shape
carat
color
clarity

where to put your ring when you go swimming?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
I was curious to know if anyone has any suggestions. I usually leave my house in the morning at 8am, have class until the afternoon and then swim (laps at the university pool) for an hour before going home. So far, I have been leaving my ring at home because I obviously can''t wear it in the pool and I was too paranoid to leave it in the locker. Of course, that means that I can never wear my ring because I swim every day! Does anyone have a similar problem? Thanks!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing I wear to go swimming is my Rolex. I''ve lost earrings in swimming pools, so I won''t wear anything except a watch.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve left my ring in a gym locker (with a combination padlock on it!) when I''ve needed to. But I definitely suggest putting it somewhere you''ll remember it - not hanging off one of the hooks ony to realize later you''ve forgotten it. I''ve never had a problem.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Best place to leave it is home.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
how about taking a little velvet pouch with you in your gym bag and put it in there before you lock it in a locker? That''s what I do with my jewlery at the gym.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, leave your jewelry at home! My gym (which is really nice) had break-ins lately. We''re not sure who would do such a thing -- it''s in a nice area of town with an exclusive membership. Even so... A woman''s wedding set was stolen and she had locked her locker with one of those combination locks. Either the lock was flimsy or it was jimmied -- but someone broke into it. I''d be heartbroken!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
How about bringing a small chain and wearing it around your neck? I don''t go swimming often, so I don''t have many ideas. Usually when I go swimming, I leave it at home, but since you swim everyday, that''ll mean you won''t get to wear your ring at all.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
no, I would leave it at home as well....

you dont want to wear it around your neck while swimming either...you should not expose your ring to all those nasty chemicals....its not good for it!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the replies! I''m thinking I should just leave it at home on days I go swimming. Even though that means I can''t wear it for the rest of the day, at least I won''t have to worry about it.
1.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 2:19:26 AM
Author: Milly
How about bringing a small chain and wearing it around your neck? I don''t go swimming often, so I don''t have many ideas. Usually when I go swimming, I leave it at home, but since you swim everyday, that''ll mean you won''t get to wear your ring at all.
Not a good idea -- if your ring is gold, the chlorine will eat away at the gold alloy.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
This may or may not work, but what about hiding it in your car? If no one sees you hiding it and you leave nothing else "stealable" out the only way it would really get stolen is if someone stole your whole car; someone breaking in your car probably wouldn''t take the time to dig around in all the cracks and crevices for a potentially hidden ring, they''d grab cell phone/money/etc. and go. I actually do this kind of thing a lot (sometimes I hide stuff in the bottom of a box of kleenexes I keep in the back seat!) even though it''s sort of dangerous, I guess if they''re going to steal my car they get a little extra too.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 9:03:39 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
The only thing I wear to go swimming is my Rolex. I''ve lost earrings in swimming pools, so I won''t wear anything except a watch.

What pool was that again?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I won't wear my Rolex in the pool or any other jewelry. I had a friend who got water damage to her watch because the crown was not down properly.

I would just leave my ring at home or if you have to bring it lock it in the glove compartment of your car.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strmrdr quote: "What pool was that again?"

Hee hee

It was the pool on the Queen Elizabeth 2. Forgot to mention, I also wore a bathing suit.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 12:26:23 PM
Author: Sundial
I won''t wear my Rolex in the pool or any other jewelry. I had a friend who got water damage to her watch because the crown was not down properly.

I would just leave my ring at home or if you have to bring it lock it in the glove compartment of your car.
That just happened to my Son''s Rolex that was passed down to him from my Husband. Too costly to fix too. What a bummer.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote leave the ring at home. I never swim with jewelry on.

Linda

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the pool. Our pool uses a saline solution instead of chlorine, so I feel comfortable swimming with my rings on.

In your case, is there someone you know well and can trust who works at the pool? If so, maybe you could give him/her your rings to hold onto while you do your laps. If not, I too would leave my ring at home.

Have you considered getting a replica ring? That way you could take your chances with the locker, and still be able to wear a ring every day.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Just leave it at home. Its not worth potentially damaging your ring or losing it....I dont wear my e-ring to work because of this reason (I am a nurse). I am constantly banging my hands, washing my hands, getting messy, etc,, and to me, its just not worth the mental anguish if something were to happen to it...yeah, I work a lot, so that means I dont wear my ring a ton, but it feels extra special the days I do have it on my finger!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my platinum e-ring everywhere at all times. I wear it in our hot tub (treated with bromine, not chlorine). I also wear my Citizen Ecodrive watch in there all the time and never have a problem.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine. I don''t think chlorine affects platinum. Correct me if I am wrong....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 1:48:48 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 6/1/2006 12:26:23 PM
Author: Sundial
I won''t wear my Rolex in the pool or any other jewelry. I had a friend who got water damage to her watch because the crown was not down properly.

That just happened to my Son''s Rolex that was passed down to him from my Husband. Too costly to fix too. What a bummer.
Kaleigh
yeah....make sure the crown is screw down tight.i wear mine in the pool ,no problem.

btw; it will cost anywhere from $250-$400 to do an overhaul ,depending on parts it needs and where you go to have it repair.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 10:24:46 AM
Author: lmurden
I keep it right on my finger!
2.gif
HI:

I''m with you sister! And I keep my Ebel watch on as well. Never had a problem....yet......

cheers--Sfharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results