shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy earring screw replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaxineRet

Rough_Rock
I can''t believe the screw on my screwback diamond studs earrings just fell off. I''ve only had them for less than 6 months. I am backtracking but can''t find it. I am lucky that I didn''t lose my earring. It was still on my ear. Any suggestions on where I can get a replacement? I bought it from BN. I called them and they said it was $40 to replace the platinum screw, or $15 for white gold. What do you think? They said it was one size fits all - true?

Thanks!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
If you bought the earrings from them, I would get the replacement screwback from them. I am sure it will match since they sold you the originals.

I have heard some bad things about screwbacks lately. I think will not opt for them when I finally get my studs.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The pricing seems about right to me, not a bargain, but not a hold up either.

I prefer the protector back style (formerly sold in a similar style called La Pousette) for a couple of reasons.

1. Less likely to loose the nut.

2. The post is thinner thus causing less irritation of the ears.

3. Without the threads there is not the collection of detritus (deak skin cells, bacteria, viruses, etc) that collects in the threads, so there is less likelyhood of infection.

I agree with the previous poster, as actually there are various sizes available, so if you buy from blue nile you will be getting the appropriate size for your post.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results