shape
carat
color
clarity

where can i find the best priced Vatche solitaire setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enibas

Rough_Rock
i live in washington, dc...or is the best price on-line? and if so, where? can i jsut go anywhere to get the ring mounted? if so, around how much woudl it cost (approx 80 point round stone)?

i'm becoming addicted already,
me:naughty:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I just took a jewelry making class and now I am just going to make everything. $400 in tools and $150 in books and $200 in lessons, and now I can make a $300 18K ring for $20, and have lots of fun and satisfaction in the process. And I can do things like play with 22 Karat gold with is hard to buy as jewelry.

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
rsilvers, what kind of class was that that you took? Community college? What kind of home setup do you need to make a ring?

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
i can vouch for that! i just purchased my vatche x-prong setting through whiteflash, and the service they have provided has been impecable. (not to mention VERY competitively priced.) They went out of their way to make sure that i would have my setting at the time that i needed it. They even were helpful enough to have it shipped to a jeweler that i wanted to have it set. thank you very much lesley.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
To make a complex ring you need to be able to cast. But the two custom jewelry makers I know don't cast themselves -- so you just need to carve the shape from wax and maybe solder a pronged head that you buy from a place like www.hooverandstrong.com. For wedding-band style rings you bend some gold wire around a ring mandrel. So you need a ring mandrel, a plastic mallet, some gold solder, some flux, a torch, some pickle compound, some plastic tip pliers, a jewelers saw frame and blades, a bench pin, some files, sandpaper, and a buffing wheel. Some ball-pien hammers and an anvil is useful, as is a $300 metal roller which I didn't get. I took a very short but intensive class at a museum but a 10 week one would be better because we did not cover casting.

enibas

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/18/2002 11:55:49 PM
Setting is free if Vatche sets the diamond. Vatche does issue a lifetime warranty on the setting is they set and size the ring.
----------------

where is vatche located? i'm in washington, dc.

bimmerboy

Rough_Rock
Do you mind telling us how much you paid to have the stone set? Also, how does the warranty work out? What happens if the prongs come loose and you lose the stone? Does the jeweler who set it cover that?

Thanks.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results