shape
carat
color
clarity

Where would you shop for a bathroom mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
So we just found out our seller is planning to take the mirrors above the sinks in our new house. Annoying (since it wasn''t disclosed earlier) but I guess we''ll live. Anyway, I''m trying to figure out how to replace them. In particular, we''re trying to replace this nice oval one in the picture. The first places I thought of were Home Depot and Restoration Hardware, but their websites didn''t seem to have anything like that. Any other ideas? I''m curious how much the replacement cost will be so trying to find some options...

mirror_round.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wouldn't rely on the website for places like Home Depot... they do have mirrors in their stores that they don't have online and their search is horrible...i've seen their bath collections in their stores.

we had a basic mirror like that in our old place, but our new place has real mirrors with wood framing and i love the look they give to the bathrooms, it's more polished. our 2nd bath had a staging mirror that was gone when we bought the house so i had to replace it too. i got a black wide framed mirror to go with the black and white art deco floor tiles for like $30 at target.

pottery barn has a lot of mirrors, west elm, crate and barrel.

also aaron brothers if you have one near you. target has a lot in person, and they are affordable. bed bath and beyond also... i got a square 36" one with a variegated metal frame for our mantel for like $50. but in person for all these places is prob best to see selection.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How strange of them. The best place for inexpensive mirrors is Garden Ridge. Also try Home Depot and Lowes. I believe they have oval mirrors like that.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the ideas, ladies. Dianne, Lowes looks promising -- thanks for that tip. I''ll have to check out the store and see how they look in person.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's annoying! Ditto Tacori on Pottery Barn. I got a really great frameless mirror there for my half bath that has a cool outline. It's the one on the top right in the picture. Eleanor Frameless Mirrors

img30m.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am replacing one of those in my new house with a framed mirror. Besides Lowes, I saw some nice and inexpensive ones at Kirklands.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
lamps plus has pretty good online selection...

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
If you have one nearby Marshall''s or TJMaxx Homegoods occasionally have great finds. We bought our huge beveled bathroom mirror in a solid white wooden frame there for about $50.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
When we moved into our townhouse (a rental) there was no mirror in the downstairs bathroom. 2.5 years later, we finally bought one! Lol. We went to Bed Bath & Beyond and were able to get a nice cheap one. I really didn''t want to spend much since we don''t own the place or anything and BB&B is pretty cheap.

Places like Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, etc also had some great ones, I just wasn''t willing to spend $150 for a mirror. Depending on your budget, I would check out those places too.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions! It''s true I wouldn''t mind a good deal, so I will try some of those places. I just really liked how the old one looked (thought the shape was perfect for the space and liked the frameless but with what I think are called "beveled edges") and want to replicate it. So I think I''ll just have to hit a bunch of stores and see things in person until I find it. The other one she''s taking is much easier to replace -- just a big rectangle with a frame. Thanks again -- I wouldn''t have thought of several of these options.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results