shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to stay in Manhatten?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hey, We are planning on visting some friends who live near 88th in MANHATTAN. Anyone have any idea where a good place to stay would be that I would not spend an arm and a leg to stay?????

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
W. 88th or E. 88th?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm.. I am thinking W. 88th

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine: once upon a time (about 6 months ago) I was told that if you visit craig''s list there are apartments available for rent for not too much moolah. You might try that route...I believe it was my husband''s cousin who is a world-traveler who told us about it. Worth a try, anyway...Manhatten hotels ARE an arm and a leg!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Starset

Shiny_Rock
I think we paid around $200/night at the Gracie Inn. We had a wedding to go to and it was on the UE Side.
It''s like staying at your aunt''s house - apartment style. It had a small kitchen and air conditioning (thank goodness!)

I just love that area. I could walk around all day looking into museums and galleries. Not to mention you are close to the MET the MOMA and Guggenheim.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hotel Newton
This Upper West Sider makes a smart choice for travelers willing to lose some frills while still maintaining their dignity. The hotel''s clean, kitsch-free rooms come with large bathrooms, basic amenities, and refined touches like cherry wood desks and headboards. Doubles start at $105 while suites—which can comfortably house four—will set you back at least $175.
• 2528 Broadway, between 94th and 95th Sts., 212-678-6500, thehotelnewton.com

My parents have stayed here & liked it. It''s fairly basic & economical & close to where your friends live.

When are you coming to NYC? Maybe I''ll run into you...
1.gif

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
hey... thats my neighborhood.
1.gif

actaully east or west it doesnt matter too much. the 86th crosstown will put you at either side in minutes.

as for rates: shop in advance. (well in advance) the prices have gone up for summer.

depending on how long you are staying...and if you want to splurge a little maybe... this is a really cute place ... and prices arent too bad usually.. its on E 87. not far from transit...

http://www.franklinhotel.com

check and see what the cross streets are. i might be able to point you in a little better direction after that..

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results