shape
carat
color
clarity

Where we first met

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

badger.packer.fan

Rough_Rock
So we''re going to be back in our old college town, where we frist met. I''m planning on taking her to some a coffee shop we use to go to all the time and study together. Then dinner at this restaurant we went to before we went to see Les Mis when we were both in school. After that, dessert at this place we stopped at after the Nutcracker. Then hopefully, we get sometime to take a moonlit stroll along the lake, where I will drop to my knee and ask her to marry me, hopefully eloquently:) After, we head back to our hotel room, where somehow I managed to get a friend to bring in some roses and have candles lit all around the room.

What do you think? Any suggestions to make this more memorable?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I love proposals that involve shared history, favorite moments...so I think your idea is wonderful!

As for suggestions, do you think she will "catch on" with all that walking down memory lane? One of my good friends planned something similar but the last place he took her was somewhere neither of them had ever been (he researched it well, though) and used that to begin his "I want to start our life together now" speech..someplace romantic, unexpected (when they went to this "new" place she was totally thrown off track..earlier in the night she thought something was up but had totally changed her mind as they headed off to places unknown) and now another new memory!

and he''s also kind of sneaky, he had a digital voice recorder in his pocket and we all got to hear his entire proposal
3.gif

badger.packer.fan

Rough_Rock
Would it be such a bad thing if she anticipated it? I''m actually hoping that I build up the moment, making her more and more anxious as the day progresses, then when we''re taking our moonlit walk along the lake, propse. I''m thinking it might make it more memorable that way. Then afterwards, head back to the hotel and rest in the whirlpool, where I have gotten the hotel stall to come in, bring roses and light candles around the whirlpool.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 7:44:37 PM
Author: badger.packer.fan
Would it be such a bad thing if she anticipated it? I''m actually hoping that I build up the moment, making her more and more anxious as the day progresses, then when we''re taking our moonlit walk along the lake, propse. I''m thinking it might make it more memorable that way. Then afterwards, head back to the hotel and rest in the whirlpool, where I have gotten the hotel stall to come in, bring roses and light candles around the whirlpool.

I think a day''s worth of anticipation and wonder is really cool & exciting! Your plan sounds great- she''ll have butterflies all day, waiting to see what happens....you will let us know how it goes (& of course post ring photos
2.gif
) ,right?!

badger.packer.fan

Rough_Rock
I''m wondering if I should propose at the lake under the moon, or should I wait until we get back to the hotel room where the candles and roses will magically appear?

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Badger - I vote outside.
Abi

Tenwood

Rough_Rock
My vote is for the lakeside proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results