shape
carat
color
clarity

Where exactly to propose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rock_solid

Rough_Rock
My planning is underway and Im surprising my gf with a limo to take us to a special restaurant of "ours". I wanted to proposal to take place after dinner but thought it may be a bit awkward to get down on one knee in the middle of the restaurant (especially if we have our usual corner booth). Any ideas? Should I just creatively have her scoot to the edge of the booth? I thought proposing in the limo would be slightly strange as well.

Whats your input??

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
if you want to do it at the restaurant, may be you could share your plans with the manager. I would ask the manager if at some point in the evening (upon your cue) he could send 2 waiters over to tell your gf that they have a special "setting" or surprise to present to her... Then they could pull the table out and away from your gf while "your in the bathroom." Then you pop out and propose in the middle of the booth? Don''t know if that works logistically but I''m sure the management would love to work with you and may be even give you some ideas.

I have read a lot of dinner proposals and most people say that they would prefer the proposal to occur early during the dinner. It allows them to enjoy the time and enjoy the dinner while admiring the ring.

I have to say one of the best parts of my proposal was the time that we spent together afterwards. It just happened that I proposed around 2pm in the afternoon. For the rest of the day until we fell asleep was just amazing.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi rock_solid,

I would suggest having an intimate proposal at home before you head off to the restaurant. If you want it to be really special you could decorate the house/apartment with flowers and candles.

Then after you propose and you guys have that moment together, you can surprise her with the limo and trip to the restaurant to celebrate.

If you were hoping for the proposal to be a complete surprise, the limo picking you guys up might give it away in the first place...

Of course, if your gf is the type to want a big, elaborate proposal then this won''t work...

Good luck and do tell us what you decide!
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 11:16:09 AM
Author: lucyandroger
Hi rock_solid,

I would suggest having an intimate proposal at home before you head off to the restaurant. If you want it to be really special you could decorate the house/apartment with flowers and candles.

Then after you propose and you guys have that moment together, you can surprise her with the limo and trip to the restaurant to celebrate.

If you were hoping for the proposal to be a complete surprise, the limo picking you guys up might give it away in the first place...

Of course, if your gf is the type to want a big, elaborate proposal then this won''t work...

Good luck and do tell us what you decide!
1.gif
I second the at home idea! I was proposed to at home and whenever I sit down at our dining room table I am reminded of that special moment.

I agree as well that the limo might give it all away!

At least this way you get the celebration and the surprise all together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results