shape
carat
color
clarity

where to buy loose sapphires?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cads18

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know of a reputable online jeweler (or local NY jeweler) who sells sapphires? I was thinking of an emerald cut sapphire engagement ring as an alternative to the traditional diamond.

Thanks.
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Deep, Rich Ceylon Blue? Madagascar Electric Blue? The picture really doesn't do the color justice...

madagascar_sapphire.bmp

Nah, we don't know anything about them
9.gif
How about a little Burmese?

burmese_sapphire1.bmp

gg

Rough_Rock
WOW!!
love.gif

That Burmese has the most gorgeous color, no hint of purple on my monitor! I'd love to see the real thing!

My dream would be to own one in a round, not too big, maybe about 1.5 to 2 carats and set it as a center stone in a 3 stone ring.

Are sapphires like tanzanites in that the bigger stones show more saturation and deeper color?

noles9498

Rough_Rock
I'm going to add my $.02 and again encourage someone to get a sapphire engagement ring, since I did not. Pleeeeeease do!!!!

appl.gif

cads18

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/11/2003 12:52
6.gif
0 AM niceice wrote:

Deep, Rich Ceylon Blue? Madagascar Electric Blue? The picture really doesn't do the color justice...

Nah, we don't know anything about them How about a little Burmese?

----------------
I'm new to this, and I'm not sure of all the different types of sapphires available, but I like the color of the deep ceylon blue sapphire. What other type has a deep blue color to it? Any ideas of cost of an emerald cut under 1.5 ct?
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Cads, none of the dealers here on PS can quote prices or solicite sales on the threads so we're trying to walk a very fine line here in an attempt to answer your questions... Here are a few sapphires that might be "the look" you are looking for:

TPR7262Madagascar203ct.jpg

The sapphire pictured above was sourced from Madagascar and weighs 2.03 carats, it measures approximately 7.65 x 5.3 x 4.65 mm and is a deep rich blue color... As with most sapphires, it was heat treated to improve the natural color to the rich deep blue it is now... Note that subtle differences in monitor calibration and what the camera sees the gem color makes it impossible to provide a true representation of color for any of these gems on-line...

TPR4374Madagascar214carat.jpg

The sapphire pictured above was also sourced from Madagascar, but it is more of a royal blue color with just a hint of purple in it... The sapphire weighs 2.14 carats and measures 6.6 x 6 x 5 mm and is also heat treated... Same disclosure for the color and appearance as stated above...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results