shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you get bathroom "redo" ideas?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My MIL wants to refresh our bathroom in her house and when we are down there in a few weeks I promised I'd bring some pics of ideas. I found a few on HGTV that were nice, and a few random ones in Google Images, but are there any good sites for inspiration? This isn't exactly sometihng I am totally into so I don't know where to even look!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Take a gander thru Pinterest- full of cool stuff and good ideas.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pinterest is awesome for ideas. I've gotten ideas from hgtv.com also, asked for help on the message boards etc. We just redid our bathroom finally this past Spring and I just decided on a color to use and it just connected itself.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is this pinterest thing?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Try houzz.com

your mind will be blown away with all the ideas.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. No kidding! Thanks!!! Though seeing all these homes on Houzz now makes me feel like a broke-ass lazy bum! haha

April20

Ideal_Rock
Pinterest is a virtual pin board.... you can look at all sorts of nifty things that have been "pinned". You have to have a FB or Twitter acct to request an invitation to join. There was a thread on here recently about it, which is how I found it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, ok. Not a totally appealing concept.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any new communities being built near you, Ame?
We are building a house next year and have been touring the showhomes. It's great to get a hands-on feel for what options are available.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that's fantastic idea! I will have to see what's being built. Construction around here is not going well--residential anyway. But I'd be willing to check a few models out and see what they did in the bathrooms there.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1320352927|3053420 said:
oh that's fantastic idea! I will have to see what's being built. Construction around here is not going well--residential anyway. But I'd be willing to check a few models out and see what they did in the bathrooms there.

Go for it... Some things I thought I liked in pictures turned out not to work for me in real life, like some of the above counter vanity sinks/bowls. I'm only 5.3" and with the counter height; water would run down may arms when I'm washing my face and soak the floors and counter top. I'd need to lower the counter top height or stick to very low profile sinks. Also, some of the faucets were not as functional as they were pretty.
I never thought to do only drawers under a vanity, just cupboards, yet we found a showhome with draws only and it really works great for us.

Good luck, have fun ;))

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential|1320337211|3053261 said:
Try houzz.com

your mind will be blown away with all the ideas.

I am in love with this site! Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! LOL

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ame, I went for this stuff:
http://www.thomas-crapper.com/

It is incredibly childish, but I still giggle every time I see 'crapper' written on the toilet... :bigsmile: What I REALLY want for my ensuite is a thunderbox. Just for the name...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOLOLOL

I don't think she's going to really redo this (I don't really know the extent she plans to go really) but now I know I have a site I can lol at.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results