shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find wedding dresses in NYC...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dknyc

Rough_Rock
Does anybody know of good places to buy wedding dresses in New York City. I am working on a tight budget and am looking for something under $700. Is this possible in the city?????

lickout.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That IS a tight budget for NYC, but can you try places in LI (like David's Bridal), also I just remembered there is a place in NYC called R.K. Bridal.

They have all types of dresses from Demetrios to McClintock... I remember going there with my friend and honestly, I remember the LINES to get a fitting room, and you have to sign your name until they call you to get a "bridal consultant" to help you. Limit of 6 dresses per visit, i think but they seemed helpful and I remember the prices were definately $2000 to $$200.

I also know that some Pronovias (regular line, not couture) gowns are actually quite pretty and affordable compared to others I saw. It's a nice line, you may want to look into it. All around the fashion district there are dress places, so go into some of them and ask as well. I walked into a tiny shop that looked like a production room, and the lady showed me to a nice backroom where I saw Vera Wangs and Monique Lhullier gows for A LOT less... you have to do some digging...

GOOD LUCK!!!

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
I definitely recommend RK bridal. Theyre on 39th between 8th and 9th ave. Huge selection and super nice people. Granted you get more attention if youre shopping for bridal gowns (we just did BM there) but they have so much to choose from. They have two pricing packages, frills and no frills. no frills is significantly less expensive- you just order the gown in your size, get altered somewhere else. we did this for the BMs because they are all over the country and they can mail dresses to individual addresses. the frills price is more but they measure you and make sure you get the right size and then alterations are no more than $65 or something ridiculous like that.

good luck!

Colleen

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine at RK, jsut over $700, but there's plenty to choose from in that range. I worked with Cheryl - she was s weetheart. I do not reccomend the bridal garden. They sell used dresses that are donated and give a percentageto charity - sounds nice, but all the dresses were filthy, and the lady there told me I was an "odd size" for them, and that they usually only get brides in size 0-2. I'm a 10. Even if I was double my size they could have said it nicely. Basically, she was calling me too fat for the store, and it really hurt my feelings. HELLO, it's supposed to be a day where you feel beautiful. Anyway, I gave the ma big old thumbs down, and RK was a big thumbs up!

dknyc

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your help! I'll definitely check out RK Bridal.
1.gif

NYCbride

Rough_Rock
Try Kleinfelds

http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/

joeybaby

Rough_Rock
There is going to be a vera wang sample in NYC on Dec 4 or 5th. that same weekend there is going to be a sample sale at saks fifth ave. for more info you can go to www.dailycandy.com it''s a website dedicaded to sample sales in NYC. search vera wang and all of the sample sale info should come up. some her dress go for $500 and bridesmade dresses start at $50, it''s worth checking out.

soontobemarried

Rough_Rock
I went to a great place called RK bridal ( they are a few blocks from times square). I believe 37th and 8th. I was served by a girl called Amber ( ask for her) she was fantastic and you can easily get a dress for under $700.

You can also try the shops around the 34th streets.

How could I forget - Macy''s has a good bridal section

( I went to Davids Bridal, but wouldnt recommend the store in Queens, just because i found the staff unprofessional and not very helpful)

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results