out of the shower - ewwww!) - came in to see me, looking cross.

"Where did you put my towel?" he says, crankily.

"What towel?" say I.

"You know - my orange one! My favorite one! I had it when I got out of the shower but when I got back from putting on my robe - it was gone! Where did you move it to?"

Me - adamant - "Honey, seriously, I have NOT TOUCHED it. I never even SAW it!"

This back and forth goes on for some minutes.....

Him - now very cross - "Well, you MUST have taken it. It's gone. I had it, and now it's gone. it was in the bathroom, for crying out loud! It didn't walk off by itself! You MUST have taken it!"

Me, baffled and rather on the back foot at this point - "Sweetheart, seriously, I haven't touched it. Truly! I promise! Why would I take your towel??"

Him, utterly unconvinced - "You've never liked that towel." (true - it was orange...) "You've taken it. I'll bet you've thrown it out."

DH, now pooped from being so cranky, sits down dejectedly on the lounge chair opposite me.

"Honey..." says I. "What's that?" - pointing to something orange and fluffy peeking out the bottom of his robe.

Husband jumps up, opens robe, and discovers...his towel, wrapped around his waist!

"Hurray!" say I, laughing.

"You've never liked my towel," says he sheepishly while beating a strategic retreat.

Married Life, # 276

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I had a girls day at the beach. We go to fetch something out of the car only to realize the keys are missing. Gone. Vanished! Panicked, we start looking through all of our bags and the cooler and the sand around us...nothing.

I finally start taking everything out of the bags one by one and there they are. A full set of keys...inside of a twizzler candy bag. :doh:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results