shape
carat
color
clarity

When trying on jewelry in Stores what excuse do you give?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Re: When trying on jewelry in Stores what excuse do you give

If they ask, I tell them I'm just browsing, and generally they say "Okay, well, just tell me if you'd like to try anything on." So I do. No excuses needed.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Jennifer W said:
sparklebunny said:
Oh St Andrews is fab, I love the beach there. I nearly went to Uni there but about half my school decided to the same so I ended up staying in Edinburgh.

I come up fairly regularly as most of my family still live there, we actually got married in Edinburgh at the end of May - that's Edinburgh castle in the background of my avatar - so let me know if a GTG is on the cards. How exciting :appl:

Bellini's and diamonds - doesn't get much better than that!

So it is! Edinburgh Castle. I didn't spot it! Come and join us, if you're here. This could turn into a surprisingly well attended gtg. Anyone else?

Jen

Sadly a bit far for me - even if my parents are both from Edinburgh and haggis is my favourite food...

Have a good time!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks everyone! :wavey:

Littlegreykitten, Kenny, Iamdanny, and Princess, you all make great points! I will be doing this in the very near future.

My search for the perfect solitaire will be underway. I think that my new AVC has opened up lots of options ,as I realize that I love the look of a shape, other than round. So who knows where this will take me.

I now know, that even although I loved my round and now my AVC it wouldn't hurt to try on lots of shapes in case there is something else that appeals to me more. Also I would really like something to compliment my (probably over large) eternity ring. So it is going to be a lot of trial and error. Lots of jewellery shop visiting for me!

Pandora, it would be lovely if you could make it to a GTG! I am going to contact Jen today via David. If you are interested perhaps you could do the same.

That goes for you too sparklebunny and our other fellow scot PO too!!

Thank you everyone! Your help with this has been much appreciated.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

4ever

Ideal_Rock

ETA: I think I'm a little late to the party here but want to give my 2 cents anyway.

I don't think you NEED to give an excuse for trying stuff on.

I've been working as a SA in a B&M for just under a mounth now and I like it when people just want to try stuff on for fun and have a 'play'. It's fun for me even when I know I'm not getting a sale out of it, and I know if the customer enjoys themselves, they might come back in future for a repairs or another purchase.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

4ever,

Not to late at all! :wavey:

That is very good to know. I hate to feel like I am wasting someone's time. I wish I could come visit your shop and play with the diamonds!! :bigsmile:

Thank you. :appl:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

OMG! We just tried on every ring in Glasgow!

We had the best GTG ever, and I think Susimoo is one of the most fun people I ever met! Many, many cocktails later I can say that she's an awful lot of fun!

Awesome! Best day out I've had in a long time and random strangers admired our bling in Rogano. If you've ever been to Rogano, you'll understand! :bigsmile:

Love ya, Susimoo, thank you for a fantastic day and some lovely champagne!

Jen

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Love you straight back!
It was awesome wasn't it! We have to do it again! The mix of champagne and diamonds was to good to be true! Jennifer, you are a star. A kindred spirit indeed. I cannot wait to do it again! Hopefully with a new 1.5+ RB!

Thank you Pricescope. You just found me my new BFF!!!
:bigsmile:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

You know, 2+ct looked really, really good with your band....

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Enabler!!!!

Me too! I just have to sort out the job bit! :bigsmile: Can't wait to see you again! :wavey:

And, if I am being honest, 2+ carats looked fab with my band! :lol:

Your turn to tell the hubby!!! :devil:

See you soon! :appl: :Up_to_something: :tongue:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Shall I talk to him? I mean, 2+ looked fantastic, do you need me to introduce the concept? :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

I just approached the subject and now he is feeling faint!! Maybe you should intervene!

Perhaps PS first aid is in order!!

Alternatively, I'll just buy it and not tell him. Doesn't hurt that way! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results