shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you at on the Covid 19 "fear scale" of 1-10?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
with 1 = no fear and 10 = very fearful.

I'm like a 5.

I will not go hangout in a big crowd but I'll dine out when the restaurants reopen for business.

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I consider myself a 5, also. I'm not terrified of getting it (may have already had it) but I'm not out there putting myself in situations where I'd easily come in contact with someone that has it, either. When I'm out I wear a mask, and the only place I plan to go in the very near future where I will be in close contact with someone is to get my hair cut. And then only if we're both wearing masks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I consider myself a 5, also. I'm not terrified of getting it (may have already had it) but I'm not out there putting myself in situations where I'd easily come in contact with someone that has it, either.
But you wouldn't know who have the virus or not.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
8. I will only go out for groceries, walks or runs. Take outs if buying from restuarants. I saw how sick it made my brothers, sisters, and nieces with no underlying conditions. My family with underlying conditions are still not back to normal after a month. My father didn't make it. So even if I may not get as sick, I would be heartbroken if I somehow was spreading this and indirectly caused anyone's death. So no, I'm not ready to get haircuts or eat out or go out in a crowd. Just not worth it. I can find other ways of supporting local businesses.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
8 for me. My DH tested positive and I tested negative. We were both really sick in March and April. He has to test negative before we can get antibodies test. The believe I had it and it’s cleared from my system as I was sick before him

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say 7.5 but I’ll round up to 8. I don’t go out unless I have to.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I consider myself a 5 when it comes to fear for health, and a 9 when it comes to fear for the economy.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a 2 at most.

I'm in the demographic that is fairly safe within the analysis by age group, and although not 'fit' right now, I'm not obese or with underlying conditions, so I'm feeling confident that I will be fine.

I also think I've already had it - the white lines across my nails that are slowly creeping towards the point they will be cut off indicate I was ill a while ago now, and at the time I had a tight, rattly chest and a fast heartbeat (IIRC), so I'm waiting for the (in-home) tests to see if I have immunity.

Any concerns I have are for those around me, but I'm also aware that they are leading their own lives and going out and about to do things, and the virus may not be controllable but it is not some scary monster stalking people like a grim reaper.

My family and people I know are (if I'm understanding it correctly) more likely to die in a car accident than from Covid-19, so I try to maintain a balanced position on risk tolerance. (This statement is also true of most people on here, I'd imagine.)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a 1 on fear, and a 10 on wisdom.

I'm not afraid to walk off a cliff; I'm too wise to.

But don't you ever get those thoughts that say "I wonder what it would be like if..." :???: :lol: lol

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand the fear DF keeps bring up.
I do understand appropriate concern, awareness, judgement, wisdom, evaluation of risk.

But fear?
Nope not a bit.

I will earn from and follow the latest advice from the experts ... not the politicians manipulating fear in the millions of the stoopidest voters to get reelected.
If I get the virus anyway, oh well, so be it, I'll make the best of it.
At least I did all the right things to minimize my chances of getting it.

I'm not being macho or fake/brave.
I simply do not experience fear regarding this pandemic or its effects.
Lots of other feelings and emotions, sure, but fear just ain't one of them.

Haven't they proven fear plays a larger part in the psychology of conservatives than in liberals?
IIRC it's someting they've linked to actual differences in the anatomy of their brains.

Hence, guns and religions are more popular with conservatives.
But ya know, people vary. ;))

Last edited:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
with 1 = no fear and 10 = very fearful.

I'm like a 5.

I will not go hangout in a big crowd but I'll dine out when the restaurants reopen for business.

5-6, mainly because people are gross and most still aren't self aware enough to realize what they're doing. Like lifting the mask up to talk, rubbing their eyes and grabbing door handles, or coughing INTO their hands. If they're dining indoors and sneezes/coughs without a mask, that's getting everywhere, so pass. We've been ordering takeout so we'll continue to support local restaurants that way.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like a 1 at this point, I was always mostly fearful for my elderly parents rather than myself. :)) We are so lucky here in Oz, no new cases in my state for weeks. We are mostly back at work, everything seems completely normal apart from various restaurants/cinemas/gyms aren't fully open yet.

I think however on a global scale, we are probably far from past the worst of it with many new countries seeing new cases on the rise... :((

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand the fear DF keeps bring up.
I do get the concern, awareness, judgement, wisdom, evaluation of risk.

But the fear thing?
Nope not a bit.
Ok @kenny ...How concern are you about catching the virus? . Are you hiding under your bed 24/7 with a laptop while browsing PS?...:lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 2-3 on a good day and when I start thinking about school in the fall and all that entails 8-9.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
The reason I am at a 10 is because there are a lot of unknowns around long term heart and brain damage. IMO we are re-opening too soon and there will likely be another peak soon. Our economy will be better off long term if we continue shelter-in-place stricter and longer to eradicate the virus, vs. having additional spikes and dragging this out longer.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason I am at a 10 is because there are a lot of unknowns around long term heart and brain damage. IMO we are re-opening too soon and there will likely be another peak soon. Our economy will be better off long term if we continue shelter-in-place stricter and longer to eradicate the virus, vs. having additional spikes and dragging this out longer.
In the meantime how can people pay their monthly bills and put foods on the table for their kids?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fall into the death camp age and health. I am currently an 8. I really like what @kenny said I'm not fearful but I plan to follow advice for my age group. There really is no way of telling who will get the adverse reaction of a Cytokine Storm.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 in terms of health, 10 in terms of economic repercussions

I've eaten out and will eat out again when they let in 50 patrons per venue on 1st June. Planning to go shopping with my sister too.

I obey the rules because I respect that they're there to protect other people and it's not my right to potentially kill someone else.

For myself I'm a big believer in survival of the fittest so if I live I live and if I don't too bad. I'm not going to hide in a bunker for the next two years to extend my life if I'm not meant to be able to fight this thing. There's more to life than being alive and limping by.

I've got terrible survival instincts I've learned.

We're ok for now financially but the economic fall out keeps me up at night. I worry about a lot of things. What happens if hubby dies? What happens if he gets a pay cut? When will we be able to sell the other house. That's probably going to kill me too besides Covid19!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
In the meantime how can people pay their monthly bills and put foods on the table for their kids?

This is where the government and corporations can help. Perhaps more stimulus checks (only to those who have reduced employment or unemployment), and interest free loans to people and businesses...

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in a very low case area so probably a 2-3 right now. I will be more anxious when we return to Houston. I've eaten out a few times already. Wear a mask until seated, tables far apart, waitstaff in masks, no salt, paper menus. It felt very safe (and really weird!).

And yes, I ate enough chips, salsa, and queso for an army! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results