shape
carat
color
clarity

Where should the bottom of the back pockets fall on jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m on a quest for some new jeans this year (per my other thread) and one thing I''ve noticed is that most of the jeans I''m trying have back pockets that are set low enough that they are not just on my bum but on my upper thigh too. Is this how they are supposed to fit? It just looks weird to me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the pockets look weird on you, then those styles of jeans aren''t appropriate for your build. Where are you shopping? Ask the sales gal which jeans have higher pockets and try some of those on. One pair of my Chip and Pepper have really low pockets and those seem to work because I''m trying to create the illusion of a bigger back side! lol

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
MC--Maybe that''s my problem. My backside is already big enough and the pockets just look strange when they hang low! I''m shopping mail order only. There is no place in my area that carries the designer jeans. So, I do a lot of ordering and returning from places with free shipping.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe Try Paige jeans. I think those had pockets that were too small for me. Also, AG jeans are great for smaller pockets.

There are loads of websites that list which jeans work for certain shapes. . .Here is one:

http://www.shapeyourstyle.com/jeans.php

There are loads more too. That is how I found to try the Chip and Pepper ones.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another good site to help find the right jeans for your body type: zafu

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ID, I have a bigger, ahem, booty...I like the way Joe's Jeans pockets end up being positioned on my backside. They're not too high up but definitely not too low, i.e. they don't come down past the lower booty region, if that makes sense. Joes can be found on Bluefly and Loehmann's websites now...but I'm unsure of whether you'll be able to find wide-legged styles on those sites if you're still in the market for those. HTH! ETA: "Honey" is the style preferred by us curvier gals..." I think "provocateur" is a flattering one as well. Also, Lucky brand jeans come in really dark washes and are very forgiving, and you may be able to find some where the pockets don't hit as low.
35.gif

ETA again: I keep remembering things as I hit "submit!" I wanted to say that if you're looking for a trouser style wide leg jean, keep in mind that some of them come with regular (non-patch) pockets on the booty, just like trousers. You know how some trousers/slacks have just a button closure on the back pocket, that's what I'm trying to say here. I have a pair of Blue Star trouser wide legs from about 3 springs ago (the zipper finally broke on them) that I absolutely loved and were so flattering...they did not have the back patch pockets, though, they were made more like actual trousers. So maybe look for back pockets like that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results