shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy a quality tungsten carbide wedding band?

JC7

Rough_Rock
I proposed with a white gold 3/4 ct. radiant cut in a cathedral halo setting, milgrain edges, filigree on the sides, etc... she LOVED it :D Now it's my turn. I can't wait till I can wear a wedding band but I want something that will look good day after day. I do a lot with my hands (workout, house work, yard work, etc.) so I'm leaning toward tungsten carbide, 8mm wide with beveled edges to be exact. We were thinking about going through Tungsten World but I recently read some negative reviews about them "tarnishing" quickly. I don't know if these complaints are legit or just posted by the competition so I was hoping you guys could help.

I'd like to hear your personal experiences. Have any of you or your husbands purchased a tungsten ring that still looks new even after years of use? Where did you get it? Thanks for your help!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubs wears a tungsten band - he loves it. It never looks any different from day to day - no scratches - and it's such a gorgeous color! (i can't imagine it tarnishing)

Let me do a quick search online and try to remember where we bought it....brb.

EDIT: we got his band at http://www.eweddingbands.com - i think his ring was $100 or something like that - his is a pipe cut band, about 6 mm i think.

JC7

Rough_Rock
How long has he had it?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I've bought and worn 2 tungsten bands on ebay, $35 and they look great. I don't think it's even possible for tungsten to tarnish? It's not metal...

JC7

Rough_Rock
MustangGal said:
I've bought and worn 2 tungsten bands on ebay, $35 and they look great. I don't think it's even possible for tungsten to tarnish? It's not metal...
I didn't think they should tarnish, which is why I'm questioning the quality of the rings from Tungsten World. I've read that it could be the cobalt or nickel that makes the rings tarnish.

e-weddingbands seems to have good reviews all around, maybe I'll go with them

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My DH has been wearing a tungsten band (7mm comfort-fit) for almost a year and a half, and I can see no signs of tarnish, scratches, or any other blemishes. The surface is as perfect as it was the day we got it.

We bought DH's ring through Perry Olsen (found it originally on their Amazon-affiliated site). On their website, they have a whole bunch of men's tungsten rings. I found them to be quick and reliable both times we ordered from them (yup, I ordered two--DH left his first ring in an airport bathroom about two months after our wedding). Link: http://www.perryolsen.com.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JC7 said:
How long has he had it?

He's been wearing it for almost a year, but he never takes it off and it gets wet all the time etc. I would *think* that it would have tarnished by now if it was going to, although he doesn't take it off, so i dunno. With all my silver jewelry, the only time it tarnishes is when i HAVEN'T worn it in a long time. Even my silver rings don't tarnish if I'm wearing them all the time.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
I'd be suggesting e-weddingbands too. We've bought wedding bands through them (yellow gold, and palladium), and they were a pleasure to deal with. My fiance thinks both bands look of high quality, so I can't see why tungsten carbide ones would be any different.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We bought DH's ring from Tungsten Pride (http://www.tungstenpride.com). They allow you to pick from a variety of designs (and finishes), and you can choose any width down to the mm (most websites I found only had rings in a few standard widths and DH didn't 6mm or 8mm, but since 8mm is pretty standard you might not mind that). The real reason I picked them is because they can engrave - many places can't and your typical jewelry store won't have the equipment to do it after you buy it.

Their customer service was also very good. DH choose too big of a size and they were unable to resize (they can actually size up a bit, but not down). We couldn't return it because of the engraving, but they let us buy another ring at half price which was very nice of them.

Because of the lack of sizing, if I did it again I would probably buy the ring first, then send it back to be engraved after we made sure it was the right size. DH has never worn a ring before so it was hard for him to settle on the perfect size just using those jewelry store sizing rings.

DH has worn his band daily for over a year and it looks identical to the day we bought it.

greghostern

Rough_Rock
I bought my tungsten carbide ring from www.infinitytungsten.com and i got mine for a pretty good deal and it was shipped really fast to me. they can also engrave and customize the ring for you as well

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
http://artcarvedbridal.com/productcontent.do?cid=59&cid1=59&all=true#

This is my husband's wedding band. We bought it three years ago, and he wears it everyday. No tarnishing, no dulling - it still looks brand new. He loves the color and the sturdy feel of the ring. I'm sure you can find a tungsten ring for cheaper than what we paid (if I recall, it was approx. $300). It's a really a great alternative to gold or platinum.

Edit: ok, the link shows a white gold band. Disregard that :cheeky:

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
We bought my husband's tungsten wedding band from Finks. I swear he took FOREVER (at way too many places) searching for just the right band and he really honestly loves his because it's a simple, comfort fit band that has the coolest blue/grey tint to the metal. The color was what mainly attracted him to the band. We've been married a little over 3 years and the ring still looks fantastic and has the same shine, no tarnishing!
ringsetinvite.jpg

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I got my husband's TC wedding band through amazon.com, and he's a hard core car hobbyist who works on cars all the time with it on and it still looks great. We got it at Amazon for about $75, and they have the same one at other stores for over $400.

BTW, I work for a power tool manufacturer, and I asked our metallurgist what the best metal ring was for a guy who would wear it with working on cars/getting various chemicals on it and whatnot and he recommended TC for it's durability and because the finish won't wear off.

Cj

CatrinaKitty

Rough_Rock
Bought my husband's band from Tungsten World about 3 years ago. Haven't experienced any of the problems people are talking about. Although I was pretty cautious before buying (never bought jewelry online before!). I was most worried about sizing to be honest but I saw really good Tungsten World reviews on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TungstenWorld Of course, they had great reviews on their site too http://www.tungstenworld.com/Tungsten-World-Reviews-testimonials/,, so I went ahead and purchased. He wears his ring everyday and we've recommended it to friends, so things worked out really well for us.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results