shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is Jambalaya?

Q

Queenie60

Has anyone heard or read recent posts from Jambalaya? I've been thinking about her and hoping she is well. I miss reading her posts. :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie,

I'm glad you asked about Jambalaya.

I haven't seen any posts from her lately and have hoped that everything is OK.

Jambalaya,

I'm sure Queenie and I are only two of many here who miss you and hope all is well!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she's just busy with life things (in a good way).

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Queenie, thank you for starting this thread. :clap: I was wondering how she was a couple of weeks back, but kept thinking she would pop up sometime soon.

DecemberFire, I agree. I enjoyed Jambalaya's posts. :)

Chrono, your avatar pic is gorgeous! :love:

Jamba, we hope all is well! I keep thinking of you when I'm doing my volunteer work. I know your job is hard. Hugs! :wavey:

Btw, I couldn't post at all this past week. I guess nobody missed me. :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wondering about Jambalaya, and Packrat, too..........
I hope they're both OK

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they both come back when all this election s@#* is over and done with!!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Hoping too that jambalaya and packie are well...

Q

Queenie60

Rockinruby|1475891433|4084627 said:
Queenie, thank you for starting this thread. :clap: I was wondering how she was a couple of weeks back, but kept thinking she would pop up sometime soon.

Jamba, we hope all is well! I keep thinking of you when I'm doing my volunteer work. I know your job is hard. Hugs! :wavey:

I missed you and would have called out to you had weeks gone by. Glad you're posting again Rockinruby!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked awhile ago about packrat in the where is thread since last I checked she last posted in July. I hope she is alright. At that time it was the heated discussion about police and many of you know her DH is a law enforcement officer.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packie appears fine as she is active on FB. :))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1476040027|4085118 said:

Thank you for letting us know! :)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1475965860|4084883 said:
Rockinruby|1475891433|4084627 said:

I missed you and would have called out to you had weeks gone by. Glad you're posting again Rockinruby!!!

Queenie, you are the best! :dance: :clap: I am glad to be able to be back on PS. Thank you! :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Please tell Packrat I miss seeing her on PS and hope to see her here soon. I hope all is well with her, her husband, Trapper and London.

Rockinruby, I'm another one who would miss you!

:wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Queenie and everyone else who wrote on this thread, I'm fine but just very tired. I lurk occasionally, so I saw it. I wanted to say how sweet and kind of you it was to be concerned and start this thread, Queenie. Thank you so much.

I also seem to have lost my enthusiasm for jewelry-collecting. I have so much that getting anything new feels more guilty than pleasurable. I've said to myself that I might get two more things, and then cut myself off. There's a hot-pink tourmaline drop pendant in my local store, and I've wanted the Kiki McDonough peridot-and-diamond halo studs, but they might have to wait until next year. There's also a pair of amethyst and blue topaz drops in another local store that I might get.

Booked myself a cruise for some rejuvenation, so maybe that'll help my mojo.

I've read some really fascinating books lately: The Nazi Officer's Wife and On Hitler's Mountain. I was in my local Barnes & Noble and they were shelved together. They are true stories - autobiographies. Turned out they were complementary. Guess that's why they were shelved together. The first is about a Jewish woman in Vienna who was meant to catch a train east to the concentration camps, and she escaped - literally tore her yellow staff off her sleeve and just melted into the crowd. Amazing. She married a Nazi officer and he kept her secret. Then, after the war, just when she thought it was all over, the Russians wanted to recruit her to the Stasi.

The second is about a little girl born in the early thirties who grew up in Berchtesgaden, Hitler's mountain retreat, and the book tells was like to grow up in Nazi-controlled Germany. She remembers sitting on Hitler's knee. There were lots of informants, of course, including a teacher who tried to get the girl to inform on her own Nazi-party-resistant grandfather. It's interesting how most adults around her supported Hitler (Germany had been so poor in the years leading up to the war and Hitler promised them the sun, moon, and stars, and of course they knew nothing about what the Nazis were really doing) - but interestingly, there was the occasional friend or family member who saw right through all the propaganda and media control, and suffered for their refusal to support the Nazi party. The book tells of an incident where they're on the mountain watching Hitler and his line of cars parade up to his retreat, and they all do the Nazi salute and say "Heil Hitler." However, her aunt refuses to, and Hitler notices, and stares her down from his car until she does it, knowing that she could be put to death otherwise.

And then, I read a book about a woman from Mexico, Julissa Arce, whose parents brought her to the States at eleven but her visa expired when she was fourteen, so she was an undocumented immigrant thanks to her parents. She became a Wall Street executive earning approx $350k at age 27, at Goldman Sachs, and by her early thirties $500k at Merrill Lynch. Eventually she married her longterm boyfriend, and obtained citizenship. The book is about the desperate strain of keeping such a secret, from not seeing her family in Mexico for many, many years, during which time her dad died, to not wanting to call 911 when in need, to being threatened with a call to Immigration by an ex. It is an amazing portrait of the suffering of many hard-working tax-paying undocumented immigrants in this country. Makes you realize how lucky you are.

Guess I've replaced jewelry with reading autobiographies!

Thanks again Queenie, for being so sweet as to start this thread. Many hugs to you and to everyone.

J xxx

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jambie, glad all is well.

Q

Queenie60

So glad you're well Jambalaya! I will look into those books for a good read! Always loading my Kindle for future - (((hugs)))

Q

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good of you to check in and thank you so much for the book recommendations - I absolutely want to read them all!

Please keep on reading and reporting in! :cheeky:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Nice to see you're well Jambalya I also missed you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jambalaya! :wavey: I still pop in here everyday even though I haven't purchased any jewellery in forever. Please stick around, even for some chit chat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results