carat
color
clarity

When you don't clean your ring for six years

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you do jewelry cleaning housecalls? :lol::lol:

Please come to my house! I assure you the jewelry is spotless, but we would have fun anyway!

I bet your jewelry is even cleaner than mine with that ultrasonic! You know at the rate my job search is going I just might have to go with jewelry cleaning house calls.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet your jewelry is even cleaner than mine with that ultrasonic! You know at the rate my job search is going I just might have to go with jewelry cleaning house calls.
That would be very interesting and fulfilling work! Just think of all the grimy diamonds out there.......

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
A new friend of mine who is very pregnant and can't currently wear her e-ring brought it over to my house to show it to me, knowing my love for all things sparkly. She had told me it was her husband's grandmother's ring, but didn't know much about it. It was so filthy, I had to scrub it with a toothbrush to un-gunk it before even putting it in the ultrasonic. After cleaning it for her I realized it was a very high color OEC/trans probably close to 2.5cts! I had never seen such a high color, high quality OEC irl before (and it triggered recent obsession). I couldn't believe someone could have such an amazing piece and let it look like hers did. I am thinking I shamed her into keeping it clean now, though.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: OMG can't believe that amazing diamond was hiding under all that dirt and gunk and 2 1/2 carats, she is a lucky girl! @Mrs_Strizzle

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: OMG can't believe that amazing diamond was hiding under all that dirt and gunk and 2 1/2 carats, she is a lucky girl! @Mrs_Strizzle

Turns out her hubby knew how special it is, as he had it appraised and insured before giving it to her. She is just one of those girls who wouldn't care either way. I had to tell her, "Never sell this...but if you do, call me first!":Up_to_something::lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It never occurs to some people to clean their jewelry.
I have bought jewelry from Ebay and pawnshops that came to me encrusted with ancient hardened grime underneath. It's so hard to get it all off, but it is thrilling to see the huge difference afterward!

I bought a pair of .85 tw diamond studs from a good friend. They belonged to his mother and she wore them continuously. They were completely packed with nasty gunk. It was pretty hard to get them clean, but they look great and now take weekly baths in my ultrasonic!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh call me first...that is too funny, I imagine some folks feel an old diamond is just an old diamond :naughty: @Mrs_Strizzle

@stracci2000, I totally agree it just does not occur to people that they need to clean their jewelry. My mom was a good example, totally OCD about cleaning the house daily but her e-ring had all kinds of gunk in/on it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results