shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy green MRB?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,
Anyone know of retailers with good selections for green MRB lab diamonds?

I visited a couple sites online, but most of their selections were quite paltry and only coming in at Good to Very Good grades for things like symmetry, polish, etc. Looking for 0.7 to 1.5 carat options with Excellent gradings across the board.

USA sellers preferred, but might be willing to venture to foreign sources if the selection, quality, and pricing are favorable.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
You lookin' to, uh, you know, adopt anyone?

Haha I’ve already got my hands full with a newborn and a toddler. I should have specified small purchases lol but my point is I love them! They have great customer service and I’ve been super happy with them.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Haha I’ve already got my hands full with a newborn and a toddler. I should have specified small purchases lol but my point is I love them! They have great customer service and I’ve been super happy with them.

Thank you for the vote of confidence about NWD!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd be super interested to see what folks are calling "green"
It seems like it's an unobtainable color, unless it's blue green.
Same for yellow in Lab Grown Diamonds.......it seems far more of a challenge as compared with blue or pink

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'd be super interested to see what folks are calling "green"
It seems like it's an unobtainable color, unless it's blue green.
Same for yellow in Lab Grown Diamonds.......it seems far more of a challenge as compared with blue or pink

Yes, it sure is. Green lab diamonds are made by supposedly irradiating yellow diamonds in order to create different colors, such as purple or green. The problem is that there is no definitive way to know what the end result will be, in terms of color saturation, uniformity, and intensity.

My sister has been wanting a green diamond for some time now and she mentioned the possibility of looking at lab grown options, but I told her that her quest in that is likely to be just as arduous as trying to find a natural green diamond that meets her wants.

Figured I'd ask her and see what the more seasoned PS'ers and colored diamond aficionados could tell me.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Ouros Jewels on Etsy had a *really* nice green elongated cushion a week ago. I say really nice because of the color. It was a light army green. Not that “super saturated” at all. No hint of blue or “forest” green at all. It was so nice in fact that I, someone who detests the color green, was immediately tempted to buy. Nice cut too. But not MRB :( It sold in a hot jiffy. But maybe Vijay would be able to source another? He had a spectacular pink a few months ago. Also a great color and not too saturated.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Green lab diamonds are made by supposedly irradiating yellow diamonds in order to create different colors, such as purple or green.

This is not correct- and I can't blame you for posting it...there's so much misinformation out there.
Lab Grown Yellow diamonds are rare- mainly because they really don't have the process down to get consistent, non brassy orangy yellow colors.
IN Earth Mined Diamonds, Radiation is what causes the green- and it's an issue because GIA has trouble distinguishing stones that were exposed to radiation naturally, versus man-made. For this reason, a fair percentage of natural green diamonds get classified as "Undetermined" as opposed to "Natural". Cutters now need to submit the diamond in the rough so GIA can assess the origin of the radiation, but I digress....

It was a light army green.

Any chance of a screenshot? I've seen quite a few blue greens- and of course many pink lab grown diamonds...but I haven't seen pure green

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This is not correct- and I can't blame you for posting it...there's so much misinformation out there.
Lab Grown Yellow diamonds are rare- mainly because they really don't have the process down to get consistent, non brassy orangy yellow colors.
IN Earth Mined Diamonds, Radiation is what causes the green- and it's an issue because GIA has trouble distinguishing stones that were exposed to radiation naturally, versus man-made. For this reason, a fair percentage of natural green diamonds get classified as "Undetermined" as opposed to "Natural". Cutters now need to submit the diamond in the rough so GIA can assess the origin of the radiation, but I digress....

Any chance of a screenshot? I've seen quite a few blue greens- and of course many pink lab grown diamonds...but I haven't seen pure green

I was just going by the info that I read in regards to synthetic/lab grown diamonds that are green.
Here are a couple of sites that I found in the past couple/few days that give their take about the creation process:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

I was looking but I don’t have it :( it wasn’t a true green, it was probably a little yellow. But it was my favorite color green, as someone who hates green haha! Definitely not a “pure” green, but pretty enough for me!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here are a couple of sites that I found in the past couple/few days that give their take about the creation process:

AS a general rule: Sites that direct you toward specific sellers- or those that are advertising diamonds themselves need to be taken in context.....they're sales tools, as opposed to education sites.
This really does call the "information" posed as questionable.....

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
My idea of a green diamond is the "Dresden" green! Now that I would love to see in LG!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
AS a general rule: Sites that direct you toward specific sellers- or those that are advertising diamonds themselves need to be taken in context.....they're sales tools, as opposed to education sites.
This really does call the "information" posed as questionable.....

Understandable and in agreement

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

Hmmm, I had the impression that yellow was do-able even early on, and the challenge was getting them to be white. This article is from 2003: https://www.wired.com/2003/09/diamond/

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Interesting..... I’d have to do some research about Gemisis and what happened there. Obviously they weren’t successful selling Lab Grown diamonds. It is true ( and possibly interesting) that synthetic diamonds have been produced since the ‘50’s for industrial purposes.
But coming back to the present: Based on personal experience, the vast majority of LG diamonds that are “off white” - JKLM colors are grey/brown. As opposed to leaning towards yellow.
Also based on personal experience- the process to turn them blue and pink is fairly well developed- there’s plenty of blues and pinks on the market. Yellow? Not so much and what I’ve seen personally was brassy and orangey yellow. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist.... but surely limited.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting..... I’d have to do some research about Gemisis and what happened there.
Gemesis was one of the pioneers of LG's as an industry rather than a scientific novelty. They've rebranded a couple of times but their corporate descendant is Pure Grown. They're still in business. I'm pretty sure they don't sell greens at the moment but it wouldn't hurt to ask 'em.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
D.Nea had a few greens several years ago (I'm, uh, kinda out of practice hahaha) -- it doesn't look like they sell direct to consumers, but I am specifically thinking of a super cool yellow-and-blue diamond with randomly-distributed small-scale zoning such that it probably *looked* green from a distance but on the magnified shot it was yellow-and-blue. No idea how they pulled that off! Do, uh, do D.Nea work with consumers any more? (I bet it's on here somewhere; sorry for my ignorance!)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
D.Nea had a few greens several years ago (I'm, uh, kinda out of practice hahaha) -- it doesn't look like they sell direct to consumers, but I am specifically thinking of a super cool yellow-and-blue diamond with randomly-distributed small-scale zoning such that it probably *looked* green from a distance but on the magnified shot it was yellow-and-blue. No idea how they pulled that off! Do, uh, do D.Nea work with consumers any more? (I bet it's on here somewhere; sorry for my ignorance!)

I just used their online entry form (bottom of their home page) to ask if they have any green lab grown diamonds available.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Soi, limited selection, and only one round, but Yadav has a few green diamonds (definitely blue tones to them though) on their website. Not sure how they feel about trying to source one, but they could be a possibility!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Soi, limited selection, and only one round, but Yadav has a few green diamonds (definitely blue tones to them though) on their website. Not sure how they feel about trying to source one, but they could be a possibility!

Thank you very much!
I will pass this along to my sister.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Good lookin' out - thank you! I'll send the link to my sis.

No problem! Seems like more greens are popping up here and there, the color on this one is nice too! Not too saturated :)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I stand corrected! There indeed are green LG diamonds- and pretty ones at that!
I have gotten better info......more coming....

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results