shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy I3 color or worse, 2,0-3,5 carat?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sergio

Rough_Rock
Where to buy I3 or worse, 2,0-3,5 carat?
I'm interesting in buying a cutted diamond for a gent's ring
of low quality, but big. Actually it could be not transparent
at all and of any color, exept grey or brown.
I did not find in the Internet a diamond of a color poorer
than M. (M-I2 - 2,09 for $1829 at DirtCheap)
Does it exist at all? Or there is no market for such kind of stone?
And how do gemologists price it? or it is a nonjewellery quality
and out of price range?
Thanks for any consideration and advice ...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Interesting question, Sergio.

I also didn't find lower color and clarity grade diamonds in the web.

Sergio

Rough_Rock
Yeahh... The way which diamonds I2-I3 go - is a secret of Diamond industry? Due to natural origin of the diamonds the I3 must be the most often and usual item, but in reality - its most rare :))) May be Diamond Bussines trys keep the high price level so all Imperfects go to a Secret Chamber somewhere deep in Jungle? :))

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen I3 stones on eBay before..maybe take a look there. Sometimes they sell them in bulk or they just want to get rid of a large stone or two. Good luck!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 11/20/2002 7:08:50 AM

Due to natural origin of the diamonds the I3 must be the most often and usual item, but in reality - its most rare :))) May be Diamond Bussines trys keep the high price level so all Imperfects go to a Secret Chamber somewhere deep in Jungle? :))

----------------

Most diamonds of I3 and worse are used for industrial purposes or just broken up for use as grit. You don't see them often because they're tough to sell, even to rubes, because they look awful.

Sergio

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Mara... I've seen already 3.11 SI3 - G color at eBay... but it was the only case...
Actually, I don't feel that low end diamonds look awfull... It's just a creatures of the Mother Nature... I like untreated ones also... I'm dreaming about diamond full of milky clouds and black carbon stars in the sky of transparent areas :))))) It's certanly must be I3....:))

I'm just wondering why is it no choice at all for such kind of diamonds?
If it goes for industrial purposes for a $45 per a carat , why there is no offer for collectioners or just for fun for $600-1000? I simply don't understand....

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 11/20/2002 3:22:19 PM

I'm dreaming about diamond full of milky clouds and black carbon stars in the sky of transparent areas :))))) It's certanly must be I3....:))

I'm just wondering why is it no choice at all for such kind of diamonds? If it goes for industrial purposes for a $45 per a carat , why there is no offer for collectioners or just for fun for $600-1000? I simply don't understand....
----------------

They are out there, they are just tough to find because as you suspect, they are pretty much collector's stones only. When a big piece of rough is that included, the cutters usually try to cut off less included pieces to make small salable stones if they can. I've seen the odd faceted I3-or-worse diamond in published photos, but I don't know if I've ever come across one for sale. All I can tell you is keep looking and asking...

Kathy

Rough_Rock
Sergio,

Check out http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=983287167. It is a 4 carat I2-I3 in I color.

Kathy

Rough_Rock
Check this out too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=983296027

Sergio

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot,Kathy and LawGem...
I'll be looking around for such kind of diamonds...
I don't feel comfortable with eBay buy- mostly such kind of stone goes with no certificate, no return or 20% refund fee... I'll never buy it under so strict and severe conditions...
Another problem- I'm eager to get some funny look diamonds, not looking like a crushed ice...
ok, will see...

reflecting

Rough_Rock
Hello Sergio,
We deal in I2s & I3s any size - have a good solid inventory of them.
Do contact us if you require them.
contact us at: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results