shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get a loop txt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I would like to know if anyone owns a loop more than the regular 10x ones and where I can get a decent one. I want one that lets me read girdle inscriptions and if possible see higher clairity Gems and diamonds.

Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can find jewelers loupes in many places and for most people a 10x is fine but many prefer a 30x.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
20X may be better for inscription viewing, generally. I forget where I got mine...no place fancy.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebay!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
As far as I understand it, triplet lenses will provide better colour and lower distortion particularly at the edges, but for the purpose of reading a laser inscription, a doublet should be good enough. However, since the better lens is cheaper, why buy another 3 that have very limited use???

Icce

Shiny_Rock
lol, good point! I guess I will get the 8 dollar one. I was wondering if I should get a Bausch&lomb ones cause of the better imagie quality but all I need to do is match incriptions really to know if they are my moms. I can save an extra 30 dollars if this one works I guess

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I have three 10x loupes, one is very fine and two are inexpensive.

I can easily read laser inscriptions with the fine one but not with the others - even though they are all 10x.

A better loupe has higher resolution and lower distortion, which have nothing to do with magnification power.
A low-quality high-power loupe may give you disappointing performance compared to a lower-power high-quality one.
This is anti-intuitive and also applies to microscopes, binoculars and telescopes.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Spend enough to get a high quality loupe. You will have it for years [I still have [and use] the 10x one I bought 35 years ago!]. I got a 15x a few years ago but I find myself using the 10x more frequently.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i just bought one at a coin shop, i think it was a 10x triplet and it works great at inpecting my rings, i''m sure there are some good ones on ebay as well

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all, I spend more and got a Bausch & Lomb triplet version. Hope it works good enough...and I will let you know how it is. Maybe I could of just bought an eye piece for my microscope (my brother lost it a few years ago), still might replace that too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results