shape
carat
color
clarity

Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Tacori''s other honeymoon question thread got me thinking...where is everyone going/did you go for your honeymoons? We are just starting to think about it, so I''m just wondering where you went/how much activity you had planned/how long it was/what type of place you stayed in/etc. Would you recommend the place you went? What was your favorite part about it? (Or if you haven''t gone yet, what are you most excited about?)

Thanks!
9.gif

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
A month in New Zealand...had a fabulous time..ran us about $16,000...more than the cost of our wedding, but hey, we were there for a month!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Venice (Italy) for a short break before flying back to Bahrain. Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo was gorgeous and very reasonably priced!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
lilyinct - Oooh, we were thinking of New Zealand too! What areas would you recommend? We''ll probably go for about a week...

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Just_looking - Thanks for responding! I've already been to Venice though, so I'm hoping for somewhere new!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
We haven''t decided where we''re going for our honeymoon. We''re looking at Sandals St. Lucia or maybe Costa Rica. I left that up to the fiance, so we''ll see what he finally chooses. He''s been researching for months!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we got married in Hawaii and thought it would be fun to fly from there to Tahiti (5 hours from Hawaii) rather than stay in Hawaii, since we could always easily come back to Hawaii...and we are so happy we did go try something new. we LOVED it, had a fabulous time, we are dying to go back. We stayed on one island, the smallest more private one and it was so amazing. We were there for a week and it ran about $5k. we hope to go back next year and stay in hawaii for a week and then tahiti for a week again.

there are so many fabulous places to visit!! have fun with the research!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
We haven''t decided for sure yet but we are thinking of England - about 5-6 days in London and then that same amount of time in the countryside, area to be decided (options include Cornwall, the Cotswalds, the Lake Country...). Or we might do the second part in Scotland or Ireland, not sure yet. I''ve been to England a couple of times, most recently at age 16, FI''s never been but is really excited to go - we are both psyched about the culture - museums, the theater, shopping, etc... and also about the historical sites and the scenery in the more rural areas. We are going about 2 months after the wedding (in September) because the weather should be better and it will be way less crowded and expensive. We''ll probably go to CA Wine Country for a few days after the wedding to unwind though since we only live about an hour away. In terms of cost I''m not sure yet, but if my mom gives us frequent flyer miles as a gift to get our tickets, then probably food and lodging and everything else will be between $3500-$5K total.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think we're in the minority...a beach honeymoon just doesn't really appeal to us. We're "on the go, see what we can see" types of people, so we'll probably go to Europe. I want to go to Greece, and Joey wants to go to London. Perhaps we'll go to Paris to see the Louvre or maybe Ireland, to visit castles.

ETA: I guess we're not in the minority in this thread! I just assumed we'd be, since most people choose Hawaii for their honeymoon. I LOVE the idea of New Zealand! Thanks for the idea, lilyinct!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 4:27:25 PM
Author: EBree
I think we''re in the minority...a beach honeymoon just doesn''t really appeal to us. We''re ''on the go, see what we can see'' types of people, so we''ll probably go to Europe. I want to go to Greece, and Joey wants to go to London. Perhaps we''ll go to Paris to see the Louvre or maybe Ireland, to visit castles.

ETA: I guess we''re not in the minority in this thread! I just assumed we''d be, since most people choose Hawaii for their honeymoon. I LOVE the idea of New Zealand! Thanks for the idea, lilyinct!

I''m in the minority with you! I was raised around the beach so it''s nothing special to me anymore. My fiance is a beach addict so that''s why he''s looking at beach honeymoons. I found this wonderful one in Ireland that was inexpensive and so cool, but I left it up to him so I''m going wherever he wants to go. It doesn''t really matter to me because I just want to have a relaxing vacation with my new husband. If I were to pick the honeymoon, I''d want to go back to China or Taiwan or maybe someplace in Europe again. My dream honeymoon would be in Australia though, because I''ve never been there.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the minority with you! I was raised around the beach so it's nothing special to me anymore. My fiance is a beach addict so that's why he's looking at beach honeymoons. I found this wonderful one in Ireland that was inexpensive and so cool, but I left it up to him so I'm going wherever he wants to go. It doesn't really matter to me because I just want to have a relaxing vacation with my new husband. If I were to pick the honeymoon, I'd want to go back to China or Taiwan or maybe someplace in Europe again. My dream honeymoon would be in Australia though, because I've never been there.

I'd love to go to AU! The only reason I'm afraid to visit (and I know, it's dumb!) is because it's home to the most venomous spiders and snakes. Eeek! I'd still go, though. I'd also LOVE to consider Egypt, but that's a trip my Dad and I are planning to take in the next couple of years.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re going to the Nevis Four Seasons for 5 nights the week after the wedding.

http://fourseasons.com/nevis/index.html

We always wanted to go to Europe together since he''s been a few times and I used to live in London, but we''ll probably just end up going for our first anniversary.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Tahiti is my DREAM honeymoon, or Bora Bora, something remote and isolated. Unfortunately we''ll have to wait until our 10th wedding anniversary or something like that. We just can''t afford it. Instead, we are doing a "weddingmoon": We''re getting married in St. John and staying their. FI and I are both into scuba diving, so that will be fun. I LOVE sailing--so we''ll do that too, but most of all I want to SIT UNDER A TREE AND READ! I just finished my masters program, I''ve hardly had any me time at all. I can''t wait to have loads of time for just us.

BTW, I''d love to go to New Zealand. If you and your FI decide on it, though, you might want to try to plan for more than a week. It''s such a long journey to get there! Most people that I know who have gone have gone for at least two weeks. There''s so much to explore!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Albicocca-

NZ is made up of 2 large islands, and I don''t really know if a week is enough time to even get a flavor of it...not to mention the incredibly long plane flight...if I had the option of going somewhere for a week, I definitely wouldn''t want to shave that much time off the vacation by traveling.

However, it''s your honeymoon, so wherever you go, you''re going to have a blast!!! Good luck!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My SO and I aren''t engaged yet, but we already decided that we''re going to Italy for our honeymoon! J wants to see Rome, I want to see Venice, so we''ll try to go around and see as much as we can! We may spend a day at the sea too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We spent a week in Hawaii. We spent 3 days on Oahu residing in the Royal Hawaiian--best bed and sheets EVER, with one of those on a day-trip to the big island, and then the rest of the time on Maui at the Sheraton Maui. LOVED it there. Got a lot of great shopping done in Waikiki and then bought some more stuff in Maui I didn't really need. Waikiki has FANTASTIC shopping.

On the trip's flights and accomodations we were at about 5500...maybe more like 6000? And then we spent a good 1500 more easily on shopping and food.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Well, fiance just called and told me that he told his parents to book the Sandals Grande St. Lucia for us. He''s also looking into a Mexico one, but he''s leaning more towards the St. Lucia one. I guess that''s where we''re going!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Funny you should ask- we just booked this today!

We''re going to the Costa Allegre- It''s on the Pacific side of Mexico, about 2 hours south of Puerto Vallarta. We''re staying at the El Careyes Resort, which is part of Starwood''s Luxury Collection. It''s small, and very exclusive- exactly what we were looking for. It''s totally off the beaten path, in an undiscovered area of Mexico. So, no screaming kids, brooding teens, and icky tourists! It looks divine: http://www.elcareyesresort.com/

Shay

Shiny_Rock
We are going to the serengetti for a week and staying in a game lodge and then we are spending a week in Zanzibar!

Zanzibar.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
ChargerGirl,
that looks divine! I don''t know why I was floored by the fresh fruit bowl that they refill for you daily!
Those rooms look awesome!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Shay!
WOW! That is too cool! I''m super jealous! I hope it''s an amazing adventure!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Well, our honeymoon was nearly 20 years ago
9.gif
, but we spent a week in Bermuda. We stayed at the Southampton Princess and had a fantastic time. The food was great at every restaurant, the beaches were clean and beautiful, and the people were so gracious. We''re going back this June for our 20th anniversary!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
For my honeymoon in July 05 we went to Petit St Vincent in the Grenadines. It was a private island with only 22 cottages. They are all situated so that you have no neighbors in sight. There''s a flag system to communicate with the staff...yellow flag--they come and read your note on something you want. Red flag...leave you alone. It was perfect...like being on your own island without the hassles of finding food or shelter. Here''s a pic of the view from our cottage.

DSCN05751.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
We went to Malta for 7 days and Rome for 3. I''ve been to Rome before, but if I could do it again, I would go to Italy for the 7 days and Malta for the 3. Luckily, we had amazing weather in both places (we went in mid-October).

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 8:45:07 AM
Author: IslandDreams
For my honeymoon in July 05 we went to Petit St Vincent in the Grenadines. It was a private island with only 22 cottages. They are all situated so that you have no neighbors in sight. There''s a flag system to communicate with the staff...yellow flag--they come and read your note on something you want. Red flag...leave you alone. It was perfect...like being on your own island without the hassles of finding food or shelter. Here''s a pic of the view from our cottage.
This sounds like the ultimate romantic getaway to me, ID. I''d like to get more information on this. I''ve already set plans in motion for our 20th, but I know our 25th will be upon us in a blink. Maybe I should start planning ahead.
1.gif

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Banff in the Canadian Rockies - http://www.wildnatureimages.com/Banff%20NP.htm

We had already been somewhere tropical for the engagement, and were looking for something with wonderful scenery that we could do in a week and would not break the bank. Lots of hiking, wildlife, fine food, wine, and hot tubs. Apparently the movie Broke back mountain was shot in this area of the world.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We did 2 weeks in Hawaii. We spent 4 nights in Maui at the Fairmount Kea Lani (which was INSANE and worth EVERY penny), then off to the Big Island for 3 nights at the Hapuna Beach Prince and then 6 nights in Kauai at the Sheraton. We did anything and everything… snorkeling, hiking, swimming, star gazing! Best trip EVER and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!

ETA: I have a couple favorites about our trip:
#1 - Star gazing on the Big Island at Mauna Kea over 9,000 feet above sea level and home to the world's largest observatories.
#2 - Hiking Waimea Canyon to the waterfalls and the summit.
#3 - Hiking, picnicing and snorkling in Kiholo Bay on the Big Island and seeing a ton of sea turtles.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
WOW, everyone''s honeymoons sound so incredible!!! I can''t decide what I want at all now!!! Can''t I just take one of each? Remember how in the 1800s rich British people would take like 6 months or a year off to travel after they got married? I totally want to do that now.

And IslandDreams that picture is SO BEAUTIFUL; a picture really does speak louder than a thousand words!
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, I wanted Ireland and England, but the boyfriend wanted Italy or France. Then I decided I want Hawaii and teh BF is okay with that, but then pointed out that due to my allergy to the sun, Hawaii might not be the best idea.
39.gif
Then I wanted to go on a CRUISE to Hawaii (all inclusive, ya know), which we may do... but my brother moved to Australia to get married this April so we''re probably going to go there, to save money. If anyone is interested, my sister in law to be sent me a whole email about deals and meals in Sydney (or around there) straight from her little noggin and hand typed for the family. The cheapest thing to do is rent an apartment for at least a week, it''s cheaper than a hotel, and you need a minimum of a week. I have the email if anyone is interested.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
We may got to India. A friend of ours FIL offered his timeshare to us, we only have to pay for our plane ticket. We haven''t decided though, depends on air-fair. But I think it would be a great honeymoon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results