shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are your wedding photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Alert: Question from a Newlywed!

DH said something about our shrine de amour the other day (we have something like 13 wedding photos in our bedroom alone), and I was just curious - how many wedding photos do you display? And where do you display them?

I told DH to wait until we had children, then we''d have a new love-shrine to build. I assume what I said is true, but, just out of curiosity, as the years pass, do you start putting the photos away? Or just add to the collection?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are awful. We FINALLY turned in our selection of proofs for our album and prints OVER A YEAR later.

I displayed a small photo for awhile. When we get our pics back, I will probably put one pic up. That''s it. I have a travel photo shrine in our home, and that''s really enough TGal/TGuy worship for me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only 2 pictures and both are small ones on our dresser. The children have 2 or 3 pictures scattered around the house.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we have one wedding photo downstairs and one in our bedroom. i have maybe three more couple (non wedding) photos of us around downstairs. my issue is with the kids photos - we have a zillion of them hanging all over. i have to censor myself with them.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We were married over a year ago. We have a psuedo-engagement photo with the signed matte thingy from our wedding day hanging in our family room and two 3x5 shots of us in our bedroom on our dresser. Our wedding proofs are in a photo album sitting on a hall cabinet. I'll probably put a couple more up as I continue to decorate our house.

Our neighbors have at least 20 wedding photos up in their house.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
stii waiting for ours. I plan on having 1-2 in the bedroom. And probably 4-5 others sprinkled around.

13 in the bedroom does sound like a lot!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
We just got our photo DVD to print ourselves but we''ll probably print a few photos, then make our own book.

I dated a guy long ago whose parents had a wedding shrine of their children in their bedroom. Imagine, if you will, 11x14 wedding photos of the 6 kids already married surrounding their bed, with room for the last wedding....yeah, I bolted not long after that little visit...

candctroll

Rough_Rock
We have two large signed signature mats in our living room and then we have a digital photo frame that scrolls through about 40 different pics on our entertainment system.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
They live in a photo album!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha, we have no album. Our pics are in a plastic sleeve ready to be put together for an album someday.
20.gif
I thought maybe at our 10 yr anni I would do Shutterbug (fly?) or something so I just scan pics and ta da have an album. We have one 8x10 in a frame in the closet and another 8x10 in the living room next to the grandfather clock. Otherwise that is the only photo up; my sister and parents have more pics of us up in their house then we have of ourselves. I rather have pics of my adorable nephews and goddaughter in my house than stinky old us.
face20.gif
heeehee

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ve been married almost 2 years and don''t have an album. DH got 5 printed in 4x6 size and put in a collage frame for our first anniversary. We also bought 3 larger frames to display any photos of us (probably wedding photos right now) but they are still sitting empty under our bed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we have photos of our wedding all over our house. part of this is that our photographer got really artistic with some still life stuff and it looks really cool so we blew up a lot of stuff and framed it. aka a picture of a palm tree near the ocean, the sunset one night in hawaii, a blue and white clouded sky with a lone palm tree in the corner, a close up on the rope of a hammock, my husband's saxaphone laying by itself on a gold lawn chair, etc. so some people wouldn't know it was our wedding necessarily but a lot of the pictures are from there. and some ARE of the wedding itself, friends, family, and the reception, i have those in mini collage Pottery Barn frames all along a long hallway wall upstairs; and then i have 4-5 diff size (4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 pictures in silver frames on our tall bedroom dresser mixed in with candles and vases.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOL, in my defense, about 10 are in photo collage frames. Okay, nevermind, I have no defense. We have a B&W of us kissing over DH''s dresser, a couple on my dresser (of my girlfriends and with my grandparents), a six-photo frame in B&W over our bed, two engagement pics in the hallway (one of them was signed from the wedding, the other is a small, non-posed of the two of us cracking up), one over the fireplace in the living room, and one of our entire wedding party also in the living room. Most people visiting us just see the two in the living room and the two engagement pics in the hallway.

But....it''s better than having photos all over of our cats, right?

41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have 2 in our livingroom. Hubby has one in his office. The rest are in an album.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we were first married, they were all over our house.

Now, after almost 27 years of marriage, they are in a album in a drawer. Sad isn''t it!!
38.gif

Linda

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are in a box in my bedroom closet! DH and I eloped and ended up having photos taken by a family member (we sort of had to have that person "professional" take the photos as to not hurt anyone''s feelings) and the pictures turned out really bad. The sunlight was in our eyes and we''re squinting in most of the pictures. We should have gotten other photos from a studio, but we didn''t.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t even know where our wedding album is! We had one pic framed and always had it up in our bedroom until about 6 years ago, don''t know where that got to either. We only have one pic of each daughter out, and the pics are a couple of years old. Okay, I feel really bad now!!! We are just not picture takers or displayers. In one hundred years, no one will ever find evidence our family ever existed.
15.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I keep one large wedding photo hung in my family room and another small 8x10 hung in the basement. I have a wedding album, but I am not even sure if we unpacked it since we moved because I still have a room in the basement filled with boxes I have yet to unpack.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
We had tons when we first got married up and framed.

Now, 13 years and 4 kids later, we have one 5x7 framed in the office on a book shelf and my 11 year old son (at his request) has a 4x6 copy of a photo on his desk. How sweet is that :)

The rest are safely in our wedding album with overflows in an acid free box.

But there are kid photos everywhere. I love photos and I take TONS of photos of my kids. I drive them nuts with it :) but thats my right as a mom :)

I recently scanned all my photos into digital format since I got married before digital photography (wow, that make me feel old!) so its fun now that I have ALL my photos, from wedding photo to my, DH''s, and even our parents childhood photos digtial.

I eve keep a back up disk at home AND in my safe deposit box of ALL my photos, every last one I own. It was a big recent project.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results