shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to propose in Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Palentino

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am Spanish and my girlfriend (fiencee to be) is from California (USA), well, I am planning to propose her to marry me soon, my case is that I am from Europe, and we'll be in Los Angeles when this occurs, I need some ideas about what I could arrage there, without letting her know, and surprising her although we've been planning this together, I'd like to surprise her after all, and see her face at that moment.

Thank you for your help

shurikt

Rough_Rock
Wow, the options are pretty limitless, there.

Do you have any preliminary ideas that maybe we could narrow down? Beach, hills, mountains, urban, cultural, artistic, city lights, movie stars?

Start me off here, and maybe we can narrow it down for you.:))

Palentino

Rough_Rock
Hey Shurikt thank you very mucho for your reply
Well, my ideas are focused on Downtown LA, I love that part of the city "the city lights" and we'll probably go to a restaurant and after that I want to ask the big question. I'd like it to be easy for me to arrange and original at the same time.

I'm looking forward for your ideas, and thank you again.

shurikt

Rough_Rock
Let's see... There isn't a whole lot going on Downtown LA. By that, I mean the original downtown where all the tall buildings are. There are several hotels there, but no nightlife.

There is the opera, the theater and the symphony there... You could go to a concert and have dinner at one of the fancier hotels, but still, no nightlife to speak of.

Opera:
http://www.losangelesopera.com/home/index.asp
Symphony:
http://www.laphil.com/index.cfm
Plays/Musicals:
http://www.centertheatregroup.com/
Dining:
The Pacific Dining Car--typical fancy expensive steakhouse
Restaurant 23--excellent Japanese food/Sushi in a funky downtown warehouse
Water Grill--excellent seafood in a beautiful setting
Windows Restaurant--Best view in downtown--atop the Transamerica building, food is Ok.
Nightlife: None.

You might want to consider Hollywood or West LA. There is more nightlife and some excellent restaurants there, too. Definitely more "alive" than downtown.

My favorite WOW! restaurant is Yamashiro, which is nestled in the Hollywood Hills with an incredible view of LA.

Palentino

Rough_Rock
I was thinking about going to Windows Restaurant in the Transamerica Building, and propose there, after thet we would go to celebrate it to Hollywood/West LA area. Moreover it probably will be on her birthday, so we'll have a lot to celebrate that day.:))

I thank you very much for your help, ant I'll consider that restaurant on Hollywood hills.

Thank you

shurikt

Rough_Rock
Good luck!

Palentino

Rough_Rock
I finally did it! I am engaged since Dec 7th

Well I finally came out with an idea, with my friend's help in LA to surprice my girlfriend.

Well, we went to a helicopter tour, from Van nuys Airport towards Getty Center, Santa Monica, Downtown, Griffith Park and Hollywood Sing.

I finally proposed her to marry my while flying over Sta. Monica during sunset.

It was great.

Finally we went to Toppers in The Radisson Hotel in Sta Monica. It was the perfect night, she will never forget it. well I won't either.

Once again thank you for giving me ideas and reading my case.

Good Luck:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results