carat
color
clarity

Where do you consider home?

Where do you consider home?

• Total voters

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Where do you consider home? Where you were born, grew up, lived for a long time, where you live now, or where your loved ones are?

For me, it's where my loved ones are, followed by where I grew up, and lived for a long time!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I was born in Hilo but spent most of my life on Oahu and now live on the mainland. All my good childhood memories were on the Big Island with my grandparents. I consider that to be my home. I was adamant I had to get married on the Big Island. And if not for covid I we probably would have spent our 5 year wedding anni there.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Where my husband and sons are for sure. I haven't felt really at home where we are now strangely, but my family is safe and well so that's all that matters.

My feeling of home changed a lot after my Mom and FIL died. I feel like...maybe...my mortality suddenly became real to me, and I felt ungrounded. My home is with them, my husband and sons. I dwell in our love.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Where I was born and raised. Everytime i go “home” it always breaks half of my heart and say “I left half of my heart in **”

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Born in HK, came to study in UK when I was 14 and wanted to stay the moment I stepped off the plane.

DK :))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I lived in over half a dozen countries as a child due to my dad’s career. I left for university at 18, and settled in Southern California and now consider this home. I have lived here for 30 years! Yikes. This is also where I got married and started my family, so I have to check the last 3 answers!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up in Northern Virginia and have lived in the Boston area for over 40 years. My mom still lives in the house my I grew up in. My husband and I have lived in our current house for over 30 years. I call both home.

For the past four years, I go down to Virginia about once a month (6 weeks with Covid so I can quarantine 2 weeks before and after). At first, it was to take care of my dad so my mom could have a break. And since he passed away, I realized having that time with him was a gift so I've kept it up its to spend time with my mom.

When I am in Virginia and talk about going back home, it's to Boston. When I am in Boston and talk about going down home, it's to Virginia. That makes it sound like home is wherever I am not :doh:

Last edited:

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Home is in NS Canada, but I can't go back as it has been made clear I am not welcome. My sister now owns the home property and has told me I can't come back and stay there. It's a long story to do with parents and the fact she is unbalanced mentally...I chat with my brother on Skype and talk to mom on the phone (she is 96) and that is as close as I will get I guess. I live in Texas, but it will never be home...

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home is wherever my husband and pets are. I notice this most when moving house. As soon as the animals are moved over, the old house stops being home.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Home is in NS Canada, but I can't go back as it has been made clear I am not welcome. My sister now owns the home property and has told me I can't come back and stay there. It's a long story to do with parents and the fact she is unbalanced mentally...I chat with my brother on Skype and talk to mom on the phone (she is 96) and that is as close as I will get I guess. I live in Texas, but it will never be home...

Sorry to hear that @MjK1 it breaks my heart just by reading your post, moreover for you... Hope someday your sister gets an epiphany and allowing you to go home

Wish I can say home is where my DH and my kids are... but I can’t.. a part of me wants to call this land home, but I never feel I belong here...

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I have always loved Vancouver and think of it as a home city even though it’s been over 10 years since we lived there. We dream about going back one day. Other than that, our second home is Singapore, where we live right now and where my family is. My husband hates the series of small towns he grew up in and would never live anywhere but in a city.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I am Scottish. That's how most Scot's identify, Scottish first, then British. I have lived in many countries but now I consider Australia home. My children were born here and it truly is a wonderful place to live. We are very lucky.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where my kids were born. Which also happens to be the same as several choices above.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home is wherever my DH is...and that is the truth. We could live anywhere and as long as he is by my side that is my home. And the kitties too. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will add I was born in Brooklyn and moved back to Brooklyn after I finished college and graduate school and my residency. So I have lived in Brooklyn for the majority of my life and no matter where I move there will always be a bit of Brooklyn in me.

Once you're a Brooklyn girl you are always a Brooklyn girl...who's with me?!

quote-i-m-a-tough-old-broad-from-brooklyn-don-t-try-to-make-me-into-something-i-m-not-if-you-b...jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where I live now is home, I have lived in Ohio my whole life, I may one day after I retire move south but I suspect Ohio will always be considered my home...even though I hate it...currently cold an snowy here

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I lived in London for the first 26 years of my life then we moved to rural Lincolnshire which I consider my true home.I would never go back to London because it has changed so much.Too much crime & too many murders:(

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a New Yorker my entire life. I suspect home will always be NY, even if We someday move to a warmer climate.
Home is where the ❤️ Is....

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home is a changing place for me. At the moment, home is where we live now, but hopefully if everything goes to plan, home will be Texas next year, where our DS and his lovely new wife live.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lived in different parts of England, and had a tiny shoe box of a flat in central London for years.

When it was clear that my dream job which was to work for a government agency with its HQ in London could never be mine for whatever reasons, compounded by the issues of lacking in job opportunities for the type of work that I was doing at the time, I decided there was no reason for me to hang on to my flat, so I sold up and relocated to the country where I got a 2-bedroom house with a garden on the outskirt of a medium size town.

The location was chosen as it was convenient for both my late partner and I at the time, for both our work as well as our separate homes.

I adopted a cat, and he got a dog; and after his sudden death, I kept his dog as my own; and the pets got on, thank goodness.

I love my house and the town, and have no intention of leaving both until I leave this earth.

DK :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only ever lived in a few towns all within a few miles of each other. In the way of geography, Long Island will always be home. It's a small island and I'm familiar with all areas of it (well, not really the North, I'd get lost up there beyond the LIE). I am not really attached to any house though. Each house or apartment is home while I live there. It'll always just be a stamp in my book. As long as I've got my husband with me (and kids until they leave) I'm home.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Combination
For me down home is always Dunedin and will be till i die

some times i say home and i mean our old flat in Wellington (not the city it's self) where we lived together for the best part of 20 years

But home is here, together in our house we bought 3 years ago in Wanganui

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Home is New Orleans, where I was born and raised. I moved to San Francisco after college and after two years, I missed home and my mom but alas, I met a boy in California. After 12 years out there, I moved back home and haven’t regretted it a bit.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The area where I live now, I've been for a longer time than anywhere else, including where I grew up. I'm not sure anywhere else would feel like home at this point.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I have lived in the same city in southern Ontario, Canada my entire life. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home is where I live now with my husband, kids and cats.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I live in the same city I was born and grew up in (most of my family live here as well) so all of the above applies to me. If I were ever to move away, this would be “home” because it is where I grew up.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Home is where I have lived in New England for the past 34 years in the same house where we raised our son.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results