shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to propose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
Hello, all! My FF and I will be going away for the weekend soon and I thought it would be a great opportunity to propose - the ring is on its way.

Right now I am faced with a dilemma and figured I would get some feedback from the ladies here. At some point during the course of our weekend away, we will be visiting the exact spot where we first told each other that we were in love (with each of course). This was my original pick due to the significance of the spot and the surprise factor, but the fact that it is in a completely unromantic setting is making me question this. To further clarify - the spot is on outdoor concrete steps on her old college campus.

There are a few parks and "gardens" in the area we are staying that would provide a much more beautiful setting, but they don''t have much significance in our relationship.

What option would you prefer for your proposal? Thanks in advance for you input!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would prefer the place with meaning, no question.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i second the steps - I think that would be very special.

who says concrete can''t be romantic? especially if it is later in the evening and there are street lamps and not very many people walking around. besides...large patches of grass don''t exactly equate to "romance" for me!

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your responses!

The proposal would likely take place in the morning, so the street light effect would be nonexistent. Haha. It is also very possible that there will be some hungover college kids roaming around in there PJs.

There is actually a place near the hotel that has a bit more than large patches of grass. Haha. They have rose gardens and the like and from what I remember it is overall a beautiful place. (Not really sure about October though.)

Based on my gut and your responses, I am leaning toward the meaningful spot. Feel free to give any additional feedback as you see fit though. Thanks again!

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
You could even work ''the steps'' into your proposal line, mentioning how you''d like to take the relationship to the next step.

And if you decide that the steps aren''t romantic enough, you could visit them first to set the mood, then propose somewhere closeby that does have more charm.

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely agree...the place with meaning! Good luck

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the help!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The meaning place. I was married on the same day as our first date...XX years later. He orchestrated the surprise ceremony and did it on the THE exact day.

There is a lot of meaning in exact places, times, dates...so go for it! Girls are sappy that way. It is cool, really that you guys appreciate those things.

DKS

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
DKS, what a neat story!

Thanks for the input. I know you are right, but I am just struggling so much with the fact that it is such a weird and unattractive place. I guess the significance of the spot (and the fact that I remembered - lol) will be what is important to her and not whether there were pretty surroundings. Thanks again!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
What about setting up something romatic to follow? Maybe a table at a restaurant for dessert...or a little bistro over looking the lake...mountain view, or a boat ride or copter tour...or what ever your region offers. Football field if it is not occupied. Some place has a sweet spot just for you two!!

If she is an outdoorsy type you can get a blanket and a cooler filled with strawbabies and fruits and cheese and apple juice (fill in your beverage choice) and take her somewhere romantic and just spend some time together.

You are focusing on concrete steps...but you can add more details...you could have the steps carpeted and upholstered!! Just kidding...why not add to your plans and make the evening action packed...and it doesn''t have to cost a fortune...just tune into oneanother.

DKS

glad you liked my story...you didn''t know that I was wearing black. You aren''t suppose to get married in black. Oh poo.

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the continued feedback!

Here were my thoughts for the day -
1. Walk around her old campus and reminisce (she wants to do this) in the morning. When we happen upon the spot where I first said "I love you" I will propose.
2. Drive to the town where we will be spending the weekend(35 min. from proposal spot and 4 hrs from home). My FF always loved to go here and has been talking about going back quite a bit lately.
3. Spend some time at this garden/park that we had been to years ago when visiting this town(weather permitting).
3. Take the FF to a spa for some special treatment.
4. Go out to dinner at a great restaurant that we haven''t been to in years. This was the spot of our second date and we aaalways talk about going back to eat there. We used to be some of their best customers when we were in school.

You think all of the other special parts of the day will outweigh the not-so-romantic-looking environment of the proposal itself? Thanks again.

PS - It sure sounds like black worked for you! Maybe more of us should try this trick.
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Your day sounds perfect! You have all your ducks in a row! And the concrete steps will be just right!

You will come back with details..and photo shoot of the ring? Right? We''ll be counting the days down with you! Your planning is perfect. Don''t doubt a single thing.

DKS

In another post I wrote...you must have missed...but the only photo taken after the ceremony with my wearing of the black, has us in front of a great evergreen tree...and a sign for bail bonds. Oh well, the phone number is on the sign, and just may come in handy some day!
2.gif

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
Hahaha. You''re too funny!

Well, since you asked - here it is...

MRing1.JPG

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
another one...

MRing2.JPG

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
and another one...

MRing3.JPG

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
What concrete steps? She will be blinded by the light..er I mean bling. Wow that is going to win her heart...as if you haven''t already.
2.gif

Maybe those steps are hazardous. It is possible she could fall? I would loose my footing after being presented with that beauty...so be careful!
6.gif

Tell us about the ring. Forgive me if you have already, in another thread, I may have missed it.

DKS

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
Hahahaha! Thanks for the kind words.
9.gif

Here are the specs from GIA:

Measurements: 7.12 - 7.15 x 4.30 mm

Carat Weight: 1.32

Color Grade: H

Clarity Grade: VS2

Cut Grade: Excellent

Proportions:

Depth: 60.3 %

Table: 57 %

Crown Angle: 33.5°

Crown Height: 14.5 %

Pavilion Angle: 40.8°

Pavilion Depth: 43 %

Star length: 50 %

Lower Half: 80 %

Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Excellent

Fluorescence: None

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE the steps idea - soooo thoughtful!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Coming in WAAAAAAAY late here, but I just want to say your whole idea sounds so incredibly romantic. I love that you''re going back to the spot you first said you loved each other. I honestly said, "Awwwwww," out loud. The aesthetics won''t matter. I promise.

Mannolino

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Trey and Princess. I am glad that the feedback keeps coming! (And the fact that there was an audible "awww" definitely helps in the decision making.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results