shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is everyone going?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 12:07:07 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
SD...thats a good thread, thanks. I''m having a problems cause we are getting married in Sept. at that is still during hurricane season. Here are some of the options on the table right now:
1. Greece: 2 days in athens, 4 in Santorini, and 5 on Crete
2. Italy: Rome, amalfi coast, capri
3. Costa Rica
4. Lake Tahoe
5. Hawaii
Greece, Greece, GREECE! Except cut the days in Athens down to 1 and just see the Acropolis. My $0.02.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just in case anyone is interested in Tahiti...
9.gif

travelzoo: $1198 Tahiti: 6 Nights at New 4-Star Resort & Air

35.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Musey and Kama and Kittybean for the trip advisor suggestion. My fiance and I spent some significant time on Trip Advisor today. We talked to a few travel agents in the last few days as well. Fiji looks amazing but I am concerned with the goverment situation. Read a lot more about that today. Its also really far for us since we would have to fly to Cali first.

We are debating about Costa Rica right now. The trip looks absolutley amazing but its pretty much a gaurentee that it will rain every day if we go there in September. Is it worth it? We think we could do that trip at 5 star hotes with food and activites for probably 8k which would be awesome considering we are trying to save. Its also a good 30% off what it would be if it weren''t the rainy season.

The Carribean islands are out cause its prime hurricane season and we really don''t want to risk it, otherwise Haven I would be totally all over St. John, I actually have family friends there.

So...I think 10k is our max now that we know we can do some stuff for less. So...should be look at Greece again and drop down the days? Ugh...this is exahusting. I think we would both like to keep the trip around 8k and if we have to go to 10. I know I am being a brat about this but I really want to stay in one place that has a plunge pool attached to our room. lol...I''m turning 30 next month and I''ve never been on a real vacation!! I mean, I''m in sales and I''ve won work trips where they pay for everything however you travel with your significant other and about 30 other people from work, so its not the same. I just want to go somewhere nice, relax, but also do activites, oh yeah and good weather... Is that too much to ask?

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
What about Spain and Morocco? My now fiance and I put together a 10 day trip on a day''s notice (REALLY) in mid October 2007- Madrid to Marrakesh to Barcelona. Barcelona is GREAT and there are direct flights from NY and it''s easy to get to Morocco for some sun, beautiful hotels and a bit of a culture change. And rain is pretty unlikely....September is a rough time for the Caribbean. Cheap though. I''m honeymooning next February- hoping for South Africa too...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 6:33:14 PM
Author: ScorpioNYC
What about Spain and Morocco? My now fiance and I put together a 10 day trip on a day''s notice (REALLY) in mid October 2007- Madrid to Marrakesh to Barcelona. Barcelona is GREAT and there are direct flights from NY and it''s easy to get to Morocco for some sun, beautiful hotels and a bit of a culture change. And rain is pretty unlikely....September is a rough time for the Caribbean. Cheap though. I''m honeymooning next February- hoping for South Africa too...
That is a great suggestion but we really want to go somewhere we both have never been. My fiance was in spain with friends for 10 days at exactly the same week last year. So, that is out. We looked at Marrakesh but all the reviews talked about how its not a relaxing honeymoon which is something that we both really want for some leg of our trip.

Thanks for the thought though. We really have spent a long time trying to figure out where we want to go and our dream honeymoon just can''t be a reality right now. Nothing comes close to how bad we want to go on that South Africa trip but I imagine that we will have a fantastic trip no matter what we decide. So right now the choices are:

1.) Greece
2.) Prauge and Croatia
3.) Italy
4.) Risk it in Costa Rica
5.) Hawaii
6.) Peru
7.) Brazil
8.) Colder weather Argentina trip with some time in Patagonia (revisted from an earlier discussion when we were looking at South Africa)

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 8:22:07 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 4/24/2009 6:33:14 PM

Author: ScorpioNYC

1.) Greece

2.) Prauge and Croatia

3.) Italy

4.) Risk it in Costa Rica

5.) Hawaii

6.) Peru

7.) Brazil

8.) Colder weather Argentina trip with some time in Patagonia (revisted from an earlier discussion when we were looking at South Africa)

I think it would be too cold for Patagonia. A trip I did in March '07 might be fun: Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls (GORGEOUS) to Rio. I loved Buenos Aires, but Rio didn't do it for me really. Would you go to Northern Brazil, around Recife? I wouldn't do : Peru (not relaxing) or Hawaii (too american and built up looking). Argentina by the way is really, really cheap. We had dinner in a 4 star restaurant there for about $55. That included a full bottle of wine and 2 filets...If you like steak, Argentina is the place to eat!
3.gif

PS- haven't been to Prague but my fiance loved it. We are off to Paris/Russia in late June. Not really honeymoon destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results