shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find this Fabrikant w/Royal Asscher ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I came across this ring a few years ago and loved it and saved the picture. I recently came across the picture and decided I am now ready to have it but now I can''t find it. It is a Fabrikant Couture ring with 3 (real) Royal Asschers. I found it on the RA site years ago with a link to the Fabrikant site. I have since read that Fabrikant went bankrupt and that RA no longer does business with Fabrikant. I also read Fabrikant still does a line, but not a high end line that this ring was included in.

I did find this ring at an online jeweler but it says "SOLD". I called them and she is searching if she can find one "floating around that didn''t get sold".

Does anyone know anything about Fabrikant (do they still make this ring), or about the (real) Royal asscher (would they still have this ring stashed somewhere)? Or would any vendors know how I could get ahold of one of these rings that didn''t sell previously? (do I randomly call jewelers?)

How about any of you PSers - have you seen a similar ring that I could have custom made? The online jeweler I spoke with said she could have it made "exactly" like the Fabrikant one since they used to carry the ring and are familiar with it. (browsing through their online store, they seemed a bit pricey though).

Thanks in advance. The picture has a 1.00ct I VVS2 center + two 0.5ct I VVS2 sides

Fabrikant Couture & RA.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'd probably forget about searching endlessly to try to find the original; it's not such an unusual design that a competent bench couldn't reproduce it custom for you, and you do have good pics too which helps. I do think that going with the jeweler who had seen the real thing would be a great idea, provided you can check out their custom work and confirm they do good stuff. But, seriously, anybody who does nice custom work could do it well, I'd think.

Pretty design!

ETA: I have a hard time imagining that a custom reproduction of this piece would be more expensive than paying for the original... you could go with generic asschers to offset the cost a bit, too.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI!

M Fabrikant and Sons ( the one who made that ring) is another victim of the tough market- they are out of business.
For a time, the Royal Asscher company used them as the only supply channel in the US.
IN terms of the ring, I agree with LittleGreyKitten.

A competant ring maker could replicate the ring but clearly it''s not a simple job

beauty queen

Rough_Rock
Have you looked at where you can find ROYAL ASSCHER DIAMONDS.

There are exclusise retailers through out the united states www.royalasscher.com
Date: 2/12/2009 3:09:35 PM
Author:SparkleRx
Hi all,

I came across this ring a few years ago and loved it and saved the picture. I recently came across the picture and decided I am now ready to have it but now I can''t find it. It is a Fabrikant Couture ring with 3 (real) Royal Asschers. I found it on the RA site years ago with a link to the Fabrikant site. I have since read that Fabrikant went bankrupt and that RA no longer does business with Fabrikant. I also read Fabrikant still does a line, but not a high end line that this ring was included in.

I did find this ring at an online jeweler but it says ''SOLD''. I called them and she is searching if she can find one ''floating around that didn''t get sold''.

Does anyone know anything about Fabrikant (do they still make this ring), or about the (real) Royal asscher (would they still have this ring stashed somewhere)? Or would any vendors know how I could get ahold of one of these rings that didn''t sell previously? (do I randomly call jewelers?)

How about any of you PSers - have you seen a similar ring that I could have custom made? The online jeweler I spoke with said she could have it made ''exactly'' like the Fabrikant one since they used to carry the ring and are familiar with it. (browsing through their online store, they seemed a bit pricey though).

Thanks in advance. The picture has a 1.00ct I VVS2 center + two 0.5ct I VVS2 sides

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for replying. Unfortunately the online vendor that carried this ring is in FL and I am no where near there. I don''t know if they have good work or not but do like the fact they have seen it in person and know the ring.

They listed this ring as center RA 1.0 ct I VVS2 with two side RA 0.5ct each I VVS2 in Platinum at $9,110 (the original ring). Do you really think I could get it custom made for a lower price? If I had it custom made, I would probably change the size and colour a bit (I know this would change the price). Just curious of the ballpark price of a custom job of an equivalent ring.

I looked at the RA website for vendors near me or any I recognized and there aren''t any.
7.gif

I was hoping there was an original lying around somewhere I could buy. Going custom long distance scares me and I don''t know how to begin sourcing stones or who to go with, etc!

thanks.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''d be surprised if you could get the setting done for less than $5K (possibly closer to $6K), but I could be wrong.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that ring is gorgeous.... I really like it!! =)

Try contacting Bridget Durnell, she made my ring (it''s not done yet- just posted a thread, you can look if interested), but her pricing is reasonable and she''s very, very nice and sweet and she''ll probably try to find something workable within your budget! She''s made some pretty awesome looking jewelry if you look on pearlman''s. Tell her Jean sent you =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results