shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is the Best Restaurant to Propose a at Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

malone

Rough_Rock
Hello, Dear all,

My name is Malone and I live in Taiwan currently, I plan to trip to LA at 2004/January with my grilfriend together, and I also plan to propose her to marry me druing this trip in LA, I will propose her at the dinner time and make her surprise. But I need your help to know the information of where is the best restaurant to propose at LA.

Your reply is really helpful for me, and thank you and I''m appreciated of your information.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What part of LA are you staying? Also, Zaguts does a guide for LA - I think.

malone

Rough_Rock
Hello fire&ice,

I plan to saty at Santa Monica for my trip, and I also plan to travel and visit other areas example like Maliu...
Since that I have never go to LA before, I think any restaurant in LA is possible for me to propose just the restaurant is good. So if you have any information, please kindly to let me know.

Thanks a lot and best Regards

Malone

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
When I stay in LA, I stay in Santa Monica. Unfortunately, restaurants in that area come & go. I like La Luna Mare. Also, the Georgian Hotel (an old pink Deco hotel) has a great happy hour - right on the beach to watch the sunset. Shutters ( a hotel & restaurant) is right on the beach also. I never ate there; but, just having drinks was very romantic. IMHO, nothing is more romantic & fun then being near the beach in Santa Monica with the sunsetting. The sun suddenly disappears in the ocean/horizon.

Good luck. I would scope some places out when you get there. Also, Zaguts quide should point you in the right direction.

Almost There

Rough_Rock
Hi Malone,

It really depends what type of restaurant you like and whether you are willing to drive a little.

If you can drive about 90 minutes from Los Angeles it will be very worthwhile to make a reservation (do it now, it's hard to get a table) at Studio Restaurant at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach. This is one of the most beautiful settings in all of Southern California. The hotel is classic California, casually elegant with amazing views. The restaurant is right on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. The decor is beautiful, the food is great and the view is outstanding. You will not be disappointed.

If you don't want to drive as far but still want something by the ocean with a beautiful view, try Geoffry's in Malibu. Keep in mind that it gets dark early in January and plan to be there before sunset.

If you want a beautiful, romantic location without a view but in a very pretty setting, try the restaurant at the Bel Air Hotel. There is a pond with a bridge, swans, beautiful old trees, etc... the restaurant itself is nicely decorated. There is indoor and outdoor seating.

If you want a classic, grand restaurant, Bernard's at the Biltmore Hotel is lovely. It's a huge room with very high wood paneled walls, formal service, etc...in a beautifully restored hotel.

No matter where you choose, make sure you let them know ahead of time you are proposing. They will get you a good table, take extra good care of you, etc...

Good luck!

JohnBoy

Rough_Rock
Try the restaurant at the top of the Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA. It is a revolving restaurant/bar that offers a great view of the LA basin.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I just came back from LA--it was beautiful. I agree with the idea to propose during sunset on the beach. Where are you staying? I think it would be a good idea to get the concierge of your hotel involved. They can make the reservation for you and make sure that you get a good table at the restaurant. Also, they can ensure that the room is decorated (rose petals, candles or whatever you want) when you get back from the proposal.

If you're not staying at a hotel with a concierge, you may want to call the concierge at the Four Seasons or something and say that you are making a trip out to propose and need some suggestions. I'm sure they will come up with something great.

Good luck.

PetRockLuuurv

Rough_Rock
I live in L.A!!

The most beautiful and romantic restaurant (sans too many tourists, and far from trafficky, attitudinous "LA proper") is The Inn of the Seventh Ray in Topanga, CA. You can see it online. Another very pretty venue is Il Cielo restaurant in Beverly Hills--it's romantic, classy, intimate...get a table in the glass greenhouse--splendid! Yamashiro on Sycamore is where you should go for THE BEST view in the city, AND there's a "Zen Garden" style walking path complete with koi pond for a romantic walk alone with her, in case you chicken out, or don't want to do it in front of a jillion strangers--
wink2.gif
If money is no object, thyen go for L'Orangerie Classic and CLASSY French in W. Hollywood. It's INCREDIBLY romantic--very dreamy...but you'll be snapped out of your dream when the bill comes OUCH!!!!!
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results