shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you ordering invites from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
After perusing websites for hours I can''t find anything that i just love....i like this, but it is not quite right for a rich wine theme.
7.gif
Any ideas?

1508_c3_front.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m getting mine from momentaldesigns.com and i
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the designer, kristy rice. she''s super sweet and really helpful, and she''ll work with you to come up with something you like.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I got married a while ago (nearly two years) but for some reason i''ve been lurking in this forum lately. maybe it''s the time of the year?

anyway, I loved my invitations and ordered them from an online shop called white aisle. They were beautiful. they have a pretty large selection of designs/colors. i attempted to attach an example.

4-3%20004invite.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had ours custom done by Shelley at Albertine Press in MA: www.albertinepress.com. I know she does work for anyone out of state as well as in MA. She''s amazing and her work is really creative. We are very pleased with everything she did for us, and we''d definitely use her again.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I thought about designing my own, along this line.

inviterosebush copy.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really pretty!

I like it.. except for the font. It''s sooo over used..! For some free fonts go to www.dafont.com You can find all sorts of free and fun fonts. The BEST THING about that site is that you can type in some text and see what it would look like in a certain font...
31.gif
very handy!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I really like the one you made yourself! What''s a dessert reception?

Oh and have you tried weddingpaperdivas.com?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
How do I get the new font into photo shop?

weddingpaperdivas is where the first two examples came from.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Really? I didn''t recognize them.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
this font? which apparently doesn't have an &

inviterosebushdiffont.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Dessert reception? No idea, couldn't put "lots of wine and dancing" though....could I?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Oh for some reason I read your post wrong and thought you created that one. If a dessert reception means lots of desserts, I want one! LOL. I really like the font you picked out. Odd that it doesn''t have a "&" sign.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 5:57:51 PM
Author: MoonWater
Oh for some reason I read your post wrong and thought you created that one. If a dessert reception means lots of desserts, I want one! LOL. I really like the font you picked out. Odd that it doesn''t have a ''&'' sign.
I did. But i found some random text on another website. I made it in photoshop.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I am obsessed with my invitations -- they are comparatively the biggest splurge of the wedding, but so worth it! My save-the-dates and invitations are from a letterpress company called Dauphine Press, located in CA. They have a few vineyard-type invitations, if you like letterpress.

I also got my rehearsal dinner invitations from Wedding Paper Divas, and they came out great! I have enjoyed working wiht both.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 3:58:07 PM
Author: doodle
i''m getting mine from momentaldesigns.com and i
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the designer, kristy rice. she''s super sweet and really helpful, and she''ll work with you to come up with something you like.

I am going to be following doodle!!
4.gif

sputat

Rough_Rock
If you are ordering online, I suggest www.einvite.com. They have CheckMate technology so you can play with the wording and font (size, style, etc.) and it will show you the proof automatically. You can also create an account and save your work. I ordered my wedding announcements from them and their customer service is very helpful too.

p.s. If you go via www.costco.com then search for wedding invitations, you will be directed to einvite and will get an additional 25% to 30% discount.

Good luck!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We ordered our invites from Crane & Co., although we went through a Papyrus store to do the ordering (as opposed to ordering online) because we wanted to work with a real person. www.crane.com

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 8:39:51 PM
Author: bubboo
If you are ordering online, I suggest www.einvite.com. They have CheckMate technology so you can play with the wording and font (size, style, etc.) and it will show you the proof automatically. You can also create an account and save your work. I ordered my wedding announcements from them and their customer service is very helpful too.

p.s. If you go via www.costco.com then search for wedding invitations, you will be directed to einvite and will get an additional 25% to 30% discount.

Good luck!
Great tip!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I love the invite you created yourself!! I''d definitely go with those. So pretty.

But just in case someone searches this thread in the future, I highly recommend Jean M (myjeanm.com) for simple, quality invites. I loved ours and also loved how many color/print options there were - we had the hardest time finding the colors we wanted, and Jean M is very decently priced.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You think this looks corny?

winevite copy.jpg

espressa

Shiny_Rock
We''re getting our invitations from invitesite.com. I actually never intended to get invites there, but people on PS linked to the site, I found the Pinot invites, and I had to have them. They fit our color scheme perfectly (wine/burgundy and silver), and are the only invitations I have found in those colors, actually. It seems that almost all purple invitations are lavender or some form of light purple. They say that the invites are printed on cool lavender cardstock, but from the sample I got it''s more of a pearlescent white with a hint of purple - very pretty.

My aunt runs a printing business and they do wedding invitations (we got our save the dates through her for at cost) so we could have gotten invitations for very little money, but I fell in love with these ones. I''ve convinced FI to have invitesite print them for us (I just don''t want to deal with it, and I''d rather pay someone else to do it then spend a day messing around with it), so it''s a bit of a splurge in his eyes but I still tend to think it''s pretty reasonable. ($3.50 per invite and then $250-$300ish for printing)

Also, I love the fact that the cardstock is all from Italy (we''re getting married there).
4.gif

Here is the invite closed:

pinot_closed.jpg

espressa

Shiny_Rock
And here''s the invite open:

pinot_open.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 12:25:25 PM
Author: espressa
And here''s the invite open:
Gorgeous! Very beautiful!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
OK I am soooo still struggling with this! AHHHHHH 103 days to go!

If you girls run across anything let me know.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried mygatsby.com? I''m not ordering from there, but I think that someone has before. They have some wine colored pocket folds right up on the front page. Or finestationary.com? They list several vendors (including Crane & Co.) and I love some of the handmade paper invites they have on there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results