shape
carat
color
clarity

when's my turn?

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
Another girlfriend of mine got engaged over the weekend... They have been together less then me and my SO... I feel almost guilty mentioning it to him cause I don't want him to think im "pressuring" him... but I did.

Interesting side note he brought up the cost of engagement rings about a week ago., and how he would want it to be a certain value (even though he believes its the meaning behind it, and so do I... but society puts a pressure on men to have a certain value in order to "show off their love".. and wants me to be proud of it?!) DUDE, you could give me a crackerbox ring and I would be happy at this point... you don't need to spend 8000+ (which is a price he mentioned).. and the last several months has been tight with his money...
Maybe I am searching for it because I want it to happen... ahhhh.. im actually driving myself crazy...

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I totally get it SPG. We have one couple friends that have been dating for 6 months and if they get engaged (which might happen!) I might just explode. But if he seems to be getting ready for a purchase you just need to try to relax and go along for the ride. It's hard, and I have to take this advice for myself, but it'll turn out for the best in the end.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Ouch, I know the feeling.
My close guy friend proposed to his gf with a white gold CZ ring because that's all he could afford for now. I told this to SO and he said that if he would get what he could afford, he wouldn't even be able to buy a guitar (his analogy for something priceless to him, lol), and for something that you're going to use as a gateway to spend the rest of your life with someone, you should spend some time saving for it.

That, and he's anti-anything pretending to be a diamond lol.

Your SO will propose when he can, it's an annoying and heartwrenching wait, but as the majority of women here will say, if he's the one, it's worthwhile.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. Waiting is the worsttttt!!! I have a bunch of friends who have gotten engaged, married and had babies in a shorter time than I have been waiting for. I totally get it!!

Of course you want to be 100% excited and thrilled for your friends, but it's tough not to feel a pang of jealousy when you want it to be your turn already!!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I can sort of relate. My BF's sister got engaged two weeks ago. She has been with her Bf for much longer, and I'm very happy for them, but strangely enough when I heard the news I felt a strange pang of jealousy. I have never really had proper LIWitis and it surprised me. For the past week, I have suddenly had my first ever flare up and I'm hating it. I think a contirbuting factor is that I know he has the ring and he told me on new years that it would definitely be happening this year, so as we edge closer to December I'm getting excited and antsy.

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your stories and support ladies.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Do you get to be involved in the picking? If so, you can work with any budget using PS and all the information about internet vendors. It's possible to something that will wow the family and keep to your budget. $8k is very generous, especially if he is tight on money. You can find something for less with a vendor that offers an upgrade policy.

But it all depends on whether the money is really the hold up, or he isn't quite ready yet to get engaged.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results