shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you at on the Covid 19 "fear scale" of 1-10?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologize YadaYadaYada.
I made a mistake.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm at a solid 8. I go out only when needed and always masked (and only to places where everyone else is as well). I'll see my Mother and Brothers but only because they are also following the same precautions. My Son is staying home from school even though they've reopened. We do get curbside pick up for food occasionally. My main reason for caution is that I'm pregnant. There's no way to know what this virus is doing to fetuses yet. It's too early to know.
Schools opened where you are? I didn't realize they were opening up the schools yet in LI. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable sending my son back yet, too much unknowns and I have yet to hear any convincing plans on how they can keep the kids safe.

Solid 8 for me. I'm working full time from home and work sure hasn't decreased much so it feels pretty normal, and I'm enjoying the time with my kids. But we are not going out unless we have to, are pretty cautious about things coming into the house, keeping away from people, etc. If anything, we will probably be extra cautious now that we are entering phase 1 of opening.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Schools opened where you are? I didn't realize they were opening up the schools yet in LI. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable sending my son back yet, too much unknowns and I have yet to hear any convincing plans on how they can keep the kids safe.

Solid 8 for me. I'm working full time from home and work sure hasn't decreased much so it feels pretty normal, and I'm enjoying the time with my kids. But we are not going out unless we have to, are pretty cautious about things coming into the house, keeping away from people, etc. If anything, we will probably be extra cautious now that we are entering phase 1 of opening.

Public schools are closed, my Son goes to a private Pre-K (no public where I live) and I think they're classified as a daycare so they were allowed to reopen awhile ago. I didn't send him back since he only went part-time anyway. They are holding zoom classes for the kids who didn't go back.

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am at 0.50. Call me crazy but if it is gonna get me, it is gonna get me. I have never had a flu shot and never had the flu. My heart breaks for all the people who are sick (or have died) and those suffering financially and for the businesses that have closed down. Thank you Lord that my sons are grown, I would be a horrible teacher. Never in my life would I ever envisioned something like this. Can only count on my friend JC to keep me going. :saint:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
most days 9.5
some days 11 specially while having to physically grocery shop (or starve)
fear also peeked when seeing others not social distancing or when neighbours had visitors durring lock down
now about a 6 or a 7 as more and more cases are recovered in NZ

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
8 for health, 10 for economics.

excellent point about the economy
these is just so much to still be worried about
my fear level also raises when i see overseas places so baddly effected

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Public schools are closed, my Son goes to a private Pre-K (no public where I live) and I think they're classified as a daycare so they were allowed to reopen awhile ago. I didn't send him back since he only went part-time anyway. They are holding zoom classes for the kids who didn't go back.
Got it. I thought I missed a news somewhere. My son was attending the preschool at YMCA, which did open up earlier on a limited basis for essential workers. But I don't believe they will open until public schools do. I was also planning on sending him to the day camp there for the summer, but regardless of them being open or not, I definitely won't be sending him. Just feels too soon.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still at the point where I'm worried whether my husband would survive it. I'm wondering if I'd survive it, but he's more likely to have a bad result. He travels to NYC next week. Ugh.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium

We're both working from home, getting groceries delivered, and ordering takeout. The only thing we leave the house for is exercise. I live in Chicago, and it's very disappointing seeing how many people are out and about without masks. If people can't be trusted to do something as simple as wear a mask, how likely is it that they are following the more challenging precautions like social distancing while seeing friends and family?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
We used to eat out 60% of the time, but have not done any take out or restaurant delivery since. I'm far too paranoid and don't trust other people with taking all of the precautions. Everything I've been eating is cooked, so no salads, fresh fruit, or sushi either. I definitely feel COVID-19 fatigue from strict shelter-in-place and drastic lifestyle changes, but I believe it's worth it for my family and the community.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We used to eat out 60% of the time, but have not done any take out or restaurant delivery since. I'm far too paranoid and don't trust other people with taking all of the precautions. Everything I've been eating is cooked, so no salads, fresh fruit, or sushi either. I definitely feel COVID-19 fatigue from strict shelter-in-place and drastic lifestyle changes, but I believe it's worth it for my family and the community.

Kudos to you. :clap:

Your considerate choices and sacrifices reduce the odds that you, and your family, become virus factories.
This increases my chances (I'm over 60 and have the medical conditions that increase my chance of death) of surviving this pandemic.

Thank you ... Sincerely ... !!!!

Last edited:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I think my fear level would not be so high if:
1. I wasn't living in such a densely populated area.
2. If there was less confusion from the federal government; there's so much misinformation, some because we just don't know, some perhaps intentional. And sadly, I don't trust this administration to put people first.
3. If everyone had access to healthcare, or similar quality of healthcare. Even though I have private healthcare, I live in a neighborhood that is known to have "bad" hospitals. There shouldn't be good or bad hospitals. And people shouldn't be ashamed or afraid to go to the hospital because of lack of insurance. Everyone should have insurance.
4. If everyone who is high risk is able to self distance. Unfortunately it's not completely about survival of the fittest, more like survival of who has the most means. People with more money have access to better healthcare and are able to better minimize their risks. My father didn't go out, but he lived with my brother who was an essential worker. And my brother had to work.

And then add in that certain groups of people are treated differently than others in the hospitals. Well, I know that life isn't fair, but I am going to try to do my best to social distance and wear protective gear when appropriate. To help minimize risks to the vulnerable, the essential workers, and the people who have no choice but to go out. And when possible, donate.

Sorry, I usually don't post in topics like this and usually come just to ogle jewellery, but we just lost another family member yesterday and I'm feeling a bit out of sorts and just pretty depressed about humanity in general.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dizzyakira I am so sorry about your great losses. I share your depression about humanity. Sending you gentle hugs and well wishes. {{{Hugs}}}.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this makes my fear way past a 10. This was posted in a FB group my husband belongs to. Part of CT's reopening plan "universal immunization of all residents who do not have a contraindication to influenza vaccine"

What does that look like? No shot, no work, for an influenza vaccine that isn't even effective half the time?!

Like hell, over my dead body will I take a mandatory flu shot. Mind you this isn't even mainstream news here, this kind of stuff happens behind the curtain until it's mandated.
IMG_8522.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Vera. I am less than a 1. If I get it and die, so be it. I think it is less of a problem that the government is making it out to be. I am tired of every thing being shut down. I wear a mask when I go out, for other peoples comfort but if it was up to me I wouldn't wear one. When the infection rate was at its highest, no one wore one out.
I don't get flu vaccines and won't get one for covid.
I feel badly for NYC and all they have gone through but even LA County doesn't have as many infections.
I know there are a lot of people who have lost family members and that is incredibly sad. I stay home and wear a mask for those folks. I understand that there are a lot of people who fear it, and I don't want to add to their distress.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still at the point where I'm worried whether my husband would survive it. I'm wondering if I'd survive it, but he's more likely to have a bad result. He travels to NYC next week. Ugh.

Arent you canadian? Isnt the border closed?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@telephone89 Yes, we're Canadian. I don't want to say exactly what he does, but he is able to fly down for business. But there are no direct flights back, so he's considering driving back instead. About an 8-9 hour drive. But then he's definitely home for 2 months.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, can't edit my previous post. Forgot to add that he is going into self isolation when he gets home. Separate bedroom and bathroom and not going out of the house for 2 weeks.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@telephone89 Yes, we're Canadian. I don't want to say exactly what he does, but he is able to fly down for business. But there are no direct flights back, so he's considering driving back instead. About an 8-9 hour drive. But then he's definitely home for 2 months.

Eek! That is definitely scary. But definitely a do-able drive. Glad he will be home after that!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arent you canadian? Isnt the border closed?

Yes. But there are exceptions. Transportation trades can still cross (we need trucks to supply goods). Health care workers can still cross. Essential workers of other kinds can as well. @lyra I can sympathize. My husband is currently traveling for work and will also have to self-isolate for 14 days upon return. We are trying to figure out the best way for him to do this as I can't go to work if I am exposed to him during that time.

We are lucky here. We managed to keep our total number of cases low, our number of deaths to a minimum, and we are reopening up. I think I would be more worried if this wasn't the case. I feel for people in terribly affected areas.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. But there are exceptions. Transportation trades can still cross (we need trucks to supply goods). Health care workers can still cross. Essential workers of other kinds can as well. @lyra I can sympathize. My husband is currently traveling for work and will also have to self-isolate for 14 days upon return. We are trying to figure out the best way for him to do this as I can't go to work if I am exposed to him during that time.

We are lucky here. We managed to keep our total number of cases low, our number of deaths to a minimum, and we are reopening up. I think I would be more worried if this wasn't the case. I feel for people in terribly affected areas.

I guess it depends on what is considered essential. I dont personally travel internationally for work (canada only) but we've cancelled all US travel (for the people that do) as its definitely non-essential for us lol.

CBPearllover

Shiny_Rock
@dizzyakira I'm so sorry for your loss in your family :cry2: I understand your feelings on being "depressed by humanity in general"

As far as fear of contracting Covid-19 myself? I'm at a 4, I would probably be low-risk for dying. But I have two young daughters who wouldn't cut me any slack if I got sick. Fever and body aches on the couch with a 2 and 4 year old would SUCK.

Now fear for the rest of the country? Anxiety on what it has done to our economy? Fear for my family/friends working in healthcare? Solid 8.

And when our leaders claim they tested "positively toward the negative" for the disease? :shock: The number goes really high..... Like, time to start day drinking. Know what I'm saying?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 fear of the virus, personally, as we have very few cases where we live and no deaths. I am cautious, but I won't stop living my life in fear of a virus that likely was spreading around for months before they started counting. My faith keeps me from fear, but I am deeply sorry for those who are afraid and for those who have suffered the loss of loved ones. I realize some areas have much greater risk.

10 concern that many are dying because of improper treatment and the failure to try treatments that some doctors are reporting as being effective

10 concern for the far greater number of local people (and national) who have lost jobs, businesses, or will lose homes, and for those who have suffered depression or even committed suicide over this.

10 concern for the children who lost time in school and may again in the fall and for those who have suffered child neglect or abuse in stressful home situations.

10+ mandatory vaccines of any kind is beyond comprehension, and we'd better fight for medical freedom as a fundamental human right. As for any rapidly developed COVID vaccine, you couldn't pay be to be a guinea pig. They have already had some serious adverse reactions in the human testing which says to me they didn't spend enough time with mice!!! Most vaccines take 4-10+years to be developed. The flu vaccine is pretty low in effectiveness after years of development and use, so I am not too hopeful for this one. I think those desperate for a vaccine sadly will be taking a huge risk for a false sense of security at best. I think having herd immunity from enough younger, healthy people being exposed to or having the virus is far safer and more effective. That's why I think extended isolation for the healthy is not going to just prolong the whole thing.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm about a 6.5. I think we just need to make sure as a society, as we re-open, we do it with selflessness. With a sense of grace and with a mindset of making sure others do not get sick. Even if one personally does not care about getting sick, to make sure no one else does. That's grace to me. And that's my 2 cents :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

We're both working from home, getting groceries delivered, and ordering takeout. The only thing we leave the house for is exercise. I live in Chicago, and it's very disappointing seeing how many people are out and about without masks. If people can't be trusted to do something as simple as wear a mask, how likely is it that they are following the more challenging precautions like social distancing while seeing friends and family?

exactly
the behavior i have witnessed from my neighbours deplorable
complete disregard for staying in their own bubble

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i also worry about people i dont even know.
i lie in bed at night worrying about NYC and London and Spain and now Brazil, for Sweden
i worry for every nanna and pop on the planet
good luck and best wishes for your husband's upcoming travel
i wish he didn't have to go

this is such a sad time - to be sad because someone has to go to NYC just isnt right :(2

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think my fear level would not be so high if:
1. I wasn't living in such a densely populated area.
2. If there was less confusion from the federal government; there's so much misinformation, some because we just don't know, some perhaps intentional. And sadly, I don't trust this administration to put people first.
3. If everyone had access to healthcare, or similar quality of healthcare. Even though I have private healthcare, I live in a neighborhood that is known to have "bad" hospitals. There shouldn't be good or bad hospitals. And people shouldn't be ashamed or afraid to go to the hospital because of lack of insurance. Everyone should have insurance.
4. If everyone who is high risk is able to self distance. Unfortunately it's not completely about survival of the fittest, more like survival of who has the most means. People with more money have access to better healthcare and are able to better minimize their risks. My father didn't go out, but he lived with my brother who was an essential worker. And my brother had to work.

And then add in that certain groups of people are treated differently than others in the hospitals. Well, I know that life isn't fair, but I am going to try to do my best to social distance and wear protective gear when appropriate. To help minimize risks to the vulnerable, the essential workers, and the people who have no choice but to go out. And when possible, donate.

Sorry, I usually don't post in topics like this and usually come just to ogle jewellery, but we just lost another family member yesterday and I'm feeling a bit out of sorts and just pretty depressed about humanity in general.

Oh, no - I'm so sorry that you've lost another loved one! Gentle hugs.

I can't tell you how much I identify with what you've posted. You're not alone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results