shape
carat
color
clarity

Where should I look for this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for some kind of urn/topiary stand thing for a centerpiece. Or a candelabra. I can''t find any that are less than $100!!! I''m wayyyy too cheap to pay that much.
3.gif

Do floral places rent them? Or are there cheap urn/topiary stand thing stores that I don''t know about?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Um, duh, here''s a pic of the candelabra...

rented elegance46464.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
And the urn is in the corner...

large_image53533.jpg

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
speak to your florist, they might have some you could rent.

Have you tried looking at Ross, Marshalls, TJ Max, Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, K-mart, Target or Walmart for those items? It would be in the home decor section. Sometimes you could get them cheap.

eta: Also, if you find something that might work, but is the wrong color, buy it and spray paint it.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 2:31:17 PM
Author: gtn
speak to your florist, they might have some you could rent.

Have you tried looking at Ross, Marshalls, TJ Max, Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, K-mart, Target or Walmart for those items? It would be in the home decor section. Sometimes you could get them cheap.

eta: Also, if you find something that might work, but is the wrong color, buy it and spray paint it.
I should haunt those stores...what am I saying, I already do. That was my plan also - spray paint!

Would it look weird if all other table decor was the same but the vases/urns or candelabras were different?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/vases.html

maybe here, but then again there''s shipping..

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check on your local theknot.com boards. Also on weddingbee.com

Also, if your interested in some sort of candle centerpiece, I know a lady that is selling these. She has 18-19 of them. I''m considering buying 2 of the ivory ones. here''s a pic.

She lives in NYC and I found them on a knot board, in the trash to treasure forum.

Hope this helps! I think they are darling! I''ll attach another pic of what she did with them!

candleh.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what she did w/them. Kinda hard to see, but there are orchids wraped around the center of it, w/other flowers at the bottom.

centerpi.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I looove saveoncrafts.com, and was surprised that they didn''t have anything close. Mostly glass, some silver juleps. Bummer.

Thanks Stephanie, I didn''t think about the various Knot boards...I always get lost in the pics.
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I went to a decor place (rentals for wedding decorations) and got a price for tableclothes, chairs, and etc. The candlebera''s for us were 25$ each to rent.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rent them. Most party supply companies will have them. Even your florist might have them to rent from.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies, I was thinking renting was probably good enough anyway. What does one do with 10 candelabras anyway? Hee!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sunny yep renting is the way to go!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
one more thing, try craigslist. You might find something there.... Of course that is where they mightend up when you decide you really don''t need 10 and you couldn''t find some to rent ;-)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I had a nightmare finding the same things.

The nearest I found for urns was the plastic ones they sell at garden centres, but they were all a bit too wide in diameter.

In the end I found candelabra type things from a girl on ebay who used them as centrepieces for her wedding - she did spring flowers in hers, I did fruit. They still cost loads, but I plan to sell them all on ebay again and recoup my $$.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results